Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

new catering

Comments

• Options

I know we are renowned for our generosity to the opposition at the Valley, the friendly welcome, the 3 points but I wonder if the away end offers such fayre?

Apart from a visit from the Spanners or Dirty Leeds, who only require a trough filled with slop and e-numbers, I wonder what other northern fans would think when confronted by words like Ciabatta and Chorizo?

May need translations of the menu...

Ciabatta = bap
    Chorizo = saveloy

It's a strange world.

I thought they played for Juventus.
  • Options
    Chicken balti pie was unreal, don't know if it was because I'd had a few but my pint was better than usual too
  • Options

I know we are renowned for our generosity to the opposition at the Valley, the friendly welcome, the 3 points but I wonder if the away end offers such fayre?

Apart from a visit from the Spanners or Dirty Leeds, who only require a trough filled with slop and e-numbers, I wonder what other northern fans would think when confronted by words like Ciabatta and Chorizo?

Ciabatta = bap
    Chorizo = saveloy

It's a strange world.

Flagged for being bloody awful of a joke.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2014
    Chicken Balti pie looked on the small side for the price. It was really tasty and not greasy, with good pastry and proper filling. I'd eat one again. A million times nicer than the abominable unhealthy expensive crap served for many years.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Ciabatta = bap
    Chorizo = saveloy

It's a strange world.

Flagged for being bloody awful of a joke.

Lol *double thumbs up*
  • Options
    Now we sell real ale I hope the security in the West stand have been asked to be on total alert.

They might have to put signs up 'Heavy petting under tartan blankets in completely prohibited'
  • Options

Now we sell real ale I hope the security in the West stand have been asked to be on total alert.

They might have to put signs up 'Heavy petting under tartan blankets in completely prohibited'

Oi -leave it, shandy girl... ;-)
  • Options
    I've had a chat with a colleague who's a Wigan fan and he sat in the Jimmy Seed both last and this season, he's said the catering and booze hasn't changed one bit. Didn't comment on the pitch.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Fiiish said:

I've had a chat with a colleague who's a Wigan fan and he sat in the Jimmy Seed both last and this season, he's said the catering and booze hasn't changed one bit. Didn't comment on the pitch.

Never mind about the catering @Fiiish‌ what about the noise coming out of the North Upper compared to East 'A' Block :-)
  • Options
    Where was this real ale then?

All I could see amongst the queues in Covered End Upper was the usual Fosters / John Smiths combo although admittedly I didn't look that closely because of the queues.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

All I could see amongst the queues in Covered End Upper was the usual Fosters / John Smiths combo although admittedly I didn't look that closely because of the queues.

East Stand Len, only the best for the 'A' Blockers :-)
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

If he's a proper norverner he would of brought a packed lunch, slab of lard and some home made pork scratchings!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

LenGlover said:

LOL the beer 'tent' was the opposite end to A block. Read into that what you will :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014

RedChaser said:

LenGlover said:

LOL the beer 'tent' was the opposite end to A block. Read into that what you will :)
    Err.........yes Alex but you had to go past the beer tent to get to 'A' Block, what are you insinuating :-0
  • Options
    Not if you used the Bartram Entrance
  • Options

Not if you used the Bartram Entrance

I didn't, too far to walk from the station :-)
  • Options
    Chicken balti pie was delicious as was the peppered steak pie. Dont mind paying a bit more as long as the food is good. Will look forward to working my way down the menu over the course of the season :)
  • Options
    The club has definitely tried to improve the overall experience, but there's a bit further to go on this. The queues in easy stand on Saturday were not great. There are more tills at each section, which you would think makes it quicker to get served, but there wasore tome spent serving around them,as they are on the counter, in the way. They have tried.to have
    "pourers" whose job it is to keep the pints coming, but the pumps are still on the counter, so the pourers get in the way of the servers. Needs someone with a bit of wit to observe on of the sectioms for a busy game and reorganise it a bit. It's good to see them trying.

I did get stuck in to the pulled pork, and it was way too sweet. Much prefer it a bit salty and spicy............
  • Options
    Wouldn't normally eat in the ground but a balti pie sounds like it might go down well tonight with a pint.
  • Options
    Went to get myself and @Rothko‌ a cuppa at the start half time in the east yesterday and not one kiosk had any milk.

They can have all the pulled pork and Mediterranean flat breads they like but not sorting out the basics like milk is a bit pathetic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Undercooked chips and scalded pie was my experience at Watford hoping to do some trust activity with the new catering manager, and met him briefly before the match on Saturday as did our vice chair Craig concerning the bars, early days but he seems keen to talk to fans
  • Options
    Very poor service WU towards covered end yesterday. And what's happened to the hot drink trolley thing? Good idea discontinued after a couple of games. ..
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Went to get myself and @Rothko‌ a cuppa at the start half time in the east yesterday and not one kiosk had any milk.

They can have all the pulled pork and Mediterranean flat breads they like but not sorting out the basics like milk is a bit pathetic.

Yes that was silly but when my brother switched his order to a small beer because of it, they gave us the beer for free. There seemed to be a guy there charged with making the service a bit better, who took that decision. Fair play.

• Options
    I tried the new catering yesterday for the first time - I think it was called a Texan Beefcake or something similar (was slightly worried they'd serve up some kind of cowboy stripper). It was still pretty shit actually, but still a big step up on the total dross of previous seasons. Queues at the outlets behind the East stand still terrible. I initially queued up for 10 minutes at half time during which period they managed to serve about 3 people at the front of the queue. I gave up. Why on earth does it take so long? And why do they always get taken by surprise that trade picks up at about 3.45 on a saturday? Morons.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Had the addick and chips for £6.50! for that price I was expecting something a bit better.

The chips looked anemic and the fish had been sitting there for so long it had started to curl up. portion size was close to pathetic. price needs to come down by at least 3 quid to make it worth it.
  • Options
    razil said:

Undercooked chips and scalded pie was my experience at Watford hoping to do some trust activity with the new catering manager, and met him briefly before the match on Saturday as did our vice chair Craig concerning the bars, early days but he seems keen to talk to fans

I had a chicken & Ham pie & had to wait 10 minutes for the bloody thing to cool down before I could bite into it !!
  • Options
    Seems no one has organised the logistics of how the different meals are served. Before match ordered pie mash and liquor, was probably first customer so no queue. Girl got pie sorted, then got the mash potato squirted on (tastes better than it looks) then a problem - the liquor was in a container in the hot cabinet but she couldn't ladle out the liquor with the container in the cabinet. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts, one girl came over with a cloth to hold the hot container resting half out of the cabinet so a ladle could be used, another girl held the cardboard container holding the pie and mash and a third girl ladled out one ladle of liquor. Only took three minutes!

At £5 I thought it was good value if we are making realistic comparison of venue entertaining, but what a kerfuffle.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited September 2014
    Suggested birthday cake for catering manager.
  • Options
    *PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT BRIGHTON, THATS HOW CATERING SHOULD BE DONE*
  • Options
    Makes me laugh when lifers criticise the pricing. It's a sports venue FFS. Try comparing against similar venues rather than your local chippie.