Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Capital One Cup: Charlton v Colchester

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Hard game to score bearing in mind the quality of the opposition an the fact that they played two thirds of the game with ten men. However, I'll go for

Henderson - 7. Nowt to do but I was watching him closely and he never stopped shouting at the back 4. Good distribution with both feet. Like him.

Gomez-8. Class act. Quick. Aware. Get the feeling he could play in about four positions across the back line or on the wing.

Fox - 6. Neat and tidy but not much of a threat going forward. Good back up to Wiggins but not first choice material just yet.

Bikey - 8. Built like a brick outhouse! Played very well. May be interesting when he's up against better and quicker opposition but he'll do for me.

Morrison - 8. Looked composed and mobile (mind you he was next to Bikey!). Got a bit too wound up towards the end for a two bob match that was won by then.

Wilson 9.MOM. Looked as though he was trying not to get injured in the jet half. Saw huge amounts of the ball. Worked well with Gomez. Two great goals Carlos Alberto style. Crossing was generally rubbish but will forgive him that. We look better when he plays.

Buyens -7. Solid. Like him. Not sure where Jacko fits into this side.

Cousins - 6.5. Some great stuff, some poor stuff but still trying to remember how to play in his best position.

Harriott - 5.5. Generally poor but grew into it.

Moussa - 5. Looked unfit and still trying to remember everybody else's names. Showed enough to suggest that there is a player in there though.

Tucudean -5. At best this guy will divide opinion. He sure likes a flick on! Needs someone beside him on the same wavelength. There is just a chance that he could make Church look like a star in comparison and become the whipping boy this year. Mind you I thought Yann was shit the first time I saw him so he could end up being a hero.Hope so but I'm not holding my breath.

Vetokele - looks class.

Gudmundsson - 8. I know he's ineligible but I can't resist. Class act. Could be a centre mid option.

Church - sparkling new boots, same old sponge foot. Did well to be on the spot to score.
  • Options
    Henderson 6
    Gomez 7
    Fox 7
    Bikey 7.5
    Morrison 7
    Wilson 9
    Buyens 8
    Cousins 7
    Harriott 7
    Moussa 6.5
    Tucudean 7

Vetokele 7
    Gudmundsson n/a (only played 29 minutes) 7
    Church n/a 7

Professional performance
  • Options
    Henderson - 7
    Gomez - 7.5
    Fox - 6.5
    Bikey - 7
    Morrison - 7
    Wilson - 8 (MOM)
    Buyens - 7
    Cousins - 7
    Harriott - 6
    Moussa - 5
    Tucudean -5

Vetokele - 6

Not too worried about the average showings of Moussa and Tucudean, wouldn't expect all the new guys to hit the ground running.
  • Options
    Henderson 6.5
    Gomez 8
    Fox 7.5
    Bikey 8
    Morrison 7
    Wilson 8.5
    Buyens 8
    Cousins 6.5
    Harriott 6
    Moussa 6.5
    Tucudean 6.5

Vetokele 6.5
    Gudmundsson n/a (but would have been an 8 based on that cameo)
  • Options
    Henderson - 6.5
    Gomez - 7.5
    Fox - 6.5
    Bikey - 7.5
    Morrison - 7
    Wilson - 8.5
    Buyens - 8
    Cousins - 7.5
    Harriott - 6
    Moussa - 6
    Tucudean - 6.5

Vetokele - 6.5
  • Options
    Henderson-7
    Gomez-9 (Best debut from a Charlton youngest)
    Fox-7.5
    Bikey-8
    Morrison-7.5
    Wilson-8.5
    Buyens-8
    Cousins-7.5
    Harriott-7
    Moussa-7
    Tucudean-7

Vetokele-6.5
  • Options
    Henderson 7 - Had nothing to do, but was really vocal throughout
    Gomez 8 - What a player he is going to be, him and Wilson were a delight to watch down the flank
    Fox - 7 - Good game
    Bikey - 7.5 - Absolutely rock solid
    Morrison - 7 - Good game
    Wilson - 8.5 - Great performance, took both goals with ease, linked up with Gomez wonderfully
    Buyens - 7.5 - Shaky at first, Got the goal and then dominated midfield from then on
    Cousins - 7
    Harriott - 6
    Moussa - 6
    Tucudean - 6 - Would genuinely start with Church up front with Vetokele, I know he needs to find his feet and all but never looks confident on the ball; Church had a lot more hunger and got his goal. Thought fans getting on Church's back within minutes of him coming on was an absolute joke.

