Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

positives and reasons to go tonight

I'm for one really looking forward to tonight for a number of reasons,

Firstly I can't wait to see the valley in its new form, secondly trying the New beer and food, and thirdly even if BP does put a second string team out, the likes of Fox,Gomes,Morrison,Moussa,Pig will all want to be in contention for Wigan. And lastly it's only £10 for adults and £1 u18

Lets hope we get a decentish crowd of at least 8k for this game

Comments

• Options
    Agree can't wait to see the Valley, it should be a half decent side just hope the players turn up and play, been to so many of these games over the years only to feel let down. Really hope tonight is different
  • Options
    I cant go as its the Girlfriend's Birthday yet the positives for others to go...

(1) - First Home Game of the new Season... There hasnt been any Football for three months for christ sake
    (2) - Is only £10 for Adults
    (3) - Get to see the new pitch
    (4) - Get to see some new players (Possibly) / Get to see some young players (Possibly)
    (5) - Your doing something outside so getting some fresh air and exercise on the West Stand Stairs
  • Options

I cant go as its the Girlfriend's Birthday yet the positives for others to go...

(1) - First Home Game of the new Season... There hasnt been any Football for three months for christ sake
    (4) - Get to see some new players (Possibly) / Get to see some young players (Possibly)
    (5) - Your doing something outside so getting some fresh air and exercise on the West Stand Stairs

Take her to the game FFS. She will love you all the more for it :-)
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

lol! Already getting her along to Derby and Wigan... Cant really take the piss
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Davo55 said:

lol! Already getting her along to Derby and Wigan... Cant really take the piss
    'Start as you mean to go on' was the sound advice my old man gave me @ForeverAddickted‌ so take her to the game tonight as well. It's easier to say 'I'm off to the football do you want to go' later on in the relationship rather having to ask for permission to go :-)
  • Options
    Haha... Dont worry there is no way I'm ever gonna have to get permission... Already told her that she knew about my love of Charlton before we got together so said if she doesnt like it then she shouldnt have got involved with me in the first place lol!... Even she agreed the other day that if she took Charlton away she'd be taking a part of my character away as well
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Good man sounds just like the start of my courting days 44 years ago and we are still going strong :-)
  • Options
    1) First step on the road to Wembley this season
    2) Parking the car will be easier
    3) Chance to see the new shirts
    4) Not cold
    5) First chance to find a new scapegoat
  • Options
    Sing 'happy birthday' to Mark Kinsella.
  • Options

Haha... Dont worry there is no way I'm ever gonna have to get permission... Already told her that she knew about my love of Charlton before we got together so said if she doesnt like it then she shouldnt have got involved with me in the first place lol!... Even she agreed the other day that if she took Charlton away she'd be taking a part of my character away as well

She sounds like a keeper.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014

1) First step on the road to Wembley this season
    2) Parking the car will be easier
    3) Chance to see the new shirts
    4) Not cold
    5) First chance to find a new scapegoat

Re 5) Instead of Church you mean, inside info that he is not playing? :-0
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Was she trying to tell you in the nicest way that wearing your full kit to bed was a bit OTT?

;-)
  • Options
    I might skip dinner tonight so I can sample the valley food