Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien

2»

Comments

• Options
    With what ambitions in the end? Mount Premier League ?

"It's not realistic in the short term, it's more a dream. There are only three places to 24 contenders. Objective is rather to become a stable club championship" says Katrien Meire. "With our budget, it's a miracle if you finish in the top twelve. But we know that this is not because we have a smaller budget we can not do great things. Given the results were good early in the season, we wondered at the end of the transfer window if they are not going to do things beyond our budget, to strengthen the team and aim higher. But we preferred to wait for January make the point. "

Told us what we should of already known. To be a stable club first, make the academy even stronger, and see where we are in Jan. If we can stay in the top half of table, and stop losing at home (good so far) this will help in getting the fair weather fans back.
  • Options
    Surely this is the CASC interview distributed at the last home game
  • Options
    I don't know, Katrien doing all these interviews. She'll be on Graham Norton next (the show not him personally, obviously)
    Has she got a book to sell?
  • Options
    Makes me laugh when I hear "our budget is much smaller than theirs" or "we've got one of the smallest budgets in the league"
    How does anyone really know?
    Players get signed for undisclosed fees on undisclosed wages 95% of the time!
    Why keep it a secret if you want everyone to think you are towards the bottom of the pile?
  • Options

Makes me laugh when I hear "our budget is much smaller than theirs" or "we've got one of the smallest budgets in the league"
    Why keep it a secret if you want everyone to think you are towards the bottom of the pile?

Surely, the clubs have to submit their accounts to the FL by December ?
  • Options
    I miss @MSE7
  • Options

Definitely smaller than the clubs with parachute payments. Then you imagine the likes of Forest and Derby would have decent budgets. Brighton too. So we're definitely in the bottom half when it comes to spending
  • Options

Definitely smaller than the clubs with parachute payments. Then you imagine the likes of Forest and Derby would have decent budgets. Brighton too. So we're definitely in the bottom half when it comes to spending
    Wolves also still on parachute payment.
  • Options
    The bit I like is that Katrien reiterates physical redevelopment and improvement at Sparrows Lane near the end of the interview.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic = Buisness

Buisness = Aims to make profits

How are profits achieved?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone wondering about Championship finances? I ran the graphs up on the link below - The data was researched by a guy known as Swiss Ramble who runs a blog on all things Arsenal and football finance. There is no split between football player salaries and the rest of the club but the revenue, losses and costs show who is doing what... It's easy to see which clubs will struggle to comply with FFP.

http://castrust.org/2014/04/review-championship-finances-2013/

Basically you can have a crack at the top six with a budget slightly larger than CAFC - Burnley, Palace, Watford and Derby have all succeeded on total costs of about £20-22M whereas CAFC spends around £17M.

How are profits achieved? Two ways in football - sell players to a value exceeding your losses or get promoted to the Premier League once in a while. And when you are building for a promotion challenge keep your costs down, reduce numbers of everything to keep things simple and focussed.

Becoming a stable club in the top half of the Championship - excellent first step - no pressure on coach or new players just yet although some are clearly aiming higher.

Interviews and announcements like this come from a position of strength...interesting that they were talking to 25 players over the summer, ten landed and that it was very hard to convince players until Vetokele and Buyens landed.

Hopefully we are already planning for who we are going to land in January. I expect that more players will be interested in coming to Charlton now that we have a decent pitch, a winning team and that Martin Samuels has been proved so hopelessly wrong about M. Duchatelet and our club!
  • Options
    i agree, attractive, charming, even sexy lady - as i can see on YouTube. But does this not influence your impression? Imagine she were old and ugly. Would you still consider her to be ideal for Charlton Athletic?
  • Options

i agree, attractive, charming, even sexy lady - as i can see on YouTube. But does this not influence your impression? Imagine she were old and ugly. Would you still consider her to be ideal for Charlton Athletic?

No. More Millwall.