Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Charlton v Wigan

124»

Comments

• Henderson 6 Some dodgy handling, and should have done better for the goal.
    Solly 6.5 Steady. Not quite the Solly we're used to. Perhaps the inability to play 2 games a week has affected his consistency.
    Wiggins 5 Possibly his worst game in a Charlton shirt. Done up like a kipper for the goal, and poor distribution throughout. The slow decline of Cousins as an attacking force was down to him having to do more defensively.
    Bikey 8 Another brutal performance by Andre the Giant. Colossal and composed in equal measure. The only person that could take him out was his own goalkeeper.
    Ben Haim 8 So assured for a centre back. Comfortable on the ball, and happy with physical side of the game.
    Gudmudsson 7 Looks a good option. Can play all across the midfield. Not quite as imposing as he was on Tuesday, but the quality of the opposition must be taken into account.
    Buyens 9 Now, there is no such thing as a 10 score, but Yoni came very close in the first half. Ran out of steam in the second half, which is not surprising as he got to know every blade of grass by name. Metronomic performance.
    Jackson 5.5 Mainly invisible, as Buyens ran the show. Good decision by Big Bob to replace him with Wilson, as it allowed Cousins to move into the centre, and help a tiring Buyens.
    Cousins 7 Some on here were criticising his shooting last season. Early contender for goal of the season. Good move putting him into the centre to support Buyens.
    Vetokele 6.5 There is something about Igor, that makes me think he will be a good player for us. Has pace and determination. In his one-on-one with the keeper, at least he made Carson work, and got into that position on his own ability.
    Tucadean 6 Glad the Bob is giving him the mnutes to get match fit. Clearly has has the brain and skill
    Moussa
  • Henderson 6- couple of mistakes today- feel will come good
    Solly 7- usual solid display, this guy is a natural
    Wiggins 5- poor first half- weak link that wigan to advantage- second half a lot better- jury is out on him
    Bikey 8 MOM- really good display- confiden,t links well with ben haim
    Ben Haim 7.5 - good performance- good passing
    Gudmudsson 6.5- average game, some good passing. Needs to get more involved, but will be good
    Buyens 6.5- needs to be quicker when receiving the ball- but will come good- nice touches
    Jackson- 5.5 just seemed to be running all game and not connecting- passed his best ?
    Cousins- 7.5 great first half, quiet in second, but good player- will be really good this season
    Vetokele-7- will be good, always alert. Good save by carson to deny him
    Tucadean- 5.5- did not do much, looks frustrated

Moussa- 7.5- opened the game up, looks a good addition
    Wilson- 7- also, opened the game up a bit
    Pope 6- not a lot to do, but looked confident in catching and crosses
  • Henderson 6
    Solly 7.5
    Wiggins 5
    Bikey 7.5
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmudsson 6.5
    Buyens 8
    Jackson 6
    Cousins 7
    Vetokele 6
    Tucdean 5
    Moussa 6

• Henderson 6 - perhaps his injury was an older one flaring up - would explain a lot
    Solly -7 - Solly is Solly, he always is and always will be
    Wiggins - 5 Was he poor or up against a top quality winger? Probably a bit of both
    Bikey - 8 - Like Sam Sodje with a brain, and no gambling habit
    Ben Haim - 7 better than against Brentford, I love Morro but can't break up this pairing on sentiment
    Gudmudsson 6.5 Drifts in and out too much for me
    Buyens - 7.5 - wins the ball well but does tend to get caught on it sometimes
    Jackson - 5 I only noticed he was playing when his number came up to be subbed
    Cousins 7.5 - for a non-winger, plays bloody well on the wing
    Vetokele - 7 worried an experienced, quality defence. Feed the Ig, and he will score
    Tucdean - 6- good ideas, shame about the execution. Hopefully will improve over time
  • Henderson 6
    Solly 7
    Wiggins 6
    Bikey 7.5
    Ben Haim 7.5
    Gudmudsson 7.5
    Buyens 8
    Jackson 6
    Cousins 7.5
    Vetokele 7
    Tucdean 6.5
    Moussa 7
  • Henderson 6 - distribution not great.
    Solly 7.5 Solly-esque
    Wiggins 6 beaten by Macmanaman but improved.
    Bikey 7.5 I like him already
    Ben Haim 7 assured
    Gudmudsson 7 some very nice balls across the park. I think we will see more from him
    Buyens 6.5 not getting the love for him, I thought he misplaced quite a few and didn't look particularly confident. I'm not making up my mind just yet though
    Jackson 6 largely anonymous
    Cousins 7.5 excellent goal and wasactive and getting in the way a lot
    Vetokele 7 didn't see much of him first half,but improved
    Tucdean 6 same as Vetokele but was taken off so no room for improvement
    Moussa 7 seemed very up for it.

