Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Billericay v Charlton XI

edited August 2014 in General Charlton
Tonight.

Any updates, team news, sightings of Reza, Delort, Garvan, etc here.

Comments

• Options
    Planning on going to this as the ground's just 6 miles or so from me.
    Can't find any details on admission prices, etc though.
    If anyone's going, the ground is down a fairly narrow dead-end lane (Blunts Wall Road) with a pretty small car park. Probably best to try parking on the roads at the top of the lane.
  • Options
    I'm going. Is the ground where it always was - The Mayflower or something like that?
  • Options
    Did we sign the player from them in the end?
  • Options
    Stig said:

I'm going. Is the ground where it always was - The Mayflower or something like that?

Yes, it's next door to the Mayflower Community Hospital but the ground's called "New Lodge".
  • Options
    Garvan? Have I missed something?
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:

Isaac Layne wasn't it?

I seem to remember he signed for someone in a lower league who reported it as "beating the likes of Charlton etc to his signature" or something to make it look like something of a coup.
    I want to say Southend, but I'm not sure.
  • Options

Jdredsox said:

Isaac Layne wasn't it?

I seem to remember he signed for someone in a lower league who reported it as "beating the likes of Charlton etc to his signature" or something to make it look like something of a coup.
    Yeah it was Southend, conformed yesterday I believe, but he was on trial with us and obviously did not do enough to impress,
  • Options
    I am going tonight.
    The ground is is easy to get to and close to the main road from Brentwood to Billericay.
    Turn at the traffic lights (by the Ford garage) into Tye Common Road and the ground is 200 yards along the road (albeit down a narrow lane). Easy to park in in Tye Common Road, or alternativly in the side streets coming off of Tye Common Road.

As cafcfan says admission prices not mentioned.
  • Options
    Garvan??
  • Options

Jdredsox said:

Isaac Layne wasn't it?

He signed for Southend yesterday ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Garvan? Have I missed something?

Garvan??

WTF is Garvan

• Options
    Ex Palarse/Ipswich?
  • Options

Ex Palarse/Ipswich?

with injury problems and a dodgy knee apparently
  • Options
    I know who Owen Garvan is but he hasn't been linked anywhere as far as I can tell - though he has been released by Palace.

TBH I wouldn't mind him as he's only 26 and has always caught the eye
  • Options
    Think he might be training with us at the moment, Ipswich didn't want him.

Good alternative to JJ if he gets injured at all.
  • Options
    Will Darren Purse and Hayden Mullins be playing?
  • Options

Yes.
  • Options
    http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/Owen-Garvan-suffered-patella-injury-Beckenham-win/story-21661436-detail/story.html

He had it last year, he just gets tendonitis in his knee, which is inflammation of the patella," Issott told the Advertiser.

he had it last year and this year, I would say stay well away clear he has a issue there
  • Options
    Three of us going, I'm sure I saw admission at £6 for adults £1 for kids
  • Options

You forgot Julian Gray
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it's 6 quid to get in
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I know who Owen Garvan is but he hasn't been linked anywhere as far as I can tell - though he has been released by Palace.

TBH I wouldn't mind him as he's only 26 and has always caught the eye

I don't think he has been released , but I understand that the Nigels have said he could leave on a free . He has a year left on his contract which would have been enhanced following their promotion to the Prem.

Garvan was excellent at Ipswich and in my view it was noticeable how Palace improved when he was fit during their promotion season. Their bad spell mid season coincided with his injury.
  • Options
    anyone there with team news, updates
  • Options

Garvan??

very highly rated by my Tractor season ticket holder mate & was gutted when he left.
  • Options
    I am surprised Joe Gomez isn't getting a run out as he hasn't had a full game for a while, unless he is going to be in the starting lineup for Saturday
  • Options
    Holkes-Dennis and Jack Honns.

Love these team sheets.
  • Options
    Love how people make stuff up!! Where the hell is Garvan then??
  • Options
    Couldn't find anything from a quick google search for Aaron Ricardo-Daly but there's a bunch of Victor Perez's out there. http://www.footballtop.com/players/victor-perez Highly doubt it's this one but who knows
  • Options
    Currently winning 3-2 having been behind twice.