Vetokele - 6
  • Options
    Henderson-7
    Gomez-7
    Fox-6.5
    Bikey-7
    Morrison-7
    Wilson-7.5
    Buyens-7
    Cousins-7
    Harriott-6
    Moussa-6
    Tucudean-5

Vetokele-7
  • Options
    Sorry - do I need to make it clear that I didn't watch this one on the internet ?!!
  • Options
    Henderson 7 - Like everyone else says, not much to do, but looked active, focused when they had a freekick and decent goalkicks.

Gomez 7.5 - Very comfortable on the ball, can't do anything wrong in some peoples eyes, but he's quick, flashy, strong and obviously a good defender.

Fox 7 - Decent game for him, good back up.

Morrison 7 - Some good clearences, still solid, him and Bikey should be the partnership.

Bikey 8 - So solid, feel so comfortable with him at the back, strong, great positioning, good interceptions, great leadership and the most surprising for me, the footwork, so comfortable on the ball, amazing for such a big guy too. Tank.

Wilson 8 - Has to be one of my favourite players. Puts in a shift every game and scored two very decent goals. Up and down non stop and great link up play whether it's Solly or Gomez, doesn't matter. Very vocal and a key member to our squad.

Harriott 6.5 - Can't deny his tekkers. So silky on the ball, strong for a little guy too. Don't think he'll be a starter this season but if he did start I wouldn't moan. Which shows how strong our squad is really.

Buyens 8 - Has to start for us, good at closing down, aware, good passing, all round very good centre mid. Glad he scored the penno too.

Moussa 6.5 - Similar game to Harriott, some nice flashy moments and some mistakes, didn't expect much on his first game for us, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him play miles better a few games into the season.

Cousins 7.5 - Nothing out of the orindary, we all know what he's about and what to expect, big season for him.

Tucudean 7 - Tough to judge him really. Some really nice touches and flick ons. Can imagine him doing good for us, just may take a while. Bit ridic that I heard some people giving him some stick...

Johan 7.5 - Know he wasn't on for long but I think he's quality just through glimpses, real threat with them left footers and another player with fancy footwork that could beat a man, glad we have a handful now.

Igor 7 - Done nothing wrong, saw him show his leap, showed some strength and put on the pressure, going to be a huge fan favourite.

Overall a good display, I think we had the game in the bag anyway, harsh sending off but good game from us, loving the play style, we look in control. Would be nice if our fans used their voice cheering on our players rather than just shouting pointless shit at our own players though. Roll on Wigan, can see us getting a result.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henderson 6
    Gomez 7
    Fox 6
    Bikey 6
    Morrison 6
    Wilson 7.5
    Buyens 7
    Cousins 6.5
    Harriott 6.5
    Moussa 6
    Tucudean 6.5

Vetokele 6
    Gudmundsson n/a (only played 29 minutes)
    Church n/a
  • Options
    Henderson - 6
    Gomez - 6.5
    Fox - 6.5
    Bikey - 7.5
    Morrison - 7
    Wilson - 8
    Buyens - 7
    Cousins - 6.5
    Harriott - 6
    Moussa - 5
    Tucudean - 6

Vetokele - 6.5
    Church n/a

• Options
    Henderson 6.5 - Did everything he had to well
    Gomez 8 - Can't remember a better, more assured, debut
    Fox 6 - Some lack of communication with Bikey, and didn't offer much going forwards
    Bikey 7.5 - Solid, massive, rock
    Morrison 7 - Dealt with Ibehre well
    Wilson 8 - Two good finishes and link with Gomez got better as game wore on (MoM)
    Buyens 7.5 - Controlled the game; good pen.
    Cousins 7 - Lots of running but passing sometimes wayward
    Harriott 6.5 - Involved, but often left isolated by Fox and Moussa
    Moussa 5.5 - Tried too much and no end result
    Tucudean 6 - Nice flicks and set up first goal, but needs to be sharper

