Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Not receiving some text messages

Right. This is turning into a right ball ache. My missus is on tesco mobile. Her friends are sending her messages and some she gets and some she don't?? And by that I mean the same friend.
Been going on for a few months. Complained to tesco who changed the SIM card. Thought it was alright for a while but obviously can't be certain. But this past week it's definitely been happening again. And I'm getting it in the ear but not really sure how to sort it. She's under contract on a htc. Not expensive phone. Any ideas?

Comments

• If she's getting everyone else's I would suspect the friend more than the technology....
  • Same thing happened to my mum, she kept sending us messages and we never got them but everyone else was ok. Vodafone changed the sim and now it is ok
  • edited August 2014
    Don't think I explained it too well. No ,one person sends her a text. She gets it. The same person sends her another text 2 days later she doesn't get it. And this is happening with a handful of her contacts. Some on iPhone. some not. Very intermittent.
  • edited August 2014

I'm having the same problem. So far, none of the texts Rachel Riley has sent asking me to sleep with her have come through.

That's because unfortunately she received that picture message you sent her first !

;-(
  • Try resetting the handset to factory settings
  • Mate I had a HTC phone and it sent text messages to people I didn't want it too

I had to get rid of it before it got me in huge trouble

Best thing to do Is feck the HTC off
  • Two of my daughters are on Tesco mobile and having problems at the moment.

• Maybe some are being sent by an app rather than traditional text
  • If you've got another handset you could pop the sim into for a few days, you might be able to narrow down the cause of the problem. If it continues, at least you know whether or not it's the phone......
  • Sponsored links:

• We've got the reverse problem. Lost count of the number of times that the same text has been received twice. And on more than one occasion, three times.
  • Carly - has your missus switched from being an I-phone user ? It could be her friend's phones still think she has an I- phone abd is sending the message direct to that
  • Carly - has your missus switched from being an I-phone user ? It could be her friend's phones still think she has an I- phone abd is sending the message direct to that

No mate. Someone did mention that to me. Missing messages come from people with Iphones as well as android