Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fifa investigating Vorm Transfer

Sky sources understand FIFA is investigating the transfer of Netherlands goalkeeper Michel Vorm from Swansea to Tottenham after a formal complaint from his first club Utrecht. The Eredivisie side claimed they were due a 30% sell-on fee but Swansea sources say it was a free transfer and the Dutch club are not due any money.

at the time I belive it was a undisclosed fee, so it seems Swansea was not aware of the 30% sell on and have now come out and said it was a free transfer.

Comments

• Options

Sky sources understand FIFA is investigating the transfer of Netherlands goalkeeper Michel Vorm from Swansea to Tottenham after a formal complaint from his first club Utrecht. The Eredivisie side claimed they were due a 30% sell-on fee but Swansea sources say it was a free transfer and the Dutch club are not due any money.

at the time I belive it was a undisclosed fee, so it seems Swansea was not aware of the 30% sell on and have now come out and said it was a free transfer.

Swansea chairman: How much are you asking for him?

Utrecht chairman: An undisclosed amount.

Swansea chairman: OK its a deal

Swansea chairman to his board: I got Vorm for free, he never asked for any money....
  • Options
    Haha they've been levy'ed with a curve-ball.

The reason they are logging their complaint is that they disagree with the 'package deal' that has been set up between Spurs and Swansea. They believe that at least a part of the financial agreement with Spurs should ve been attributed to Vorm because Vorm wasn't a free player and in using him and Davies in a swap deal with Sigurdsson and cash , he has value whereas Swansea have booked him as leaving with a value of 0.

It hasn't got anything to do with the initial agreement, Swansea isnt denying that the 30 % clause exist, they simply state that he was sold without a financial re compensation.

And there's not only the 30 % sell on fee, there's also the solidarity fee that has to be paid when players are transferred internationally to their clubs of origin from 11-18 (i think thats the age bracket but not completely sure).

Either way, they have a point in principle and accountancy wise because he did hold value to Spurs but that value cannot be proven nor estimated.

Fishy , yes - creative, its Levy - sanctions, nope
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Haha, good old Levy. I don my kippah!

Not the first time this has happened with Spurs.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/peterborough_united/3132293.stm
  • Options
    Does that mean 30% of Sigurdsson will be off to Utrecht?

Maybe both arms and a leg?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    JohnBoyUK said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/peterborough_united/3132293.stm

Yeah, good old Spurs doing smaller clubs over. I'm sure their fans would understand if it happened to them…
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Yeah, good old Spurs doing smaller clubs over. I'm sure their fans would understand if it happened to them…
    Now you put it like that... fair point...but from his point of view getting the best deal he can, getting a decent back-up keeper on the cheap.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Now you put it like that... fair point...but from his point of view getting the best deal he can, getting a decent back-up keeper on the cheap.
    Yeah, it's true. We'd all say "Well done Sir Roland" if we did it but we're the first to moan (and rightly so) when we got done for Defoe, Jenkinson and Poyet. That's football I suppose.
  • Options
    I don't get why Tottenham are getting stick on here, its nothing there have done wrong

It was Swansea who agreed the 30% sell on with Utrecht and Swansea who are saying they received no money for Vorm so they don't have to pay Utrecht, Tottenham have not done anything except sign the player
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Lol Swansea are the ones doing them over mate, Levy just deals with Swansea and does that in his own style
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Btw werent there very strong rumours about the scousers overpaying for Lambert to prevent Saints having to pay huge sell on fees for Llalana ?
  • Options
    Well SSNHQHD tells me Vorm was 3.5m and 30% of that is 1.05m
  • Options
    I seem to remember us getting shafted from sell-on for a joint transfer. Who was it?
  • Options
    It does seem that there may be a need for some sort of official laws from EUFA or whoever that protects the original selling club in some way. Even if it's just that it goes to a tribunal that decides what the value of the 'free' transfer was in real terms. Doesn't seem fair that a player can be used to reduce a transfer fee but be classed as a free transfer.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I hope spurs and Swansea gets a transfer embargo and they go down 3 leagues and we get Jonjo back on a free
  • Options

I seem to remember us getting shafted from sell-on for a joint transfer. Who was it?

Michael Turner i think.

• Options
    DRAddick said:

It does seem that there may be a need for some sort of official laws from EUFA or whoever that protects the original selling club in some way. Even if it's just that it goes to a tribunal that decides what the value of the 'free' transfer was in real terms. Doesn't seem fair that a player can be used to reduce a transfer fee but be classed as a free transfer.

Hard to prove though. Swansea would say they've signed Fabianski to be number 1, Tremmel is a good back up, so we were happy to let Vorm go to Spurs for free to get him off the wage bill and free up wages, honest....