Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle V Derby

the first game of the Capital One Cup is live on Sky Sports 1 ATM, considering they are playing a league 2 team I am surprised that derby only made 2 changes to their starting line up

Still 0-0 after 30 minutes

Comments

• Options
    Did Derby play on Saturday ?
  • Options
    Derby should win. Already had a few decent chances and fluffed them
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Did Derby play on Saturday ?

yeah beat Rotherham 1-0
  • Options

the first game of the Capital One Cup is live on Sky Sports 1 ATM, considering they are playing a league 2 team I am surprised that derby only made 2 changes to their starting line up

I'm not, it's the first week of the season and players aren't tired, gives them more time to gel. We should be doing the same imo.
  • Options
    Some great saves from the Carlisle Goalkeeper... Is it just me or is anyone else having a lovely walk down memory lane seeing the Away end up there?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Talal said:

I'm not, it's the first week of the season and players aren't tired, gives them more time to gel. We should be doing the same imo.
    The opposite. It's the first week of the season and a large percentage won't be 100% match fit, 2 games in 1 week is a big gamble on fatiguing players for next Saturday.

I hope we only start 4 or 5 max of the 11 that started against Brentford (preferably Bikey/Henderson/Tucadean and maybe 1 or 2 others).
  • Options
    Derby playing with three in central midfield as they did last season. 4-5-1 formation. I hope Big Bob doesn't try to play 2 v 3 in the Central areas as CP & Riga did at varying times. 3v3 is the only way to go. The Derby midfield is too good to allow them a man advantage.
    If you can stop their midfield breaking forward, it's possible to get at their Back Four and isolate them as individuals. Both full backs get forward and leave space in behind to counter attack into.
    Bikey & Ben Haim proved to be a strong partnership on Saturday. One of Derby's strengths last season was at set plays. We have enough aerial power to deal with Buxton & Keogh.

• Options
    edited August 2014

Some great saves from the Carlisle Goalkeeper... Is it just me or is anyone else having a lovely walk down memory lane seeing the Away end up there?

dont you mean the away siding ? First time i've ever been to an away game and the stand doesnt look out directly onto the pitch.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I am lol what a great day that was, and then the announcement at the end of the game, "this is an announcement to all Charlton fans the players will not be coming back out"

So cries of BRING OUT THE CHAMPIONS started
  • Options
    Jaddick said:

Talal said:

The opposite. It's the first week of the season and a large percentage won't be 100% match fit, 2 games in 1 week is a big gamble on fatiguing players for next Saturday.

I hope we only start 4 or 5 max of the 11 that started against Brentford (preferably Bikey/Henderson/Tucadean and maybe 1 or 2 others).
    Ah well, worked for Derby. Let's hope Pigott and Church fire us into the next round.