Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chinese Earthquake

Just seen on the BBC news that 360 people have died in China.

I know nothing of Chinese geography so would just like to hope that Jessie, Stu and any other lifers in China are ok.

Comments

• LenGlover said:

Just seen on the BBC news that 360 people have died in China.

I know nothing of Chinese geography so would just like to hope that Jessie, Stu and any other lifers in China are ok.

Me too, Len.

Won't be happy until we hear they're safe.

• I believe the poor souls are in Yunnan which is in the south west of China on the border with Burma and Laos. I don't think Jessie or Stu are near there, or any other lifers.
    RIP to those killed.
  • that's exactly where stu is/was... in kunming

i use past tense as i know he is imminently moving away

jessie is thousands of miles away... me too...
  • Thanks Siv.
  • Thank you so much everyone. Like Seth and Siv said, I live thousands of miles away so I'm safe.

It is very sad news indeed. Probably the most serious earthquake in China since 2008. RIP...
  • I'm OK! Some friends in Kunming felt the earthquake but it's not caused any damage. I was at work, rather than in my apartment, which is on the 30th floor so didn't feel anything, or even know about it until much later.

It's terrible to read about what's happened inZhaotong, I can't imagine being right in the middle of the rainy season is going to help the rescue efforts.
  • Glad to hear you're ok Stu.