Pope n/a (29 minutes on the pitch) - I'd have marked him 7.5 - very assured.
    Wilson n/a
  • Henderson - 7
    Solly - 7.5
    Wiggins - 6.5
    Bikey - 7.5
    Ben Haim - 7
    Gudmudsson - 7.5
    Buyens - 7.5
    Jackson - 7
    Cousins - 7.5
    Vetokele - 7
    Tucdean - 6.5
    Moussa - 7
  • Henderson 6 Looks competent ,slightly worried that he has a bad injury record.
    Solly 7 Looked good as always .Hope he can play Tuesday.
    Wiggins 5 Slightly concerned about him fitness wise. Does not appear to be the same player as 2 years ago.
    Bikey 8 A real presence at the back.
    Ben Haim 8 Links up well with Bikey . It is early days but I think they are possibly our best central defensive partnership since the Premiership
    Gudmundsson 7 Creativity led to the first goal . Very good start to his Charlton career.
    Buyens 7 Showed leadership , think he will be a crowd favourite.
    Jackson 6 I like Jacko ,but even I accept we looked better when he was subbed . Still a valuable squad member if not guaranteed starter.
    Cousins 8.5 MOTM extra point for a superb goal . We looked better once he moved inside.
    Vetokele 7 Looked lively at times
    Tucadean 6 Some good touches

Moussa 7 Met his cousin in my local newsagents yesterday. Clearly that was a good omen.

Pope Would like to see him given a chance if Hendo is injured.
    Wilson We looked better when he came on.
  • Henderson - 5.5 poor for the goal & distribution
    Solly - 7 good game, got forward well
    Wiggins - 5.5 at fault for the goal, but did at least recover & a little more assured in 2nd
    Bikey - 8 excellent...who, in their right mind, is gonna argue with this fella
    Ben Haim - 7.5 assured & composed
    Gudmudsson 7.5 really like his great passing
    Buyens - 7.5 quietly running the defensive midfield stuff
    Jackson - 6.5 trying hard, right time to sub him
    Cousins - 7.5 stunning goal,
    Vetokele - 6.5 busy and energetic
    Tucdean - 6 still not convinced. A little lightweight.
    Moussa - 6.5 got involved straight away. Wonderful, lucky goal

Pope n/a (29 minutes on the pitch) - 6.5 loved him taking out the two Wigan players (and, God knows how) Bikey!!!)
    Wilson n/a
  • Henderson 6 - not particularly assured with his kicks
    Solly 7.5 - normal neat and assured play
    Wiggins 6 - poor first half - better second but still not at his best
    Bikey 9 - beast of a man - brilliant
    Ben Haim 8 - assured
    Gudmundsson 7.5 - livewire
    Jackson 6.5 - worked hard - ran out of steam
    Buyens 8.5 - real quality. Bossed midfield in first half. A little more subdued as Jackson tired in the second. 
    Cousins 8 - Great goal - a versatile performance
    Vetokele 7.5 - worked really hard - shame he missed the chance he carved out for himself
    Tucdean 7 - interesting performance full of promise but just miss fired. He will be better

Pope 6 - good handling - looks far too young 
    Wilson 6 - like to see him starting.

