Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marriage proposal advice - how would you do it now?

Not for me - I am married but a mate is struggling for ideas

If you were thinking of the perfect way to propose to your Mrs in London or South East England - what would you do?

He's not strapped for cash but wants to do something pretty memorable but not something cheesy like at a football match.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Take her up the OXO tower? ;o)

Genuinely though do something she loves (not shopping) like a stage show or something then take her out for dinner, make the whole day memorable then as he gets home drop his keys by the front door, drop to one knee and pop the question lifting the ring up in place of the keys she thinks he's digging for.

Or do something she loves (not shopping) like a stage show or something then take her out for dinner, make the whole day memorable then ask for the bill, drop the wallet, drop to one knee and pop the question lifting the ring up in place of the wallet she thinks he's getting.

Basically make the ring bit discreet and unexpected.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    p.s that's not how I would do it but I don't know his bird!

I took the future Mrs to Egypt and we climbed to the highest point we were safely able to on Mt Sinai and boom whilst she looked the other way over the sun setting in the mountains and desert, I dropped to one knee and prepped the ring. She turned round and I saw the most pleasing smile I've ever seen. It felt like eternity before she said yes.

If she had said no, it was quite a drop ;o)
  • Options
    As Dazzler says, try and do something she loves or abit romantic. My mrs loves disney so I got down on one knee and proposed in front of the disney castle in florida just as the fireworks finished. Had to carry around the ring all day in its bloody box but she never noticed as i'm so used to having a big lump in my shorts. Or you could do what my mate did and propose in his bedroom when his mrs got in from work... each to their own! They have just got married so it obviously worked...
  • Options
    Make sure he asks her old man for permission !
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Take out for dinner and propose to her there. Don't lose the significance of the intention in a load of irrelevant palaver. You're gonna look silly in a helicopter over the Eiffel tower in a spangly kilt and feather boa if she says no.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Make sure he asks her old man for permission !

Very true, I did that, went down well, my two brother in laws didn't, I mention it quite a lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Text her?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Just cut to the quick, book the Church / Registry office for next Saturday and tell her she's got a gig :-)
  • Options

Im also getting to the same stage where Im thinking bout proposing to my other half.

Struggling for ideas but part of me thinks about taking her to Iceland and doing it in front of the Northern Lights (Something shes always wanted to see)

I did exactly that in December last year! Took the other half to Iceland for the weekend, and got down on one knee under the Northern Lights. Fortnately she said yes!

Iceland is a beautiful country, happy to let you know where we stayed, who we did the Northern Lights trip with etc if you want any advice...
  • Options
    Gawd what a lot of effort to go to... If I did that the missus would do one of these (1)... Get Bored (2)... Get too Tired to continue (3) Get herself lost lol!
  • Options
    Went for dinner to Canary Wharf, caught a boat from there to Waterloo, up in the London Eye, and then popped the question up there though she knew it was coming as we used her grandmother's engagement ring.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Just cut to the quick, book the Church / Registry office for next Saturday and tell her she's got a gig :-)

He wont be doing anything on Saturday so should be fine.
  • Options
    I did mine over the tannoy at charlton back in 1996. Brian Cole popped the question for me. - Git

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My husband proposed on the Eiffel Tower, fabulous couldn't have been better or more romantci
  • Options

I did mine over the tannoy at charlton back in 1996. Brian Cole popped the question for me. - Git

;-)

Are they still married?
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Dickpic with a twist

Worried if the engagement ring fits... Do not get hard if it does or you'll end up with a dead dingle
  • Options
    Seems like it was just tomorrow when i was planning my proposal ,on a train from Orpington to Grove Park.If it was I'd cancel it
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Addicted said:

Dickpic with a twist

Worried if the engagement ring fits... Do not get hard if it does or you'll end up with a dead dingle
    Unless your missus has hands like Andre the Giant I wouldn't suggest popping that ring on your todger Daz, limp or not.

You'd have to be hung like a wasp :)
  • Options
    take her up the Shard
  • Options

take her up the Shard

Sounds discusting
  • Options
    Does she enjoy sport? Ask her if she wants to play catch and chuck the ring at her
  • Options
    Take her down Goddards, couple in the rose and ask her on the way to the ground.
    All going well, you may even get to slip out the match to the ladies toilets to get your nuts in, then get a couple of celebratory pints in prior to the half time rush.
    Northern lights, Iceland, Disneyland, do me a favour.

• Options

;-)

Are they still married?
    We are still happilly married although his eating has got out of hand!