Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Car Hire heathrow

Some advice please. Thinking of coming over in the next few weeks and thinking of hiring a car.

Likely to have a fair amount of luggage (2 sets of golf clubs and 3 cases).

Which car would you recommend? Thinking an estate car, but want something nice, but can fit the luggage.

I normally use Avis but thinking of using someone else.

Not sure how much driving I am going to do, but will probably pop up to the hawthorns when charlton aren't at home

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I came into Heathrow, Terminal 5, last summer, I was in and out of Avis in about 2 minutes couldn't believe how easy it was. Their "Preferred" card helped a lot, I'm sure, so get one online before you travel. You can also choose the car you want right there. The biggest problem was driving down the spiral ramp on the "wrong" side of the car.
  • Options
    I normally use Avis, but I thought there maybe better/cheaper options
  • Options
    I used to use local car hire firms, but the cost of getting where I'm going by train now, and the convenience of getting a car at the terminal makes it worthwhile for me, especially when leaving.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I usually use one of the comparison search engines. This one rentalcars.com/ has been best value recently.
    But there's also vroomvroomvroom.co.uk/index/ holidayautos.com/en/search?c=gb||EN and auto-europe.co.uk/
    Then it's whichever of the regular firms that are cheapest.
    If it's a one-way hire I sometimes go direct to Alamo who have a product called "Airport connect" which cuts down the one-way rental charges.
  • Options
    Well, that's interesting - rip-off merchants!

bbc.co.uk/news/business-28756674
  • Options
    I always use hertz never had any problems with them, currently got an audi a4 from them for the.game price as a golf per day, 2 nectar points let quid spent and a double points voucher that just keeps giving

When I went Ireland recently, I hired a small car just for a couple of days whilst going to a funeral and because I was there for a sad occasion they gave me another audi for the same cost as the small car
  • Options
    I always use HolidayAutos.co.uk - very good website for Car Hire, recommended them to my Dad two years ago and he's been using them too, you tend to make a huge saving using them as they still use all the standard hire companies
  • Options
    Cheers guys
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Well, that's interesting - rip-off merchants!

bbc.co.uk/news/business-28756674

Holiday companies do the same thing.