Vetokele 7 - Very fast and dangerous
  • Options
    Henderson - 7
    Gomez - 8
    Fox - 6
    Bikey - 9
    Morrison - 7
    Wilson - 8
    Buyens - 7
    Cousins - 6
    Harriot - 6
    Moussa 5
    Tucudean - 5

Vetokele - 5
  • Options
    Henderson- 7.5 - excellent distribution, great communication, untroubled
    Gomez-8 - classy on the ball, worked well overlapping with Wilson
    Fox-6 - did the necessary at the back but offered nothing going forward
    Bikey- 8 - can't see him losing an aerial ball this year, looks threatening when he brings ball out of defence
    Morrison- 7 - doesn't compare favourably - physically - with Bikey, but composed
    Wilson- 8 - great work with Gomez, two superb finishes. Looks our most composed in front of goal
    Buyens- 7 - good tackling and passing, cool penalty
    Cousins- 6 - not his finest, looked hurried, seemed to give the ball away more than anyone
    Harriott- 6 - can't remember him getting on the ball in the first half, lacked composure in front of goal in second
    Moussa- 5.5 - poor first touch, seems to lack match fitness
    Tucudean- 5.5 - tried hard but no first touch at all, meant he kept pushing himself too wide. Good cut back for the penalty

Vetokele- 7 - didn't look too bothered by the Capital One Cup, but looked classy with what he did

Salt Beef Roll - 8 - bloody delicious but pricey at a fiver
  • Options
    Henderson 6 - Spectator most of the game, distribution was good
    Gomez 7 - Look forward to seeing more of him
    Fox 6 - did his job but needs more composure on the ball
    Bikey 8 - What a unit, cannot remember him putting a foot wrong
    Morrison 7 - Solid
    Wilson 8.5 - Took his goals well and gave an outlet all night
    Buyens 8 - Very effective in everything he did without standing out, every team needs a player like this
    Cousins 7 - Made some telling contributions all night, but did also give the ball away a lot
    Harriott 6 - Does not make the right choices when he has the ball
    Moussa 6 - The only player that disappointed me last night, put it down to not playing much pre-season
    Tucudean 6 - Should have scored, some good link up play but does not look the quickest

Vetokele 6 - You could see he wanted a goal but just didnt get a chance
    Gudmundsson n/a (only played 29 minutes) - Looked very composed on the ball and likes a shot
    Church n/a - Whether you like him or not got his name on the score sheet
  • Options
    Henderson 6, had little to do, but did well what he had to. Though maybe he and Bikey need to communicate more.
    Gomez 6 solid
    Fox 5 good going forward but positional sence poor.
    Bikey 7 was the best defender
    Morrison 6 had a solid game.
    Wilson 8 as he scored two goals which he took well, wish he would not over hit his crosses into the box.
    Buyens 6 had a solid game.
    Cousins 7, was goosd defensively in mifield.
    Harriott 5, must improve his decision making.
    Moussa 6. Though his first touch a bit heavy.
    Tucudean 5, he tries.

Vetokele 6, Has promise I believe.
  • Options
    Henderson 7
    Gomez 7.5 Really looks the part, may be gone by January
    Fox 6.5 Spent most of his time in the attacking half
    Bikey 7.5 Monumental
    Morrison 7 Played well but his body language was not great
    Wilson 8 My player of the year last year, must get back into the first team
    Buyens 6.5 He and Cousins are too similar to play as the middle two
    Cousins 6
    Harriott 5.5 some nice touches
    Moussa 6 Not looking sharp
    Tucudean 6 Still needs to convince,shame he did not get a goal

Vetokele 6 Did not contribute as much as Church
    Gudmonddson Looked good in the roving midfield role
    Church Scored a goal,nearly set one up and maybe could have got another,but on his way out I am sure
  • Options
    Henderson 6
    Gomez 8 MOM
    Fox 7
    Bikey 7
    Morrison 7
    Wilson 7.5
    Buyens 7.5
    Cousins 7
    Harriott 6
    Moussa 6
    Tucudean 6

