Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best kids tablet for apps?

Any recommendations, purely for playing games/apps, best android that mirrors ipad apps, but NOT ipad

Many thanks

Comments

• Options
    Kindle Fire HD
  • Options
    Why not iPad? Each to their own but the iPad is a fab piece of kit. I was very anti-apple until I got one myself.
  • Options
    Google Nexus
  • Options
    iPad all the way
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited August 2014
    JohnBoyUK said:

Why not iPad? Each to their own but the iPad is a fab piece of kit. I was very anti-apple until I got one myself.

Not anti iPad, have one myself and iPhone, and love it, my son is coming upto two and is picking up very fast how to open my ipad and open apps etc and play games, but he has a habit of throwing things when he is done with it, so rather than risk my expensive ipad, I want to get him a reasonably priced tablet that will do the majority of apps & games and I wont fret (too much) if he breaks the screen, dribbles on it or dips it into his cereal.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

A £300-400 bit of kit in the hands of a toddler would put me on edge a little.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Not anti iPad, have one myself and iPhone, and love it, my son is coming upto two and is picking up very fast how to open my ipad and open apps etc and play games, but he has a habit of throwing things when he is done with it, so rather than risk my expensive ipad, I want to get him a reasonably priced tablet that will do the majority of apps & games and I wont fret (too much) if he breaks the screen, dribbles on it or dips it into his cereal.
    Buy him a toy car?

• Options
    Get one of the industrial cases for it, you can practically drive over one and it will work fine after.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Fair enough. I was nervous about buying my then 7yo an iPad but I got one of the hard cases and she really has looked after it. But then again, if anything does go wrong with an iPad, you've always got the apple aftercare to fall back on. Buy it from John Lewis and they throw in a further 2 year warranty on top of the 1yr apple warranty.

If the new innotab range runs an Android OS then I'd go down that line. I wouldnt go for a Nexus as the screens are really fragile.
  • Options