Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Better than Fantasy Football (shameless promotion)

goalscorerchallenge.co.uk/

Someone I know set this up last season. Very simple concept, each week you pick a goalscorer, the number of goals they score for that game go towards your own tally. Once you've picked a player you cannot pick them again for the rest of the season.

Only Premier League players so the anti PL brigade can disappear.

Free to sign up and you can set your own mini leagues up. There's a Charlton supporter's league as well, at the moment just me in it :-( please come and keep me company.

CAFC mini league password: 5cb78c93

Comments

• Options
    what is the password
    I click join a mini league and it says enter password
  • Options
    Oops, sorry added it to the OP.
  • Options
    I am in
  • Options
    So there's 3 of us in the league now, who else has joined?
  • Options
    This is great. I'll be mainly picking players due to play against Palace each week. I can see this catching on though, I always get bored of Fantasy Football but this seems a lot simpler. Has your mate created an "app" for it?
  • Options
    He used to do it as a spreadsheet sent round by email to a load of people so it has grown really well. The World Cup one was great fun. There was an idea for a paid version this season but he needs a gaming licence to do it and couldn't get it in time.

No app as yet. I will ask if it is in the pipeline.

It's also worth following on Twitter and/or Facebook:

https://twitter.com/GoalscorerC

facebook.com/GoalscorerChallenge

He does quite a lot of updates of team news and top picks as well as deadlines on there.
  • Options
    Midweek bump
  • Options
    4 week in a row for me now

RVP against Latvia
    Costa against West Brom
    Rooney against Hull
    Drogba against Spurs

my issue is I have used
    Enner Valencia
    Saido Berahino
    Danny Welbeck
    Edin Dzeko
    Stevan Jovetic
    Alexis Sanchez
    all in weeks when they have not scored any

Schneiderlin
    Pelle
    Bony
    Sakho
    have all got me 1 but I am running out of top players to use now although still got Aguero in my locker
  • Options
    I have had a shocking season so far, been unlucky with picks and have missed a few weeks. Bonus for me is I have a lot of top players available.

Good to see people are still playing it. Hopefully overall interest is there for the guy to charge subscriptions for next season.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

I have had a shocking season so far, been unlucky with picks and have missed a few weeks. Bonus for me is I have a lot of top players available.

Good to see people are still playing it. Hopefully overall interest is there for the guy to charge subscriptions for next season.

Bit of advice for your mate - people will not pay for this.

I notice he's got over a thousand followers on Twitter - he needs to focus on getting that moving seriously upwards and driving traffic to his website - then focus on getting affiliate revenue share via banner advertising on the site. Sports betting operators are the obvious partners.

It's a good offering and the above approach is probably the best way to monetise it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's not that he was looking to make a profit from it himself. He wanted to be able to charge people in order to up the cash prizes given out, but for that he needed to obtain a gaming licence which obviously costs a fair bit. Haven't asked him in a while what his plans are for it at the moment though.
  • Options
    GoalScorer Challenge ‏@GoalscorerC 2h2 hours ago
    The best current run is by @pcafe90, who has scored in 5 consecutive gameweeks.

4 people on 4 in a row inc. @devilrules_jl & @major_coop.
  • Options
    after 5 week correct in a row, I decided to go for Hazard last week, deadline was 2:45 at 2:40 I changed my mind to Benteke
    how stupid did I look 25 minutes later when Hazard scored.

Back to getting a goalscorer this week tho thanks to Silva takes me to 10 for the season now

• Options
    just won £5 for being joint highest goalscorer in December

also up to 8 out of the last 9 weeks in a row now
  • Options

just won £5 for being joint highest goalscorer in December

also up to 8 out of the last 9 weeks in a row now

That's brilliant. You should start a new thread, just in case, not everyone reads this.