Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Motorcycle parking

Hi all just a quick question.

I'm looking to take my motorcycle to the game tomorrow night and was wondering if there is any specific parking for motorcycles in or around the ground. As some of you may know there is a problem with motorcycles being stolen so I would rather not leave it in a unsecure place. Any help would be appreciated.
COYR

Comments

• Options
    There is some bloke who parks his bike in the West Stand car park but I don't know whether he is staff, pays on the day or has a parking season ticket. (Or if it's free - yeah right!) Ask the ticket office maybe?
  • Options
    We always used to park just down from Harvey Gardens on the street with a disc lock; always seemed alright.

A couple of grounds I've been to other the last few years (Carlisle & Hartlepool) have been funny about letting me in with a helmet (i think in case I whacked someone). Never been an issue at Charlton though; and I doubt it would be tomorrow night especially.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

There is some bloke who parks his bike in the West Stand car park but I don't know whether he is staff, pays on the day or has a parking season ticket. (Or if it's free - yeah right!) Ask the ticket office maybe?

Might have to ring then. Don't want to get all the way down there then have to go home due to no parking!
  • Options
    @bakchat What did you do in the end? I have my bike at work so need to drop it home before the game or risk leaving it somewhere.
  • Options
    You can park your motorbike next to the gate at the far end of the east stand in Lansdowne Mews...there are about 5 bikes there, never a problem...have left mine there numerous times...used to be free motorbike parking where they built the house there...
  • Options
    I can't believe I didn't post something along the lines of finding somewhere to accomodate your chopper when this thread was first opened.
  • Options
    My dad parks his bike either on Landsdowne Mews in the designated motorcycle parking bay or on the street on Charlton Lane, near Harvey Gardens, and will be again tonight! The latter is better if you need to get away quick as the stewards stop you getting out of Landsdowne Mews straight after the game for 15/20 minutes or so. He's never had any problems before.
  • Options
    Anywhere these days that's relatively safe? Given that someone on here had a car nicked during a game, I'm a bit scared of leaving a bike outside tomorrow. Has Lansdown Mews still got places to chain a back wheel up? Cheers 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Anywhere these days that's relatively safe? Given that someone on here had a car nicked during a game, I'm a bit scared of leaving a bike outside tomorrow. Has Lansdown Mews still got places to chain a back wheel up? Cheers 
    Bung a steward a drink and see if he will let you park it behind the West Stand, you will not be taking any room up with a motor bike
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedPanda said:
    Bung a steward a drink and see if he will let you park it behind the West Stand, you will not be taking any room up with a motor bike
    It's the sidecar that's the problem.
  • Options
    I always parked in Charlton Lane as close to Harvey Gardens as possible. My logic is that away fans will go the other way and there are always stewards/Police at that junction, at least before the match and I hope during as well to stop traffic entering Harvey Gardens.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    RedPanda said:
    It's the sidecar that's the problem.
    I’m not so sure! 

• Options
    Harvey Gardens......Sam Bartram entrance. Has metal railings along one side for 100 yards or so. I've seen cars parked alongside it so you should be able to park your bike & chain it up.
  • Options

I was interested in coming on my bike tomorrow, so I emailed the club this morning about parking. I got the response below. I think it's fair to say that motorbike parking is pretty far down the club's list of priorities.  Now, where's that inclusion and diversity questionnaire?

-------------------------------

I received your query regarding parking on matchdays.  I do have availability for the season, There is no motorcycle parking so you will get a full car parking space the same as a car. 😊

It is £600 for the season however there is 19 games remaining (its too late for tomorrow now unfortunately)

600 / 23 = 26.0

26.0 * 19 = 494

Total for remaining 19 games starting from Portsmouth - £494.00

You can pop me a call should you wish to do this.

• Options
    Stig said:

I was interested in coming on my bike tomorrow, so I emailed the club this morning about parking. I got the response below. I think it's fair to say that motorbike parking is pretty far down the club's list of priorities.  Now, where's that inclusion and diversity questionnaire?

I received your query regarding parking on matchdays.  I do have availability for the season, There is no motorcycle parking so you will get a full car parking space the same as a car. 😊

It is £600 for the season however there is 19 games remaining (its too late for tomorrow now unfortunately)

600 / 23 = 26.0

26.0 * 19 = 494

Now if you were to use the one space for two or three motorcycles...

£494 could become £164.66 which is just £8.66 per game...

Wait even that's shit for a few hours! 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Stig said:

600 / 23 = 26.0

26.0 * 19 = 494

Poor maths from the Club.

(19/23) x £600 = £495.65

You're (almost) quids in.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Stig said:

600 / 23 = 26.0

26.0 * 19 = 494

Now if you were to use the one space for two or three motorcycles...

£494 could become £164.66 which is just £8.66 per game...

Wait even that's shit for a few hours! 
    I used to regularly park my bike in The Valley after our return as I gave a huge amount of my time free of charge to the cause, including match day stuff on occasions. 

At the start of a new season, I was told there was no motorcycle parking at The Valley. I later made a phone call to the club and was happy to pay a small fee.

I wasn't getting anywhere and then somebody who I believe is on here, who knew the work I did and we used to collaborate in cafc voluntary work, snapped down the phone that I could buy a car space for £400.

I wasn't getting stroppy, I just couldn't get an answer why I couldn't stick it in a corner like always. I can't bring myself to talk to that person since then, it seemed personal at the time.