Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Gold - what is it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Have a couple of people from the facebook page crept in?
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

The 3 month delay only applies if you pay by monthly installments.

Does that mean you can pay on annual basis or one-off?
    Yes, I pay annually.
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

The 3 month delay only applies if you pay by monthly installments.

Does that mean you can pay on annual basis or one-off?
    Yes, I pay annually.
    You can do it quarterly too.
  • Options
    Thanks Rikofold, i think i would like to partake.
  • Options
    I have just renewed mine.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

As no-one's actually answered the question...

Valley Gold was established back in the days when we played at Selhurst Park, and the money raised went towards getting back to the Valley. Since 1992 the money has instead gone towards the Academy, and has contributed some significant sums over the years.

A member used to get discounts at various retail outlets, ticket priority, an entry into a prize draw and a good feeling of a stake holding in the return. Now the latter is a good feeling of a stake in the Academy and apart from a few club discounts I don't think the first applies any more. You also get a quarterly (I think) newsletter.

Its significance is probably in decline given the owner's ability to invest, but I think it still represents a valued stake in the Academy for supporters, if you have a spare tenner a month.

Rikofold

You forgot the perk of having an Academy player for 1 day per season to be your slave ; to obey your every wish.

Oops, sorry ! Must NOT share my fantasies with others !

:-)

• Options
    It's where you chip in for then to paint the stairs a golden colour
  • Options

Have a couple of people from the facebook page crept in?

Wanna have a fight about? Meet me in the East Stand concourse on Tuesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rikofold said:

As no-one's actually answered the question...

Valley Gold was established back in the days when we played at Selhurst Park, and the money raised went towards getting back to the Valley. Since 1992 the money has instead gone towards the Academy, and has contributed some significant sums over the years.

A member used to get discounts at various retail outlets, ticket priority, an entry into a prize draw and a good feeling of a stake holding in the return. Now the latter is a good feeling of a stake in the Academy and apart from a few club discounts I don't think the first applies any more. You also get a quarterly (I think) newsletter.

Its significance is probably in decline given the owner's ability to invest, but I think it still represents a valued stake in the Academy for supporters, if you have a spare tenner a month.

Just a couple of additional points - it has around 2,000 members and raises in excess of £100K per annum after prizes and administration.

Given M.Duchatelet's wealth and the fact that academy funding is excempt from FFP one can argue that it is less significant. But it is the single largest collective activity of Charlton fans and there is no reason why Valley Gold can't be used for something else like supporting a transfer fund where costs do count under FFP.

The supporters Trust did some work promoting Valley Gold last season and supplied several hundred email addresses of interested fans. We estimated that c.75% of Valley Gold members are either members of or subscribers to the supporters Trust.

Both organisations are independent of the club and support the long term sustainability of CAFC with a view to helping out if there was a real crisis.

• Options
    The only reason I'm in Valley Gold is to guarantee an away ticket when I require one. If that option was taken away I would not bother.
  • Options
    Pretty sure you get money off your club shop purchases and Season ticket still
  • Options
    Is the membership a year from the date you join, or season to season?
  • Options

Is the membership a year from the date you join, or season to season?

From the date you join
  • Options
    Cheers.