Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Complementary tickets for Wigan match....

For those that did not renew your season ticket for 2014/15 have been sent a complementary ticket for the Wigan match. As I fall into this category but already purchased a ticket I was wondering whether any unused tickets would count towards the attendance figures on Saturday?

Comments

• Options
    Yep, for tax reasons they official attendance is tickets sold/ given away for free... I remember the day we went down last, official was around 15k, actual was something like 11
  • Options
    My son got sent one, he's gone right off football and I can't get him to go. So my daughter's going to see which of her friends are up for it.
  • Options
    Why don't you take the ticket back that you paid for and say that you now can't use it?
  • Options
    Is this going to be a spares thread? :-O
  • Options
    I could do with a spare adult ticket if anyone has one please?
  • Options
    Like a lot of fans i guess, we moved stands for this season and the club seems to think we havent renewed because we didnt buy our old seat and therefore it keeps sending notes about renewing...reading this thread it seems possible that we could have been sent a couple of tickets for the wigan game which would be a double shame because there's nobody home and wont be before saturdays match...still it will give those A block chaps a chance to sit somewhere else when they get theirs
  • Options

Like a lot of fans i guess, we moved stands for this season and the club seems to think we havent renewed because we didnt buy our old seat and therefore it keeps sending notes about renewing...reading this thread it seems possible that we could have been sent a couple of tickets for the wigan game which would be a double shame because there's nobody home and wont be before saturdays match...still it will give those A block chaps a chance to sit somewhere else when they get theirs

What's your address ?
  • Options

I could do with a spare adult ticket if anyone has one please?

You are most welcome to my ticket. I'd much prefer someone using it than an empty seat. PM your address and I will put it in the post tomorrow - hopefully you still have post delivered on saturday?

• Options
    Thats a bit off - they havnt sent me any !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If anyone has a spare ticket for the girlfriend then it would be most appreciated. Treating her to a birthday visit to the valley. Isn't she lucky
  • Options
    Gutted I can't go got free tickets for something else!
  • Options
    I was going to buy on the door but if anyone wants to stop theirs being printed unnecessarily, I'll be happy to take it. Drinks can be offered in return!
  • Options

If anyone has a spare ticket for the girlfriend then it would be most appreciated. Treating her to a birthday visit to the valley. Isn't she lucky

I fear for this relationship jaaaaay
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Frustratingly I bought a ticket for my other half to sit next to me... When it arrived she was about 10 rows back

Have just phoned the club and its because the Complementaries have been given the free seats (i.e. seats that dont have Season Ticket Holders) in the first six rows of the East Stand (at least)... thanks bloody much, means I cant sit with who I want just because Im the only one with the Season Ticket!!
  • Options

A free ticket for her birthday? How has she not proposed to you already?

Or how have you not proposed to her, if she's happy with that!
  • Options
    you will be able to sit with him/her just not in your usual seat. there will be plenty of spare seats around.
  • Options

Frustratingly I bought a ticket for my other half to sit next to me... When it arrived she was about 10 rows back

Have just phoned the club and its because the Complementaries have been given the free seats (i.e. seats that dont have Season Ticket Holders) in the first six rows of the East Stand (at least)... thanks bloody much, means I cant sit with who I want just because Im the only one with the Season Ticket!!

I think this is gods way of saying don't ever take your Mrs to footy!
  • Options

2 tickets? Upper north
  • Options

2 tickets? Upper north
    You want to go or you can't go? Offering tickets or asking for tickets? More precision please, and sorry I can't help beyond that..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't bother buying a ticket as they promised me a free one, then they dont bloody send me one!

Peeters out, sack the board etc etc
  • Options
    Sorry bit late but had 2
  • Options

Didn't bother buying a ticket as they promised me a free one, then they dont bloody send me one!

Peeters out, sack the board etc etc

Lol, same
  • Options
    Question: I started following Charlton a couple of months ago. Since it's rather easy catching a plane from Antwerp to London City airport ( I saw it's nearby the Valley) I'm now wondering if usually some tickets remain available. Or ... is everything really sold out at most times ? If so ... well there's always a plan B ...
  • Options
    skywalker said:

Question: I started following Charlton a couple of months ago. Since it's rather easy catching a plane from Antwerp to London City airport ( I saw it's nearby the Valley) I'm now wondering if usually some tickets remain available. Or ... is everything really sold out at most times ? If so ... well there's always a plan B ...

You should generally be safe enough buying on the day, alternatively you can buy them online and collect them at the Valley.

Away matches can often be trickier to get tickets for, as well we matches that are deemed risky; I.e Millwall. They're the only times you need to show that you've been previously as far as I know.

From London City Airport transport should be easy enough too, I'm sure someone can give you the best route - but if you wanted to do something different you could get the DLR a couple of stops and then the cable car to the O2, and it's a short bus ride from there.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. If someone has some tips on nice hotels, motels, etc ... also welcome ...
  • Options
    .Stay in Greenwich..soak up the local atmosphere on matchday

Usual selection of chain hotels but google Devere Devonport House..was impressed by that place and its got a bit of charavter
  • Options
    Skywalker, check out this thread- http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1253437#Comment_1253437

Lookout's link to AirBnB in there too.
  • Options
    skywalker said:

Use the force Luke.............