Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Free tickets for family and friends....Unless Season Ticket Holder?!?

edited August 2014 in General Charlton
Just read this on the site that if you have NOT renewed your season ticket BUT have purchased a ticket for Saturday they are sending you a free ticket to take someone to the match.

What about the people who have purchased a season ticket? Surely they should be sent a ticket to bring someone to get more fans.

Comments

• Options
    If it helps our club, I don't mind them giving out free tickets.
  • Options
    reading that article
    Fans who have not renewed get a free ticket
    fans who have just bought a ticket for that game get a free ticket
    season ticket holders get nothing

THANKS
  • Options
    Dont want to appear moany myself as dont get a Season Ticket each year for the freebies etc... would be nice to get something ourselves though, seems like it'll just be a thank you this year
  • Options
    I renewed early when I really didn't have the cash to do it, well worth it
  • Options
    That is a great reward for buying a season ticket, thanks so much Katrien!
  • Options
    But is the idea not for these people to bring family and friends to the game.
    Do season ticket holders not have family and friends then?

Point I'm making is if the target is to get more numbers at the game with a goal of enticing some back, then if the free ticket goes to a season ticket holder or not makes no difference. So why not give them to everyone. Why alienate the people that have paid a lot of money up front
  • Options

But is the idea not for these people to bring family and friends to the game.
    Do season ticket holders not have family and friends then?

Point I'm making is if the target is to get more numbers at the game with a goal of enticing some back, then if the free ticket goes to a season ticket holder or not makes no difference. So why not give them to everyone. Why alienate the people that have paid a lot of money up front

Especially the 450 or so VIPs who put their money up front nearly 5 years ago.

• Options
    My point exactly. Surely we as season ticket holders should be able to bring a friend and introduce them to our wonderful club.

Next year when they want us to renew people may think hold on, I will get invited back for the first game and with a friend to boot. Renew after that.

I won't be happy unless all season ticket holders get free pie and mash on Saturday

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    If it gets more people there and improves the atmosphere then as a season ticket holder who is going to the game, I am all for it.
  • Options
    I didn't renew (again) but I didn't get a free ticket this year :(
  • Options

If it gets more people there and improves the atmosphere then as a season ticket holder who is going to the game, I am all for it.

yeah thats true but surely season ticket holders should get one as well, then the atmosphere will be even better
  • Options
    Anyone got a spare free ticket they dont need that I can borrow
  • Options

Anyone got a spare free ticket they dont need that I can borrow

There's always one
  • Options
    Well, as my ST cost me £150, about £6:50 a game, I feel like they've virtually given me a seasons worth of free tickets, so no complaints from me...........
  • Options
    I appreciated STs not getting a free voucher as some only cost £150, and accepted that (even though mine is £500, but my choice to sit where I do) but to give tickets to people to introduce friends is really annoying. I have friends outside of football, as am sure every ST holder does, so why can't we have them to give to our friends too?
  • Options
    Do the club track the conversion rate of these free tickets (or the vouchers we had in last years s/t book) ? Would love to know how many convert into people who come back on even a semi regular basis.
  • Options
    season ticket holders might get free tickets for the Derby game and to be fair season tickets holders got two free tickets last season I'm sure they will do something again but who knows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

reading that article

THANKS

That's not how I read it. It seemed to say that this was a focussed promotion to ONLY those who held season tickets last season, had not renewed their season ticket BUT had bought a ticket for the Wigan match.

This seems like a sensible idea to me and is, perhaps, an illustration of RD's investment in new IT technology being used and being able to drill deep into those data that show fans' buying habits.

On the other hand, I am mightily pissed off that Valley Gold members get priority for away tickets for a measly £120 a year and I get bugger all recognition for spending £800 on a parking space.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    cafcfan said:

reading that article

THANKS

That's not how I read it. It seemed to say that this was a focussed promotion to ONLY those who held season tickets last season, had not renewed their season ticket BUT had bought a ticket for the Wigan match.

This seems like a sensible idea to me and is, perhaps, an illustration of RD's investment in new IT technology being used and being able to drill deep into those data that show fans' buying habits.

On the other hand, I am mightily pissed off that Valley Gold members get priority for away tickets for a measly £120 a year and I get bugger all recognition for spending £800 on a parking space.

It's a free ticket for everyone who hasn't renewed, regardless of whether they have bought a match ticket (and the club wouldn't necessarily know if they have anyway, since they only record the purchaser's details). That's why it's positioned as family and friends where people have bought a ticket. Nothing to do with IT investment, which I don't think has happened yet anyway. The IT won't help if you don't have the data in the first place and it's not very practical to collect.
  • Options
    Chances are even though I renewed, I'll probably end up recieving a freebie if the sending of renewal forms to random addresses at the end of the season is anything to go by.
  • Options
    Also, surely a friend/family member is more likely to come back if they already know someone who has a season ticket so they have somebody to go with each week. Which makes it even more sensible to give these free tickets to season ticket holders imo.
  • Options
    robroy said:

My point exactly. Surely we as season ticket holders should be able to bring a friend and introduce them to our wonderful club.

I won't be happy unless all season ticket holders get free pie and mash on Saturday

Is that rhyming slang?
  • Options

Also, surely a friend/family member is more likely to come back if they already know someone who has a season ticket so they have somebody to go with each week. Which makes it even more sensible to give these free tickets to season ticket holders imo.

Maybe, but in this case the family and friends bit is only a cover story for the fact that people who have already purchased a match ticket are being sent a free ticket. It's not why they are doing it.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

reading that article

THANKS

It's a free ticket for everyone who hasn't renewed, regardless of whether they have bought a match ticket (and the club wouldn't necessarily know if they have anyway, since they only record the purchaser's details). That's why it's positioned as family and friends where people have bought a ticket. Nothing to do with IT investment, which I don't think has happened yet anyway. The IT won't help if you don't have the data in the first place and it's not very practical to collect.
    Okay, thanks, I misunderstood the OS.