Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yannis Salibur

Reading the Sun this morning and it says the following:

Charlton face competition from Brentford to snap up £850,000 rated Clermont winger Yannis Salibur, 23.

Anyone heard of him? Is he any good?

Comments

• Options
    This has been in the rumours thread since Saturday . I am surprised we are after him because he is a left footed winger and we already have Gudmunsson and Harriott.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

This has been in the rumours thread since Saturday . I am surprised we are after him because he is a left footed winger and we already have Gudmunsson and Harriott.

Gudmondsson prefers to play on the right

Harriott is......erm......erratic.

This guy looks pretty decent to be fair - another player comfortable running with the ball and direct.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Swisdom said:

Richard J said:

Gudmondsson prefers to play on the right

Harriott is......erm......erratic.

This guy looks pretty decent to be fair - another player comfortable running with the ball and direct.

I just think for the sake of squad balance we need a right footed winger .

Gudmunsson was effective Saturday but very one footed in my view playing as an inverted ( not his natural side) winger .He became predictable cutting inside all of the time, although Solly overlaping did compensate for this particularly in the second half . It would be nice to have a right footed player to balance this out . They could then switch to their natural side if they were not getting any joy. Maybe Moussa , Nego or Wilson might provide this option .

Its Unusual because I am normally the first to talk the need to have more left footers in the squad because we look more effective and less predictable with a good mixture of both types.
  • Options
    It does make me laugh when people ask why we'd want a player for a certain position, when we've already got someone who can play there, only to start ranting at the manager 2 months later when the player is injured/out of form, blaming the manager for not having enough depth in the squad.............
  • Options
    *Exclusive.........
  • Options
    hold on his Dad has just tweeted on his instagram / Facebook -----------------------it says Its all bollox------------------no hold on its on WkipedeBollox-----------yep says the same its bollox-----------------no hold on its all over the Interweb , yep itsays its bollox.

However i wasnt walking past the ground today and didnt see him walking in wit Rd so it might be kosher------or bollox
  • Options
    Cheers Colin
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    If Gudmonsson is left footed why doesn't Peeters play him on the left with Wilson on the right?
  • Options
    looks like Gudmondsson is prepared to cut in and shoot with his left but he doesn't look too pacey to me so maybe beating a man and crossing on his left is beyond him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just seen the you tube vid - this chap seems to be out on the right a lot - maybe that's his preferred position? looks pretty useful, fast, direct and decent from set pieces...rock on
  • Options

hold on his Dad has just tweeted on his instagram / Facebook -----------------------it says Its all bollox------------------no hold on its on WkipedeBollox-----------yep says the same its bollox-----------------no hold on its all over the Interweb , yep itsays its bollox.

However i wasnt walking past the ground today and didnt see him walking in wit Rd so it might be kosher------or bollox

What is the interweb ?
  • Options
    This. Fella is incredible, I can't wait to see him doing his party tricks at the valley.
  • Options
    Ketts who has a good track record on these things seems to think he has turned down a move to us.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201408&date=20140818&time=0638
  • Options
    If true then, we move on, if he don't want to play for us, we don't want him to play for us
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Hang on, i'll ask my Clermont supporting mate.

Alastair, what's Salibur like?
  • Options

If true then, we move on, if he don't want to play for us, we don't want him to play for us

This. And i'm sure Bob would say the same thing, only possibly sounding a bit more menacing ;)