Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Drains

Need help! My neighbour is complaining about the soakaway between our properties, she is alleging that her patio is being flooded and that our drain is the problem.

I need to get someone to come out and stick a camera down to see if it has collapsed or jet the thing to clear it.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• I hate nuisance neighbours
  • If you share a drain, I think the water broad are responsible for it.
  • Dyno Rod is the most obvious I can think of.
  • Make your insurance company aware in advance, and if they don't get involved be careful of scammers (in which case use someone recommended and not just the first lot in Yellow Pages etc!). If it is shared, and older than the 1930's, it will be the local water board responsibility I think.
  • BDL

I use Quality Drainage Company and have just had some CCTV work done reasonably priced. I highly recommend.

www.qualitydrainage.com

D
  • The water companies are responsible for shared drains, let your neighbour sort it out with them, but is it a drain or a soakaway that neighbour is complaining about?
  • Drainspotters
  • Ive got an ongoing drain problem. We payed for a camera from a small company that was a lot cheaper than Dynarod. They did a good job. I'll post you the deatils when I get home.
  • edited August 2014
    Dynarod are crap , part of British Gas so that says it all.
  • Thanks for all the replies. Spoke to the companies above and both advised that we speak to Southern Water as it is a shared drain, although it is on my side of the boundary fence. I was sceptical, but I took their advice.

Waiting for Southern Water to come back to us. It may be that it should drain into a soakaway and then it's our joint responsibility, she won't like that!!

I'm worried that if it is a soak away, it'll be down to her constant digging deep holes in her back garden to bury the menagerie of animals that pass thru'!

Have a feeling this will drag on :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• BDL said:

Thanks for all the replies. Spoke to the companies above and both advised that we speak to Southern Water as it is a shared drain, although it is on my side of the boundary fence. I was sceptical, but I took their advice.

Waiting for Southern Water to come back to us. It may be that it should drain into a soakaway and then it's our joint responsibility, she won't like that!!

I'm worried that if it is a soak away, it'll be down to her constant digging deep holes in her back garden to bury the menagerie of animals that pass thru'!

Have you seen her husband recently?
  • BDL said:

Thanks for all the replies. Spoke to the companies above and both advised that we speak to Southern Water as it is a shared drain, although it is on my side of the boundary fence. I was sceptical, but I took their advice.

Ha ha, he left years ago!!!! (Before we moved in!)

• BDL said:

Thanks for all the replies. Spoke to the companies above and both advised that we speak to Southern Water as it is a shared drain, although it is on my side of the boundary fence. I was sceptical, but I took their advice/blockquote>

Sceptical or septical?

• BDL said:

BDL said:

Ha ha, he left years ago!!!! (Before we moved in!)

How strange, she sounds such an easy going sort of person just like you BDL :-0
  • If it's a soak away problem, make sure the water board are not charging you to getting rid of you rain water in your bill.

http://www.guttermate.co.uk/soakaway-rebate