Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grading Charlton's transfer activity to date

I'd give it 7 out of 10 I think (we are still a couple of players short IMHO).

If Delort signs it goes up to an 8.

Comments

• Options
    If church goes?
  • Options
    Agree with you afka. Am excited but also haven't got too high expectations. Will wait and see!
  • Options
    I agree @AFKABartram‌. Somewhere between 2 and 8 (if I had to put my head on the block)
  • Options
    Are u avin a f*******g larf?
  • Options
    A Football Manager '6'.
  • Options
    Ask in 6 weeks.
  • Options
    Hard to tell because I have never heard of one of our signings. We will see.
  • Options
    I'm a little bit excited as probably for the first time since we signed Wright-Phillips we have signed someone I've heard of in Tal Ben Haim. Will have to reserve judgement on all the rest in case they turn out to be as disappointing as January's signings.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Huskaris said:

Hard to tell because I have never heard of one of our signings. We will see.

I know where you are coming from figuratively speaking but as well as TBH what about Bikey, apart from last season in Greece he's been around in English football since 2006 :-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They must be good if their reported fees of €2-3m are true but if we signed them for free or €200-300k then they're pony

*cough* Polish Pete #emperorsnewclothes
  • Options
    Somewhere between P50 and P60. Medium to coarse.
  • Options
    7-8 (If Delort signs) and it all goes to plan
  • Options
    I have no idea who any of them are before we bought them and I've only seen them play in friendlies. Ridiculous question!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well we can't give a score for the players, but if we are looking purely at the amount of new faces, costs involved then I would say 8
  • Options
    People surprise me when they say they've never seen them play , everyone that was at the valley last season against Ipswich would of seen Henderson , everyone must of seen bikey and Ben Haim play a few times atleast as they have both played premier league football within the last 5 years , and moussa has played in England at various levels.
  • Options

Well we can't give a score for the players, but if we are looking purely at the amount of new faces, costs involved then I would say 8

Yes! Thank you All_Thaid_Up. That is what I actually meant (should have explained myself better).

How happy are we with the amount of transfer activity this season to date? How about the strategy? (looking abroad, a mix of young players and old pros like TBH)? Do we feel we have enough cover in all positions or are we still short? Should we have perhaps pursued other UK based targets more thoroughly such as O'Grady?

An overall score please.
  • Options
    It is why the title of this thread is grading Charlton's transfer "activity" and not grading Charlton's "new signings". :-)
  • Options
    I'd give it an 8 so far but we don't know how they're going to play yet but I really believe vetokele is going to be a special player for us , one more winger and Delort and I could give it a 9.
  • Options
    SEVERN!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not being funny, but how can you properly rate it until you've seen the players play a few games and settle down ?

As it is, the same people who were excited when we signed Reza, PP and Nego will be excited, and the same people who were cautious will be, err cautious !

Indeed.

I was mostly excited for the signings of Cedric Evina and Mikel Alonso 3 years ago...
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Not being funny, but how can you properly rate it until you've seen the players play a few games and settle down ?

As it is, the same people who were excited when we signed Reza, PP and Nego will be excited, and the same people who were cautious will be, err cautious !

Indeed.

I was mostly excited for the signings of Cedric Evina and Mikel Alonso 3 years ago...
    Read my comment at 11:06 Dave2I
  • Options
    Wait till Christmas, then judge.
  • Options
    Have to admit i am exicted about the potential of our signings. Vetokele, Gudmunden, Moussa and Tucudean sound like good attacking options. Bueyen sounds useful and Bikey and Ben Haim have reputations as good defenders.
  • Options

Dave2l said:

Indeed.

Read my comment at 11:06 Dave2I
    Fair enough for "transfer activity", but other than pre season squad playing together, its still too early to judge, but following by what you mean, I go for an instictive 7.5/10