Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre Season Peterborough

We went along to the game last night its only a 20 min journey from home so nice and easy to get to. It made for a pleasant evening and my first chance to see this seasons squad. I thought I would share my first impressions.
The players seemed relaxed and the mood in the camp looked good, I thought the warm up taken by two new coaches (don't know there names) looked a bit basic and very similar to what I have done coaching colts football for the last 10 years. Anyway onto the game and the players. I thought it was a decent performance we tried to play football and looked like we were trying to play quickly to feet and keep possession, very few 50/50 balls hit all night, Bob Peeters was constantly reminding the players to keep it and don't give away possession.
Henderson I thought looked a little awkward in his movement but I am used to watching Ben Hamer and I think is a tough act to follow, Pope played the last 20 mins and dropped the ball a couple of times under heavy challenge but was quick to get to his feet and see away any danger (Alnwick looked decent)
Morrison was his usual self at times fantastic but still prone to the odd mistake which could easily be punished
Jackson I thought looked fit and played well as did Fox and Wilson
Of the new boys I thought Guomundsson looked lively and showed touches of real quality, Buyens looks a decent centre mid and Vetokele looks very lively, strong with a good touch.
Wiggins looked fit and sharp but looked like a left back playing on the left wing
Harriott played up the middle and was a threat usual mix of brilliance and frustration
I was really pleasantly surprised by Tal Ben Haim I wasn't sure what to expect but what I watched was a very good defender who read the game well, tackled well bossed the defence and seemed to really enjoy himself MOM for me
First time I have seen Gomez he could be real player for the future just hope we can hold onto him for bit
Cousins came on and did well. Nego, Piggot and Church had short cameo appearances nothing to add
Left feeling optimistic for the season ahead but still concerned where the goals will come from (Tucudean was jogging lightly round the pitch hope its lack of fitness and not injury)
Bought tickets for the Colchester cup game this morning!!!!!!!!!!