Vetokele 6
  • Options
    Henderson 7 - One save to make. Decent distribution
    Gomez 8 - A player here, if he doesn't go all Billy big bollocks on us. Ridiculously assured for a 17 year old
    Fox 6 - Average
    Bikey 8 - Beast
    Morrison 7 - Calm and assured
    Wilson 7.5 - Took both goals well. Worked well with Gomez
    Buyens 8.5 - MOTM. Grew into the game and bossed it. Good pen too.
    Cousins 7.5 - Good second half. Drifted through the first
    Harriott 6 - Frustrating, but worked hard
    Moussa 5 - Off the pace. Needs games
    Tucudean 7 - Intelligent movement off the ball. Drags defenders out of position. Lacks pace, but potentially a good foil for Igor

Vetokele 7 - Frightens defenders. Pacy, decent touch and direct
    Gudmundsson 7.5 - Impressive cameo. Wants the ball all the time - and has the ability to do something with it when he gets it
    Church 7 - followed up well for his goal, and almost got one before in the same manner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henderson 7
    Gomez 8
    Fox 6.5
    Bikey 7.5 Solid game!
    Morrison 7
    Wilson 7.5
    Buyens 6.5
    Cousins 7.5
    Harriott 6
    Mousa 6
    Tucudean 5 Don't want to write him off so soon but..........

Vetokele 6
    Gudmundsson 6.5
    Church 6
  • Options
    Henderson 7
    Gomez 7.5
    Fox 6.5
    Bikey 8
    Morrison 7
    Wilson 8.5
    Buyens 8
    Cousins 7
    Harriott 6.5
    Moussa 6
    Tucudean 6.5

Vetokele 7
    Church n/a
  • Options
    Henderson 7 - didn't have much to do; distribution seemed quicker than saturday
    Gomez 8 - superb debut
    Fox 7.5 - solid at the back - offered less going forward
    Bikey 8.5 - beast.
    Morrison 8 - solid
    Wilson 9 MOM - 2 well taken goals from midfield
    Buyens 7.5
    Cousins 7 - wasn't as good in the second half, but a few excellent touches. classy player
    Harriott 7 - OK, nothing special
    Moussa 6.5 - came deep to get the ball and put in a lot of effort but didn't make much
    Tucudean 8 - still looks rusty, but a superb dummy and run that led to the first goal

Vetokele 6.5 - didn't get much/any service
  • Options
    Henderson - 6 - Had nothing to do whatsoever
    Gomez - 7 - shaky start but settled into the game and looks very comfortable coming forward with the ball
    Fox - 7.5 - solid and played some lovely passes
    Bikey - 7 - beast and brings the ball forward well
    Morrison - 7 - solid and good to see him back in the side. Made some good challenges
    Wilson - 8.5 Has to be MOTM doesn't he?
    Buyens - 8 - not far behind Wilson and formed a good partnership with ~Cousin. Who needs Poyet?
    Cousins - 7.5 - Started to run the show in the second half. Has to play in the middle.
    Harriott - 6.5 - A few flashes and chances but need to get himself in the game more sometimes.
    Moussa - 6 - No impact at all really. Let's hope he improves.
    Tucudean - 6.5 - Should have scored and maybe could shave hit it earlier rather than take it around the keeper. Is he the new Yann or the new Simon Church? Time will tell.

Vetokele - 7 - Beast and doesn't stop working and trying to create chances for himself. I think he's going to be a great signing.
  • Options
    Henderson 6.5 Little to do but handling fine again.
    Gomez 7.5 Very confident; cruised through his senior debut.
    Fox 6.5 Perfectly capable. Maybe could've moved the ball just a little quicker in advanced positions but plays a good ball.
    Bikey 7 Untroubled and tries to play out.
    Morrison 7 Nice and solid as usual - now with added hair!
    Wilson 9 Two more goals and a near miss. Felt he was unlucky to miss out on Saturday.
    Buyens 8 Bossed midfield like a captain; pen must've given him a boost.
    Cousins 8 We all know this is where he excels.
    Harriott 6.5 More of his usual tenacity but a few strange decisions.
    Moussa 6 Had his moments but not quite up to speed yet.
    Tucudean 6 Again had his moments but I'd like to see a lot more urgency / desire.

