Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How much would you care...

...if we were actually to have a decent run in this cup? Say got to the quarter finals? Would you see it as a great moment for the club and be happy about it or just a needless distraction from the league.

I'd love a big away game of course at say old trafford, but how much of you on here are generally bothered about progressing in this trophy? As most clubs and managers don't seem to be too fussed. I too am not that bothered at this stage. Although, one of my housemates is a Birmingham fan and said their final against (cough) Arsenal was pheonomenal.

No brainer with the FA cup last year for me, but this cup is just a bit too mickey mouse i feel.

Comments

• Options
    At this stage I'm not bothered.

Then I remember the Wycombe game. Real chance that year.
  • Options

...if we were actually to have a decent run in this cup? Say got to the quarter finals? Would you see it as a great moment for the club and be happy about it or just a needless distraction from the league.

I'd love a big away game of course at say old trafford, but how much of you on here are generally bothered about progressing in this trophy? As most clubs and managers don't seem to be too fussed. I too am not that bothered at this stage. Although, one of my housemates is a Birmingham fan and said their final against (cough) Arsenal was pheonomenal.

No brainer with the FA cup last year for me, but this cup is just a bit too mickey mouse i feel.

If we were to get to the final, I think everyone would not care it is not the FA cup
  • Options
    ross1 said:

If we were to get to the final, I think everyone would not care it is not the FA cup

I think that much is obvious...
  • Options
    If we were to get to the round before quarters no one would care. It doesn't mean anything until you're talking in fractions.
  • Options
    The League Cup is out of the way pretty early so doesn't interfere with the end of the season run in, when we will be fighting relegation for promotion
  • Options
    Ok - Now I want to fecking win the thing! AND I think we can after tonight...;)
  • Options
    Love the cups, win either cup and we will remember it for generations, never understand the attitude of wanting to lose a cup game, as you never know as someone has to win it.
  • Options
    Until we get to a final I could not give a monkeys about the cups
  • Options
    Quarter finals is no good. A semi final in my liftime is all I ask.
  • Options

Quarter finals is no good. A semi final in my liftime is all I ask.

Someone that is easily pleased but to be left so empty, so unfair!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    winning 4 - 0 feels good to me
  • Options
    @NomadicAddick‌ - The biggest away we'd get is another Championship club as Prem teams don't play in the League Cup.
  • Options
    F-Blocker said:

@NomadicAddick‌ - The biggest away we'd get is another Championship club as Prem teams don't play in the League Cup.

haha well, I think a London prem club would be a pretty big away or home and especially if we were playing west ham, palace or qpr, they would play a fairly strengthened side. West Ham would be perfect I think, don't think big sam would have the balls to risk losing to us and would be forced to play a strong side to prevent any major backlash. West Ham in the next round please.

Although we all know it's going to be Huddersfield so we may as well book our train ticket now *sighs*
  • Options
    palace away, palace away, palace away
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @NomadicAddick‌ - Ignore me...I'm talking bollox
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    F-Blocker said:

@NomadicAddick‌ - Ignore me...I'm talking bollox

Ok well at first I thought that you were hinting at the fact premier league teams sometimes play weakened sides - although you just have to look at the team City and Sunderland played in the final last year to see this is not always the case.

However now, after I explained why I felt a team like West Ham (and certainly Palace) would not play an especially weakened side if facing us (a few changes here and there but so would we, right?), I am now slightly worried you do not understand the rules of the tournament, which is fair enough. Therefore I am informing you that in fact they actually do.

• Options
    I'd like us to have a run. Why not, and we can show off our new pitch.
  • Options
    @NomadicAddick‌ I was getting my competitions mixed up (thinking Prem weren't involved). It's been a very long day!
    As I said - ignore me... ;o)