Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford v Charlton, Milk Cup 1983

Found the programme in the Bejams bag under the bed.

Hurlock playing for Bees

Comments

• Options
    Anyone born in the mid eighties onwards probably won't have a clue who Bejams are! Never mind the programme boss the bag must be worth a bob or two :-) Surprise, surprise animal Hurlock went onto play for Reading and then the Spanners after his spell with the bees ended in 1986.
  • Options
    Who the fudge are the bejams?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

They're in most High Streets, food retailers, think Reykjavik :-)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

The Iceland of the 80's
  • Options
    Terry bullivant played for us as well I'm sure
  • Options
    Terry Bullivant playing for the bees. He gave me and my mate a lift in his Nissan cherry from the training ground to the valley after they switched a training session at the last minute. It was just after we had signed simonsen and we'd bunked off to watch them and get a few bits signed.
  • Options
    Like Iceland Daz

• Options

Terry bullivant played for us as well I'm sure

He did 82/83 then went via Reading to Brentford in 1983.
  • Options
    I remember going to a friendly at Brentford years ago (like 1970s) and losing - 3-0, I think. The Fullers pub at Kew saved the day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Ha Ha, I just love coincidences. In relation to the, my chest freezer is broken thread, I started today. I subsequently looked at the make & guess what it's Bejams ! Unbelieveable Gary.

Icelands bought out Bejams in 1989.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bejam
  • Options
    Terry Hurlock was a very good player, we need someone like him now, win every tackle and pass to a teammate, score a goal or two
  • Options

Why did Brentford only have 11 players on the back of their programme ? Surely they had more players than that in their squad ? Or did they know what the line up was going to be a few days before so they could print it in time ?

So many questions.

Oh - did we win ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Why did Brentford only have 11 players on the back of their programme ? Surely they had more players than that in their squad ? Or did they know what the line up was going to be a few days before so they could print it in time ?

So many questions.

Oh - did we win ?
    Ŵas played over two legs in those days, lost 3-0 away and beat them 2-1 at home Aizllewood and C Jones the scorers.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

So many questions.

Oh - did we win ?
    In those days programmes only printed the expected/guessed 11 to play, then leave blank the substitutes