Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the sheff utd and blackburn games set up nicely now

must be the sun shining that's doing it, or maybe i probably didn't really expect too much from the everton game anyway but for some reason i dont seem overly bothered about yesterday's result...sheff utd and blackburn are set up nicely now...these two are the key...

Comments

• Options
    I agree, I didn't expect us to get anything out of yesterday, however it makes it all the more worse after equalising in the last minute!
  • Options
    It must of been very disheartening for the players - well it was for me. Just hope they remain positive.
  • Options
    totally agree. A must win against Sheff utd and then that will set us up nicely for operation Ewood and with that support up there I feel confident we can come away with three points.
  • Options
    Results breed confidence. Our players will be gutted and Sheffield will be flying after the weekend.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Results breed confidence. Our players will be gutted and Sheffield will be flying after the weekend.[/quote]

not after they play their game in hand tomorrow night against man utd they wont...
  • Options
    Its all over, cant see us getting more than 3 points from the remainder of the games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Its all over, cant see us getting more than 3 points from the remainder of the games.
    don't be so negative....bollox... you're being realistic...... the fat lady's clearing her throat.....................................
  • Options
    But Sheffield United play Manchester United tomorrow so hopefully they'll get stuffed...
  • Options
    Basically all yesturdays game done was made Sheffield and Blackburn must win games. Then we go into the last two games of the season knowing a point may be enough and to be honest I don't see why we can't beat the Yids at home!

I just got a horrible feeling we are going to go down on 37 and Sheffield stay up on 38 then we will curse James McFadden forever!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]Basically all yesturdays game done was made Sheffield and Blackburn must win games. Then we go into the last two games of the season knowing a point may be enough and to be honest I don't see why we can't beat the Yids at home!

I just got a horrible feeling we are going to go down on 37 and Sheffield stay up on 38 then we will curse James McFadden forever![/quote]
    It's gonna go to the last game, we will need to get a point at Liverpool and rely on Sheff U not beating Wigan.

What a day!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    keep the faith "WE ARE STAYING UP"
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    We have been riding out luck the last few games and it ran out yesterday. Sheff stuffing west span is a massive boost for them, I think our "good run" bubble has burst!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]We have been riding out luck the last few games and it ran out yesterday. Sheff stuffing west span is a massive boost for them, I think out "good run" bubble has burst![/quote]

one defeat, by a last minute goal, in seven games...'riding our luck' ???, 'bubble has burst' ???...get a grip...
  • Options
    You only have to look at our run in compared to Sheff Utd to see how we are in the shit.

Even if we beat Sheff Utd we dont look like taking the game to anyone away and obviously Liverpool is a nil pointer.

In my view we had to get 3 points out of the last 2 away games, being a realist I think we have had our chance now.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    oh come on we arn't playing well and I think we have been riding out luck
  • Options
    sheff utd and blackburn are both winnable games and win them and it will break the back of the relegation issue...blackburn away and we already had 1700 signed up by 3pm on saturday according to the main site...more will book their tickets this week ahead of the sheff utd game so we are already guaranteed a reasonable turn out...that will feed thorugh to the players on the day...we will win there...beat sheff utd and we could test the 7500 target but probably upwards of 5,000 is more realistic and achievable...the team and fans that are up for it will stay up...we are staying up...
  • Options
    We could take 25k fans to blackburn and they will still beat us. You must get very disapointed when we lose because you are far to optimistic.
  • Options
    I agree that some of our recent performances (Wigan most obviously) were not great but, then again, what do people expect at this time of the season, Brazil in 1970? We were 60 seconds and a moment of magic from getting a point against a side that is 5th and has a very good home record, that's not luck its bloody good spirit and determination. I agree that we are not playing with fluidity but we are getting points where the likes of West Ham and Fulham are not because they are not as resillient as we are.

This is still very much game on and anyone who thinks otherwise is a damned fool.
  • Options
    I agree it is game on!i say 9 points beat the blades,blackburn and the spuds that is very achievable
  • Options
    Do you reckon Blackburn will just play their season out - nothing to play for and must be gutted with losing to Chelsea.....Well I hope so, cos if they give it their all I dont expect to come away from Ewewood Park singing "We are staying up".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have to believe we can get out of this. We have two very winnable games coming up plus a reasonable chance against the Spuds. Lets not get down hearted. If anybody would have told be that with four games to go, we had a two win two, probably to stay up, I would have laughed at them.
  • Options
    I think 3 wins to stay up
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]We could take 25k fans to blackburn and they will still beat us. You must get very disapointed when we lose because you are far to optimistic.[/quote]

the optimist in me disregards the set-backs because i know we can make it up with the next game...all true charlton fans know that however bad it looks or gets, we will always bounce back...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]I think 3 wins to stay up
    agreed and i can see one at best.... but i'll keep me fingers crossed
  • Options
    2 wins and we'll finish above Foolham. Sheff utd, Wigan and us will all stay up Foolham are going down!
  • Options
    We don't need three wins, that's not right, two and a draw or even one win and two draws might be OK.

Needing three wins would mean Fulham getting FIVE points from Blackburn (h), Arsenal (a), Liverpool (h) and Boro (a) when they have ONE win in 16 games.

It would also mean Wigan and Sheffield United both getting at least two more wins each which is by no means guaranteed given their remaining games.

In the last eight seasons the following number of points would have been enough to keep the 4th bottom side up: 35, 34, 34, 43 (West Ham), 37, 35, 35 and 37.

Of course, I won't turn down the three wins if they are on offer!!!