Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peeters not ruling out more signings before Brentford opener

Comments

• Options
    "Charlton should have wrapped things up when awarded a penalty in the second half which saw Johnnie Jackson and Tal Ben Haim argue over who took it."

Not what you should be doing at a new club Tal... especially not as a CB my friend. Probably stuck a bit of unneeded pressure onto JJ.
  • Options
    The fitness is still not 100% not really what you want to hear a week before the season starts
  • Options

"Charlton should have wrapped things up when awarded a penalty in the second half which saw Johnnie Jackson and Tal Ben Haim argue over who took it."

Not what you should be doing at a new club Tal... especially not as a CB my friend. Probably stuck a bit of unneeded pressure onto JJ.

Read clems post match view on the thread, explains what actually happens
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I hope @Clem_Snide‌ won't mind me copying this from his post match report which is at odds with the news hopper;

Anyone making anything out of the penalty "incident" wasn't at the game. Bikey was laughing and trying to put the ball on the spot. He immediately gave the ball to Ben Haim when he stepped forward and as soon as BP pointed at Jackson TBH gave him the ball without any hint of dissention. We should be focusing on the driving run from halfway by Igor which won it.

That doesn't sound like fighting over the ball to me and may have been lost in BP's translation of the situation.
  • Options
    I was sitting right infront of them. The press box is nowhere near what went on.

I repeat it was a nothing incident.
  • Options
    Fair does, wasn't at the game.
  • Options
    Peeters added: “I don't like people fighting for the ball to take the penalty.

“So I made a decision and Jackson was going to get the penalty and he missed, which was just typical.”

it was that comment from Peeters that makes it seem like something happened
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Shame Ben Haim wasn't allowed to score against Portsmouth. It's a friendly and he was getting booed every time he touched the ball.
  • Options
    Yeah i think Ben Haim wanted to take it but there was no argument over it, Jackson just overuled him.

No issue other then Ben Haim wanting to shut up the Pompey fans.
  • Options

there's that zionist arrogance again;>)))))))))))))))))))) calm yer jets, just jestin'....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having conducted the interview with Bob after the game, I can confirm he came out with the comment on the dispute over the penalty on his own without being prompted.

There was a small dispute I think as TBH wanted to quiet the Pompey boo boys, who, fair play to their endurance, booed him from kick off until full time unabated, but Jacko is the penalty taker and stepped up.

In his own *rough* words, it 'was a *not very good* penalty'.