Vetokele6.5 Just a run-out really to prepare for Saturday
    Gudmundsson n/a (only played 29 minutes). 7 Played centrally and produced a few stinging low drives, one of which led to the fourth.
    Church n/a 6.5 Well done on your tap-in but was the finger-to-mouth gesture wise?
  • Options

Henderson 7 Glad he was picked. He only had two competitive matches last season ,so needs to play. I would give Pope a chance in the next Round though
    Gomez 8 Amazing for a 17 year old debutant. Could be Solly's regular Tuesday night fill in. Adds height to the back four as well
    Fox 7 Improving game by game. Always liked Morgan from his Academy days . Links well with Harriott.
    Bikey 7 Played well but not sure Col U really tested him .Like the look of him.
    Morrison 7 Solid as always. We have 3 good experienced Centre Backs this year.
    Wilson 8.5 MOTM and an extra .5 for the goals. Loved the Tunnel jump. Looks like that will be rotated this year.
    Buyens 8 Like the look of him. He is a leader potential future captain?
    Cousins 7 Much better as a CM
    Harriott 6 Had some moments of quality ,but average overall.
    Moussa 6 Should some promise but maybe needs to get fit before we can make a fair assessment.
    Tucudean 6 Another one who will be fine I think . Would like him to score soon.

Vetokele 7 Could be our season changer in my view
    Gudmundsson 7 Interesting that he was played centrally. It shows he can play in the same team as Harriott and could cover Jacko as a left footed CM.
    Church 6 Pleased he scored ,but not sure he has a future with us now if we make the signings that are rumoured.
  • Options
    Henderson 6 Little to do, but what he did he did well. Good save early in the 2nd half.
    Gomez 7.5 Outstanding debut. Seeing how well he played, means we have options to cover Solly. Highlight of the whole game was seeing him, in the 2nd half, giving his winger 5 yards, and cruising past him to get to the ball. Strong as an ox.
    Fox 6 Average showing. Against limited opposition, I was disappointed he didn't get forward more. Not troubled defensively.
    Bikey 7.5 Andre the Giant is a beast. I don't think he missed a header all night.Vocal and aggressive, to the opposition and his team mates.
    Morrison 7 Solid and strong. Seems to have taken on board what BP wants the team to play like. I don't remember him hoofing the ball forward once.
    Wilson 8.5 Obviously, MOTM. Such a composed finisher for someone who has not got a great scoring record. Looked sharp and quick. Has given Big Bob a (nice) selection headache.
    Buyens 8 Impressive Valley debut. Prodigious workrate, and never stopped moving. Keeps the ball moving, and doesn't mind putting his foot in. Probably our penalty taker this season.
    Cousins 7.5 perhaps not as visually impressive as Buyens, but showed his power, and aerial ability. Got stronger as the game wore on.
    Harriott 6 Bit of a Curate's egg of a performance. Especially after the sending off, the game was crying out for someone to runm at the opposition, but for some reason Callum seemed loath to do it. Is BP's passing game affecting the way he plays.
    Moussa 6 I think he may have been trying too hard. Has very good vision, and has an assist. I think there's a good playe in there, but is just coming back from injury.
    Tucudean 6 I think some supporters are missing something with George. He is obviously nowhere near match fit, and is carrying too much timber. (Remember what Yann used to be like at the start of the season?) BUT, his 1st touch and vision are sublime. No evidence that he is that good in the air, but with BP's vision of the way we should be playing, that may not be a bad thing. BP is also giving plenty of minutes to try to get him to match fitness. Could be a big player for us this year.

Vetokele 6 I was desperate for him to get a decent chance. Quick, and prepared to do the dirty work. Very impressive cameo.
    Gudmundsson n/a (only played 29 minutes) no mark, but, boy, has he got a wand of a left foot!
    Church n/a Turned up when and where he was required.
  • Options
    Henderson 7
    Gomez 6.5
    Fox 6.5
    Bikey 7.5
    Morrison 7.5
    Wilson 8
    Buyens 7
    Cousins 7
    Harriott 6
    Moussa 6
    Tucudean 6

Vetokele 6
    Church n/a
  • Options
    Henderson 7
    Gomez 7
    Fox 7
    Bikey 8
    Morrison 8
    Wilson 8.5
    Buyens 7
    Cousins 6
    Harriott 6
    Moussa 6