Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Related Holiday Tat

edited August 2014 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
Earlier this week on a day trip to Marmaris, I shelled out 10 Euros for a Charlton badge hand painted onto a lump of tin foil. Even as I was handing the money over I couldn't help but think that I could do better myself and more cheaply too. But there's something compulsive about seeing Charlton stuff and so I just had to buy it. Anyone else bought this sort of tat before? Descriptions and (better still) photos, appreciated.

Foil-1

Comments

• I bought a mint coloured Charlton key ring from Butlins Bognor Regis when I was there on a school residential trip in 1984
  • I picked up a Charlton badge from a boot fair once. It was made from some sort of plastic resin stuff, but really quite good. I noticed it was almost exactly the same size as the VW badge on my car at the time, so I replaced it with the charlton one.

Only drove to one home game before some bastard prised it off and had it away...................
  • Bought some Charlton sweat bands in a sports shop on Southampton. They were rubbish and I had no use for them, but too random to turn down.
  • When I had a fellow Addick out here in Prague with me, in the Prem days, he told me he'd come across a Charlton matruska doll set on sale in the old town. Featured Claus Jensen and JJ, don't know who else they caricatured.
  • When I had a fellow Addick out here in Prague with me, in the Prem days, he told me he'd come across a Charlton matruska doll set on sale in the old town. Featured Claus Jensen and JJ, don't know who else they caricatured.

I believe it was a set of 4 and Euell was the other.

I saw those in Prague a couple of years back but they were something like £25 so I didn't bother, was very tempted though
  • Was in Menorca last week at a market in Ciutadella. They had a (real) shark's tooth with a Charlton badge on it! Looked very dated. Didn't buy it and now regret it....
  • Sponsored links:

• I think that was the same night my mate managed to break his bed as it goes.
  • Socks and short combo
  • When I went to Budapest there was a cheap football shirts shop attached to one of the baths. The bloke there was absolutely nuts and he'd collected a load of official shirts he'd somehow acquired over the years. Alongside the Ferencvaros shirts there were all that season's Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City shirts along with Barca, Real, Bayern Munich etc. None of them knock-offs which was surprising based on what you usually get in those sorts of gift shops. There were also some classic Arsenal and United shirts from the 90s. Alongside it all, for reasons that I still don't understand and the bloke couldn't explain there was the stripy blue Charlton away shirt we had in 2007. Seahawk and denim or something. The bloke couldn't even remember where he got it but he kindly explained to me who Charlton Athletic is and seemed confused when I said I didn't want to buy it as I already owned it. I'm still mystified by how and why he had hold of it, but less surprised he hadn't sold it yet. It's probably still there now.
  • cafctom said:

On a lads' holiday in Zante four years ago I went into a football merchandise shop on the main strip called The Old Wembley. Absolutely pissed, I walked out of there with a fake Panithinaikos shirt and a Charlton hat.

And here I am pissed out my face singing Charlton songs later that night!

That's not you Tom, that's a young Bob Peeters!
  • fake shirt but a proper hat then?
  • edited August 2014

When I had a fellow Addick out here in Prague with me, in the Prem days, he told me he'd come across a Charlton matruska doll set on sale in the old town. Featured Claus Jensen and JJ, don't know who else they caricatured.

I saw those in Prague a couple of years back but they were something like £25 so I didn't bother, was very tempted though
    I bought a set of those when I was in Prague a couple of years ago.

In descending order of size:
    Bailey
    Sam
    Hudson
    Gray
    Holland

All wearing their smart Joma shirts with Carbrini Sportswear as sponsors.

As I work for Mercedes there`s two sets of stuff I can`t resist buying: Charlton and Mercedes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't you just nick the Mercedes stuff?

I was in Prague just last month and saw the set! Had to shake the blokes hand who ran the shop was so chuffed to see them.
  • Shag said:

Single beds are a bit close together for a 'lads' holiday ...

Post of the year!

I was in Prague just last month and saw the set! Had to shake the blokes hand who ran the shop was so chuffed to see them.
    I am the proud owner of the Jensen, Euell, Johansson and Kiely set. Bought in Prague in 2004.
  • cafctom said:

On a lads' holiday in Zante four years ago I went into a football merchandise shop on the main strip called The Old Wembley. Absolutely pissed, I walked out of there with a fake Panithinaikos shirt and a Charlton hat.

And here I am pissed out my face singing Charlton songs later that night!

Is that a Group 4 tag on your ankle there?

Right, I'm going to go down and tell them they need to have an authentic new set

Thuram/Nego/Reza/Tucudean/Church. And each in the colours of a different team in the network , thus increasing the customer appeal by 500%.

• If you wanna know what happened next - my Millwall mate's fat arse smashed straight through the bed. Wasn't sharing mine though.

• Hold on Tom.......Lads alone holiday, beds pushed together, bed broken by some rough action.............I'd quit whilst you're ahead mate.