Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time to do our bit

edited August 2014 in General Charlton
With the exception of the league one champions year, the last few seasons have generally been dire, with only sporadic moments of joy to lighten the gloom. Not surprising then, that attendances have been unimpressive and the atmosphere generally flat.

I don’t think that, now, anyone can seriously argue that the new owner and Katrien haven’t done their bit, in terms of investment in the infrastructure and playing staff - so now it really is time for us, the fans, to do our bit. So:

- when it’s a match day, the weather is beautiful and the barbecue beckons….

- when it’s freezing cold and you really don’t fancy getting your nuts frozen off….

- when the games is on tv and you are tempted to give the travel a swerve….

- when the other half really wants you to go christmas shopping instead….

- when it’s an evening game and it’s hassle getting there from work…..

- when it’s Millwall at home and you just know it’s going to be unpleasant mixing with our neanderthal neighbours

Don’t do it! Resist the temptation and get down to the Valley come what may.

And if, like me, for whatever reason you generally don’t go to away games, shake things up a bit. Make a point of going to at least 3 away games this season and at least the one or two nearest where you live.

And, when we are at the games, no matter whether you are a noisy Covered Ender, one of the new A Block Massive, a tartan ensconced West Stander or a Bovril drinking East Stander - don’t wait for BDL to give his customary exhortation - let’s make the place rock more often this season!

The board deserve it, Big Bob and the new lads will benefit from it - and we the fans sure as hell will enjoy it a lot more if the place is buzzing.

Time to do our bit, COME ON YOU ADDICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Buy me a couple of pints before each game and i will be as loud as you want
  • Well said! Living in Denmark its not easy to catch so many games but I hope to make it to my usual 5-6 this season.

COYR!
  • Shhhhh.... Dont wake the Bovril drinking East Stander here please!!

• GOODBYE HORSE GOODBYE HORSE SAYINNG GOODBYE TO HORSE
    AAAAAAAAAAAND
    AS HE WAS SAYING GOODBYE TO HIS HORSE
    SAAAAAAAAAAAYING GOOD BYE TO HIS HORSE
    GOODBYE HORSE GOODBYE HORSE
  • Agreed it is time to show these new owners we are Charlton!!! a premiership club with a massive LOUD support!

Can't wait for the first match! Wish I was going to Brentford :( will be tuned in on Charlton player though!
  • Well said op. Hope I can get to more games this year than I plan.

I'm still sitting on the fence about this season but I'm hoping big bob smashes me off it.

COME ON YOU REDS.
  • Good post. Am hoping to make it to more away games this year. Got 8 in last year and want to get to at least 12-15 this year.

Would be nice to see our atmosphere at home and our away attendances improve.

COYR
  • Can't I just watch it at home instead, seems like a lot of effort
  • Paddy7 said:

Good post; not unrealistic. And on those occasions where we do have a good away support (like Saturday), can we PLEASE be patient. Boos should be reserved for abject passionless performances, not good battles where we come off second best. Let's hope they merit a standing ovation at the end, regardless of the result.

Anyone who boos this new team on the first day of the season should be taken out and hanged from the nearest pub of which there are 4 at Brentford ;)

• Sponsored links:

• Looking forward to the support being loud and proud tomorrow, especially as I am in Brentford end with local mates COYR
  • Give it your all tomorrow lads, and enjoy your day out.
  • The only times I don't generally go (home & away) is if it is an away game of more than 2 hrs journey ( so no Leeds, Sheffield or N/W games) or its away live on TV. ALWAYS go to home games and usually do 6-8 away gams per season (London & Midlands teams).

Will be there tomorrow &n really up for it.

Coyr
  • Living in Leeds I'm hoping to go to as many way games up north as possible. 15 is my target. Will be 14 by tomorrow night. Words cannot describe how f#%&#ing buzzing I am for tomorrow!!!! C O Y R !!!

WE R GOING UP !!!!!!

(btw pre drinks for tomorrow have already started hence my optimism ;-) )

• And also let's make an effort the cup - this new team needs game time and wins to gel...assuming we beat Colchester the 2nd round will be soon enough...seeded or not, we need to move forwards...will always remember QPR and West Ham as a kid in the 70s and we have a chance of a decent tie or a path to later rounds.