Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK - Brentford 1-1 Charlton

Many thanks to the 103 Lifers who gave marks, of whom 41 said that they watched the game via an internet feed, the results are as follows:

Vetokele------------ 8.05 MoM
Bikey----------------- 7.34
Henderson------------ 7.18
Solly----------------- 6.97
Gudmundsson--------- 6.88
Cousins--------------- 6.74
Ben Haim-------------- 6.49
Wiggins----------------6.35
Buyens---------------- 6.18
Tucudean-------------- 5.96
Jackson---------------- 5.93
Harriott---------------- 5.89
Team----6.66

This season I am taking the stats from the OPTA stats rather than from the Football League which I have found lacking in previous years. I am therefore able to include some different sets of information which include:
Pass Accuracy
Shot accuracy
In defensive: Interceptions, Blocks and Clearances.

I am also including the OPTA Player Performance Score which is a measure of a player’s ability to positively influence a game of football. The more positive influence he has on the ball, the higher his Performance Score. The more negative influence, the lower his performance score. The Performance Score is an advanced algorithm that takes every recorded on-ball action on the football pitch, evaluates its outcome, pitch co-ordinates, playing position of the player and the preceding event.

Stats are here: "https://us.v-cdn.net/5000498/uploads/FileUpload/0a/af4cb9d6dcbac59f76842abc3475c2.pdf" />

Comments

• Options
    Be interesting to see the difference in the opta stats and the lifer's ratings. Good stuff Lancs as ever!
  • Options
    Thanks Lancs.

I do notice though that Vetokele had 4 shots with 100% accuracy and Tucudean had 2 shots with 50% accuracy which indicates a total of 5 on target, however on the team stats it only shows as 4 shots on target.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Thanks Lancs.

I do notice though that Vetokele had 4 shots with 100% accuracy and Tucudean had 2 shots with 50% accuracy which indicates a total of 5 on target, however on the team stats it only shows as 4 shots on target.

thanks Onelung, I have altered my copy.
  • Options
    Great stats. I didn't notice from my intermittent internet feed, but was Henderson's distribution really that bad? I thought he played well, but only 14% retention of possession is shocking.
  • Options
    It was very, very poor first half which led to Brentford running the shaw for the first half hour.
  • Options
    According to Opta stats, Cousins was our "worst" player ?

If the stats are right, the stats are shite :-)
  • Options

According to Opta stats, Cousins was our "worst" player ?

If the stats are right, the stats are shite :-)

not quite right as Tucudean was -16, according to OPTA Cousins score was made up as follows
    Defence:0
    Attack:10
    Possession:-21
    which makes -11although they scored him at -10 ???

but as they say stats can prove anything :)
  • Options
    Thanks LL; great to see such a hard-working forward with a 100% accurate strike rate.
  • Options
    Brilliant debut score for Vetokele
  • Options
    highest scoring debut?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FL Paper player ratings were as follows:

Henderson 6
    Solly 7
    Ben Haim 6
    Bikey 7
    Wiggins 7
    Gudmundsson 6
    Buyens 5
    Jackson 6
    Cousins 6
    Tucudean 5
    Vetokele 8

Harriott 4
    Fox N/A
    Moussa N/A
  • Options
    Salad said:

highest scoring debut?

you give me the debutants and I'll give you the scores across the previous 3 years
  • Options
    Thanks, LL. The Opta scores seem to suggest JJ is being unfairly picked on...though I am at a loss to understand Cousins' Opta ranking.
  • Options
    And did we really only get three free kicks all match?
  • Options
    I also don't get the low marking of Jacko.

Once more he came up trumps Saturday, it was his peach of a corner which led to our goal . Surely that must have been worth something when scoring him. That is why I gave him an extra mark to 7.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I also don't get the low marking of Jacko.

Once more he came up trumps Saturday, it was his peach of a corner which led to our goal . Surely that must have been worth something when scoring him. That is why I gave him an extra mark to 7.

I just feel like, as I did a number of times last season, the game seems to pass him by and he's no longer imposing himself on matches. I'm not sure we can afford to carry him, particularly when it means playing Cousins out of position.
  • Options
    71% passing accuracy for Jackson plus an assist. Don't write him off.
  • Options
    danny777 said:

Great stats. I didn't notice from my intermittent internet feed, but was Henderson's distribution really that bad? I thought he played well, but only 14% retention of possession is shocking.

Yes, he kicked every time in the first half and virtually every time it went off or straight to a Brentford player. It was like watching Bob Bolder.

Second half he was better, rolling out to defenders a few times but still not great.

• Options

71% passing accuracy for Jackson plus an assist.

That's pretty poor passing accuracy really! you want to be at least in the 80's that allows one in five passes to be misplaced!

• Options

I am also including the OPTA Player Performance Score which is a measure of a player’s ability to positively influence a game of football. The more positive influence he has on the ball, the higher his Performance Score. The more negative influence, the lower his performance score. The Performance Score is an advanced algorithm that takes every recorded on-ball action on the football pitch, evaluates its outcome, pitch co-ordinates, playing position of the player and the preceding event.

How does this OPTA thing work then what is the highest vs lowest score possible?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

71% passing accuracy for Jackson plus an assist.

That's pretty poor passing accuracy really! you want to be at least in the 80's that allows one in five passes to be misplaced!

I agree, it is, but i think it was one of the highest in the team.
  • Options

How does this OPTA thing work then what is the highest vs lowest score possible?

I don't think there is an actual max or min, from last weekend's games the highest and lowest were:

Mark Beevers (Millwall) Defence: 33, Attack 45, Possession -1, Total 77
    Tom Cairney (Blackburn) Defence: 2, Attack 51, Possession 25, Total77
    Alex Smithies (Hudds) Defence-90, Attack 0, Possession -5 Total -95

Smithies is a goalie and it seems rather unfair on the custodian as they rarely get marks for attack.

In future weeks I might put in the highest and lowest in the Championship as it gives us a yardstick as to how our players performed. This is all new to me and I'm feeling my way with it but there is a lot of useful stuff that I can include if people want it and if I have the time
  • Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    Great work as ever Lancs. I've just got a few questions about the (OPTA?) terminology used.

Intercept: Defensive interceptions: Is this a grand term for a tackle?

Block : Defensive blocks: Does this mean blocking direct shots or does it extend to the blocking of passes.

Clear : Defensive clearances!: Hoofing it away/out?