Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsene raises a question

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28635053

Arsene's suggesting that the Man Chity Lampard loan is a useful means of getting around the Financial Fair Play rules. Is there a learning for the sort of trickery that RD would be able to bring into play for Charlton via his network? And if so do we have a problem with RD doing this for the betterment of Charlton (and other clubs in the network)?

Comments

• Options
    He's already doing it, see Tal Ben Haim and Yoni Buyens.
  • Options
    Is an extremely easy way of getting round the rulings
  • Options
    We could still get around it seeing Roland owns so many clubs but maybe there should be a ruling that says one club cant sign more than two players from another club each season
  • Options
    For a club with limited financial means I get why it happens although I agree there should be a limit - we'd be happy to see that safety net for our contracted players - but there's something perverse about seeing the richest club in the world weasling their way through the rules.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Arsene is a whinging tit, end of.

I've got a soft spot for Wenger but the man doesn't do himself any favours, he doesn't need to voice an opinion on everything.
  • Options

We could still get around it seeing Roland owns so many clubs but maybe there should be a ruling that says one club cant sign more than two players from another club each season

Liverpool would be stuffed having signed a fair few from Southampton
  • Options

cfgs said:

I've got a soft spot for Wenger but the man doesn't do himself any favours, he doesn't need to voice an opinion on everything.
    Evil prevails when good men do nothing etc.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

He's more interested in what others are doing.
  • Options
    Think as well it would be a huge safety net for us smaller clubs... i.e. You may get another case like Southampton but least Liverpool would have been forced to have chosen between Lovren / Lallana or Lambert.

Maybe another rule that could be made interesting is that clubs can only buy and sell three (?) players each transfer window... Again would stop top clubs from signing up all the top talent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Think as well it would be a huge safety net for us smaller clubs... i.e. You may get another case like Southampton but least Liverpool would have been forced to have chosen between Lovren / Lallana or Lambert.

Maybe another rule that could be made interesting is that clubs can only buy and sell three (?) players each transfer window... Again would stop top clubs from signing up all the top talent.

Blackpool would have been in trouble if that was the rule. Thinking about it, so would we.
  • Options
    Didn't Arsenal use a Belgium club as a feeder club for a while? Pretty sure that's who they managed to get a work permit for Emmanuel Eboue and a couple of others.
  • Options

Didn't Arsenal use a Belgium club as a feeder club for a while? Pretty sure that's who they managed to get a work permit for Emmanuel Eboue and a couple of others.

Beveren - they gave them an interest free loan to keep them afloat, following which Beveren started stocking up on Africans. Arsenal got Eboue from them, but no-one else made it off the production line.
  • Options

Beveren - they gave them an interest free loan to keep them afloat, following which Beveren started stocking up on Africans. Arsenal got Eboue from them, but no-one else made it off the production line.
    thats not exactly true, nobody else made it to Arsenal but Toure, Gervinho, Boka and Romaric made decent to superb careers after it. Arsene just missed out on the talent of Toure, he could ve had him on the cheap at Beveren.

but on topic, Arsene just likes to complain about what others do and uses Arsene vision when it comes to his own club.
  • Options
    Wenger in "it's not fair" shocker
  • Options
    I like the way his teams play and he's been under unfair pressure by his own fans but Jesus the guy whinged in the press. Wait until arsenal buy another club and he'll say it's a genius move.

Bloody French
  • Options

They changed the rules after Watford had about eight players from Udinese. Think it's four now?
    Thing about the Duchatelet network it looks like you have players moving on loan partly to help clubs (Buyens) and partly to get game time (Piotr). If you think about the number of players sitting around adding no value over the years then perhaps Duchatelet is all about getting value out of each squad - we have 1/3 less players this season but many seem to think this squad is better than twelve months ago... A club can run a smaller squad if it knows there are emergency loans available. And we can offer longer term contracts if we know that we can loan players out for development and to free up costs.
    These economies of scale are very different to the games being played at the top of the Premier league... But perhaps M.Duchatelet will look at MLS if it fits the overall plan?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

For a club with limited financial means I get why it happens although I agree there should be a limit - we'd be happy to see that safety net for our contracted players - but there's something perverse about seeing the richest club in the world weasling their way through the rules.

Perverse but sadly in no way unexpected.
  • Options

They changed the rules after Watford had about eight players from Udinese. Think it's four now?
    Thing about the Duchatelet network it looks like you have players moving on loan partly to help clubs (Buyens) and partly to get game time (Piotr). If you think about the number of players sitting around adding no value over the years then perhaps Duchatelet is all about getting value out of each squad - we have 1/3 less players this season but many seem to think this squad is better than twelve months ago... A club can run a smaller squad if it knows there are emergency loans available. And we can offer longer term contracts if we know that we can loan players out for development and to free up costs.
    These economies of scale are very different to the games being played at the top of the Premier league... But perhaps M.Duchatelet will look at MLS if it fits the overall plan?
    Doesn't the MLS have a unique structure though in that players (I believe) are "owned" by the league rather than the individual clubs. I'm not sure if that would sit comfortably with RD's model ?
  • Options

thats not exactly true, nobody else made it to Arsenal but Toure, Gervinho, Boka and Romaric made decent to superb careers after it. Arsene just missed out on the talent of Toure, he could ve had him on the cheap at Beveren.

but on topic, Arsene just likes to complain about what others do and uses Arsene vision when it comes to his own club.
    True, so for keeping Beveren afloat they were rewarded with several years of Eboue and eventually a manhandling from Toure twice a season. Life paid them back in the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I quite like him as a manager and the way his teams play,but he is a bit of a whinger.He's done well to raise anything at his age.
  • Options
    Check out the Man City squad for this season...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2715463/Frank-Lampard-Bacary-Sagna-Fernando-Willy-Caballero-Eliaquim-Mangala-given-Manchester-City-two-possible-teams.html

....truly staggering how much they must be paying that lot in wages - and there are some bloody good players not even in the 22 listed there.

They lost 53 million quid in the year to end-May 2013 and I look forward to seeing their latest results because I can't see how they are going to shave those losses given their ongoing transfer buys and rising wage bill - don't forget they are only increasing their revenues by getting other Emirates companies (Etihad, Etisalat) to pump money into the club.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/29/manchester-city-loss-wage-bill-income

Their wage bill in 2012-2013 was 230 MILLION POUNDS!