Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kell Brook v Shaun Porter

Anyone staying up to watch this one?

Really hoping Kell can pull of an upset and take the world title back to the UK. Does anyone know much about Porter? I know he is very highly rated in the US and has a good record but not seen him fight.

Predictions?

You can get decent odds on kell winning so considering going big!

Comments

• Options
    Going to.be a very hard night for kell
  • Options
    His last two fights he has been excellent. Beat Devon Alexander on points and demolished Paulie Malinaggi.

Whoever handles the occasion will win thr fight. Its 50/50.
  • Options
    Porter is over rate for beating an old malignaggi but is a good fighter who looks like he on peds. Where did this power suddenly come from? Before his last fight he had not shown it. Brook round 8/9 for me.
  • Options

Anyone staying up to watch this one?

Really hoping Kell can pull of an upset and take the world title back to the UK. Does anyone know much about Porter? I know he is very highly rated in the US and has a good record but not seen him fight.

Predictions?

You can get decent odds on kell winning so considering going big!

I wouldn't go big at all but worth a go at 5/1 for ko imo
  • Options
    Kell has to KO to win. Never winning on points in the states
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Surprised at the Kells purse for this fight. $200k would have expected more to be honest

This is a real 50/50. Both can whack so could see either winning by ko
    I really hope Kell can do it.

Bring that title back Kell

I'm gonna go for Brook late on round 9 or 10
  • Options
    Kell clearly has talent but no one really knows if he can fight at world level as he has never fought anyone at that level. Agree with Allez Les addicks Kell will need a stoppage as getting a points decision away from home is a tough one especially as the challenger.

Porter to win on a contentious points decision with Kell starting slowly, making head way in the second half of the fight but leaving it just too late.

Hope he proves me wrong. Come on Kell!!
  • Options
    oh, its boxing..............yawn. reading the title I thought it was a scrap between Kelly Brook & Dawn Porter. Now that I would stay up to watch.
  • Options
    I like Kel, but think he will be outgunned. Good on him for taking an away fixture against a top yank, shame more Brits don't take the the real fights
  • Options
    As much as I want Kell to win I think Porter will prove too strong!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think kell needs to keep porter on the outside, providing he does this I think kell will stroll to victory!

The only Brit I have seen that times his punches aswell as kell is Lennox Lewis!
  • Options
    Kell has absolutely no chance.

Happy to eat my words if wrong but Porter looks a class above.
  • Options

Surprised at the Kells purse for this fight. $200k would have expected more to be honest

This is a real 50/50. Both can whack so could see either winning by ko
    I really hope Kell can do it.

Bring that title back Kell

I'm gonna go for Brook late on round 9 or 10

Kell will get more from Sky tv - the declared amount is just what the US tax man gets his cut from, so the bit from Golden Boy for tickets basically.

Callum Smith and Luke Campbell are technically earning $140 for their fights for the same reason. That's the cost of getting a license to box in the states, so technically they are doing it for free (and that's before air flights, hotels etc).
  • Options
    Yeah, Sky will pay too I know.

Similar to Brian Rose last month fighting in NY for a world title and getting $70k
  • Options
    Still can't work out who will win this one, I think kel one min then Shaun the next

I think Kell can be hit as he leaves his chin out but Shaun doesn't do well with quick boxers and Kell is not an ideal match up for him

Hate saying it but Shaun to win
  • Options
    Porter has at least been in (and won) against good quality opposition such as Devon Alexander and Malignaggi (who has a very good chin that was destroyed),

Brook hasn't been in with anyone, Senchenko is a good fighter at a push (knocked out by Malignaggi's feather punches a year before Brook).
  • Options
    Hard to say because we haven't seen Brook up against anyone of this calibre. As long as he gives a good account of himself and shows he belongs at this level then I'll be happy.

Would love Kell to do it, but my money is on Porter.
  • Options
    Brook v Khan whatever happens
  • Options
    If Brook boxes behind a very good jab he has he has a chance. If he doesn't he will get stopped probably quite brutally. He doesn't do the weight well and is an enormous welter. Saying that, porter looks huge at the weight too.

Porter to win in all likelihood but I'd love kell to shock me
  • Options
    JT said:

Brook v Khan whatever happens

I think Kell needs to win this to get that fight, Khan sees himself being as good as Mayweather and wouldn't take it unless there was a title to be won.

Another twist could be if Kell wins this belt, he just refuses to fight Khan and leaves him out in the wilderness because he dislikes him so much, and would prefer to not give him a payday.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    True. But Khan can't rely on Mayweather in the very near future
  • Options
    Kell to win in round 4
  • Options
    There is no way khan will fight brook if he loses this one!

Absolutely buzzing for the fight now!

Also looking forward to seeing deontay wilder knocking someone out in first round! Be good ro
  • Options
    Time it due to start watching it now, not sure I'll last to the 4am I have a feeling someone's going to tell me!
  • Options
    Was gonna tape it & watch it in the morning. Made the mistake of starting to watch the undercard. Now I'm buzzing for it & will probably stay up. Could be an absolute cracker. I expect porter to be too so much for kell but would love to be proved wrong
  • Options
    Will be absolutely delighted if Kell wins. I'll try not to make too much noise during the fight and wake the family up!

Come on Special K.
  • Options
    Blimey that was some scrap that one.
  • Options
    Referee is a bit busy in this one! Looking like a good fight tho
  • Options

Referee is a bit busy in this one! Looking like a good fight tho

Doing my nut in. It's like he's trying to coach a sparring session in the gym.
  • Options
    I wish he would just let them fight! He is ruining the fight