Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One Team Always Goes into Freefall!

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
How many times have you heard Lawro etc come out with this cliche? Well I do not rememeber it actually happening since Norwich a good few years ago.
However this year it is happening: Fulham, haven't won in 16 and there is no reason why that should change!

Comments

• Options
    At various times this season Charlton, West Ham, Man City, Wigan and Sheff Utd have been in freefall.
  • Options
    We've hardly been in freefall have we. We've been in the bottom 4 or 5 all season. As have West ham.
  • Options
    Bang on DJDD although I always think of Wimbledon's relegation in 99/00 as the classic example of this.

After 28 games they had 32 points and looked as safe as houses after a 2-1 home win over Leicester. But they then picked up only a solitary point from their last 10 games and finished up on 33 points and relegated behind Bradford on 36 points.

They also sacked their manager (Egil Olsen) and brought in Terry Burton before the end of the season but to no avail.....
  • Options
    That was the only reason Bradford stayed up that year too through Wimbledon being so piss poor
  • Options
    But Foollham have a game against "roll over and rub my tummy" Boro. Thats an easy 3 points in the bag. This will mean we need at least two and a half wins.
  • Options
    It's the time of year when people panic........instead of focussing on one game at a time.

But when you are on a losing run it can be hard to see where your next win is coming from.
    You lose the game in your head before you even play the match.