Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Travel to Derby

I am thinking seriously about going to the capital one cup game against derby,

Just look at the train times its saying its about 2 and a half hours, does anyone know roughly about Valley Express as I have never used it before, as in what time it is likely to leave and where from

Comments

• Options
    It's only about an hour & forty journey from St Pancras, but you won't get back that night (unless you leave at 9pm!!)

There's a few hotels between the station & the ground.
  • Options
    I reckon coaches would leave at about 3pm. I think they’d allow 3 hours for the journey plus a stop. Check the official site for all away day pick up points, Huddersfield's stops will be the same.

Not many will go so it may be only one coach – if you’re going from Dartford this will mean a long route back via the Blackwall Tunnel and Charlton, Bexleyheath, etc. The return trip is usually a lot quicker, mind.
  • Options

Just look at the train times its saying its about 2 and a half hours, does anyone know roughly about Valley Express as I have never used it before, as in what time it is likely to leave and where from

There is an excellent Travelodge literally opposite the ground. I have stayed there many times - indeed I was there last w/e and took in the Derby v Rotherham game. Journey time by car 3 hrs. on a good day.
  • Options

Where do you live Paulie? I think there will be a reduced valley away service for this one.
  • Options

Where do you live Paulie? I think there will be a reduced valley away service for this one.
    Live in Thamesmead, but don't finish work till 5:30 based on whats being said I might unfortunately have to give it a miss
  • Options
    Heard you could walk it in 6 hours Paulie
  • Options

Live in Thamesmead, but don't finish work till 5:30 based on whats being said I might unfortunately have to give it a miss
    Do you work in London ? If so you might make it by train if your boss lets you knock off early.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Do you work in London ? If so you might make it by train if your boss lets you knock off early.
    Na it will take me about 45 minutes to get up to St Pancras
  • Options
    Just out of interest this is not a dig honest but was you really expecting to get to Derby in less then two hours on the coach at rush hour prob even less time once you got to the pick up point from work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe he thought it was A derby?
  • Options

erm, yeah, you may have to mate (unless you want to go there just for extra time and penalties).
  • Options

erm, yeah, you may have to mate (unless you want to go there just for extra time and penalties).
    It was mainly In hope someone could give me a quicker train route, I guessed VE would leave far to early for me, but fort leaving at 5:30 if I could do it in 2 hours I could get there for 7:30
  • Options
    Derby charging £5 ST and £7 non ST for our game. Anyone know what it is for us?
  • Options

se9addick said:

Na it will take me about 45 minutes to get up to St Pancras
    Putting this politely, you are not expecting to get to St Pancras until 18.15 and are still considering going to the game.
    I take it you are not aware of how far Derby is from London?
  • Options

Probably the same
  • Options
    seems very reasonable of them, more to spend in the Brunswick.
  • Options

It was mainly In hope someone could give me a quicker train route, I guessed VE would leave far to early for me, but fort leaving at 5:30 if I could do it in 2 hours I could get there for 7:30
    East Midlands Airport isn't too far
  • Options

Probably the same
    But I don't have a Derby ST...........
  • Options
    Tuesday 26th confirmed on the Derby site, nothing confirmed on ours.