Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

IT RETURNS*******PLAYERS MARKS AND THE STATBANK*******

With the start of new season I shall be asking those who watch a match to give us your marks for each player, I then publish the average mark for each player and name a Man of the Match, this is then fed into the Statbank which will also include a lot of other statistical information about the match and the season with some new stats for this season, it works like this:

After the match I'll put up a thread entitled "Players Marks" with a list of Charlton players who participated in the game. I would ask that you then give your marks between 0-10, halves allowed, for each player who completed at least 30 minutes in the game. If a player did not complete the 30 minute "n/a" will be placed against their name, you can still mark then if you wish but it will not be included in the stats. Please copy the list of names in the same order as I have it, as it makes it much easier for me when processing the marks.

Usually I leave the thread up until about midday on the Monday and then publish the results later on Monday or Tuesday, if it is a midweek game a similar time frame is used.

Cup competitions stats are kept separate from the Championship.

There is often discussion on how to mark a player and it is up to you as to how you do it, there is no right or wrong method.

Some Lifers also include remarks about the performance of each player which is very helpful to those who were not at the match, but it is not compulsory.

The Statbank information will grow as the season progresses. After 10 matches there is enough data to compile some comprehensive stats.

Comments

• Options
    A brilliant part of this great website. Im glad it is being continued. Thanks LL
  • Options
    excellent
    (although think the 30 minute rule could be 25 :-)
  • Options
    Are 1s and 2s allowed this year because apparently they weren't last year?
  • Options

as your statement doesn't have a smiley thing I assume your question is serious and the answer is as I have said:

"give your marks between 0-10, halves allowed."

same as it has been since I've been doing the stats which I think is 4 years.
  • Options

They have to be allowed for at least as long as Simon Church remains in our squad.
  • Options
    i thought simon church was the kit man
  • Options
    Salad said:

excellent

To be honest, a player could come on with 10 minutes to go, score a brace and turn the game around and not qualify for a mark. So you could question any time qualification.
  • Options
    Stone said:

Salad said:

excellent

To be honest, Simon Church could come on with 10 minutes to go, score a brace and turn the game around and not qualify for a mark. So you could question any time qualification.
    fixed it for you, more realistic as he is the only player who could do that
  • Options
    Nice one Lancs, well done for volunteering , it's the 1st thing I look for when I can't make it to a game, if we're heavily beat, sometimes it's the last! :-0
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2014
    Should be a flying start for the stat bank with the game vs Brentford being shown on a live feed.