Big Bob - 9 ( would have been a 10 if he had chinned Rosler) trainee legend after 3 games :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Henderson-----5
    Solly------7
    TBH-------7
    Bikey-----7.5
    Wiggins----5
    Gudmunson---7
    Buyens----7.5
    Cousins----7.5
    Jackson----6
    Vetokele---6
    Tucdean---6
  • Henderson - 6
    Solly - 7
    Wiggins - 6
    Bikey - 7.5
    Ben Haim - 7
    Gudmudsson - 7
    Buyens - 7.5
    Jackson - 6
    Cousins - 8
    Vetokele - 6.5
    Tucudean - 6
    Moussa - 6.5
  • Henderson - 6: nearly put us in trouble with a few dodgy kicks but not much to do. Not watched the highlights yet but I didn't feel he was at fault for the goal.
    Solly - 7: played within himself and was very solid.
    Wiggins - 5: had a torrid first half but, in mitigation, he was probably up against the best winger in the division and the start of his pre-season was disrupted by his injury. Improved in the second half.
    Bikey - 7.5: dominant performance.
    Ben Haim - 8: exceptional reading of the game and used the ball very well.
    Gudmudsson - 6.5: some good moments. Tends to drift in and out of games but will make a difference for us.
    Buyens - 8.5: MOM. He was exceptional - always available to team mates, moved the ball well and consistently broke up Wigan's play.
    Jackson - 5: fairly anonymous and the game largely passed him by.
    Cousins - 7: another strong performance and a lovely strike. We need him in the middle.
    Vetokele - 6.5: didn't see much of the ball but he can self-create and has blistering pace.
    Tucdean - 5.5: a few good touches and flicks but a little too easily brushed off the ball and generally wants a bit too much time.
    Moussa - 6: some nice touches and looks a tricky player.
  • edited August 2014
    Henderson 6
    Solly 7
    Wiggins 5
    Bikey 7.5
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmudsson 6.5
    Buyens 7.5 MOM
    Jackson 6
    Cousins 7
    Vetokele 7
    Tucdean 6
    Moussa 7 Extra point for the winner
  • Henderson 5.5 Not at fault for the goal. Nothing to save directly, but poor distribution
    Solly 7.5 Tenacious as ever
    Wiggins 4 He probably won't face another winger as good as McManaman this season, but he also made mistakes when not under pressure.
    Bikey 8 Immense. Presumably the club now saves on the storage costs for Hasselbaink's shorts. Amusing to watch forwards trying to decide whether to go round or through him. Could have got across quicker to cover Wiggins for the goal.
    Ben Haim 8.5 Excellent leadership, & hardly put a foot wrong. I can now see why BP brought him in as only the second player over 30 at the club.
    Gudmudsson 7 Good passing. All the midfielders need to narrow the gaps to the others to win some second balls.
    Buyens 7 Busy; needs a better first touch. See above.
    Jackson 5.5 Helped us keep a good shape, but slow. See above.
    Cousins 7.5 Great goal. Comfortable cutting in from the left.
    Vetokele 8 I like his strength and pace. Pity that Carson saved the one on one. Needs to get closer to his strike partner.
    Tucdean 5 Some nice touches and flicks, but wanted more time than Wigan were willing to give him.
    Moussa 7 One air shot that was worse than Harriot's miss last week. Good to see someone so willing to shoot though.

Pope n/a (29 minutes on the pitch) Slow distribution, even before we were winning, but probably just making sure he didn't start with a mistake. Looks like he should be the No.1.
    Wilson n/a

Ref (D'Urso) 3 Needs to learn to recognise dives, fouls and fair tackles. Wigan players seemed to know what they could get away with though.
  • Gudmudsson-5 (not been impressed so far, came with so much hype, hope its just the settling in period)

one of our best players on sat! i was very impressed!
  • Henderson - 6
    Solly - 7
    Wiggins - 6
    Bikey - 6
    Ben Haim - 6
    Gudmudsson - 6
    Buyens - 8
    Jackson - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Vetokele - 6
    Tucdean - 6
    Moussa - 6
  • pshrimpt said:

Henderson - 6
    Solly - 7
    Wiggins - 6
    Bikey - 6
    Ben Haim - 6
    Gudmudsson - 6
    Buyens - 8
    Jackson - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Vetokele - 6
    Tucdean - 6
    Moussa - 6

How can you possibly rate TBH Bikey the same as Jackson ?
  • Henderson 5
    Solly 7
    Wiggins 5.5
    Bikey 7.5
    Ben Haim 7
    Gudmudsson 6.5
    Buyens 7
    Jackson 6
    Cousins 8
    Vetokele 7
    Tucdean 6.5
    Moussa 6.5
  • Henderson - 5
    Solly - 7
    Wiggins - 5
    Bikey - 8
    Ben Haim - 8
    Gudmudsson - 7
    Buyens - 8
    Jackson - 5
    Cousins - 8
    Vetokele - 7
    Tucdean - 6
    Moussa - 7
  • Sponsored links:

• Henderson 6
    Solly 7
    Wiggins 7
    Bikey 8
    Ben Haim 8
    Gudmudsson 7
    Buyens 7.5
    Jackson 6
    Cousins 7.5
    Vetokele 6.5
    Tucdean 6
    Moussa 7

Pope n/a (29 minutes on the pitch) Nice assured handling and one exceptional kick.
    Wilson n/a
  • edited August 2014
    Henderson - 6
    Solly - 6 Neither full back appeared to be at their best
    Wiggins - 6
    Bikey - 7.5
    Ben Haim - 7
    Gudmudsson - 7
    Buyens - 8 MOM
    Jackson - 7
    Cousins - 7.5
    Vetokele - 7
    Tucadean - 6
    Moussa - 7
  • Henderson - 5 - Look nervous, IMHO should have saved the goal.
    Solly - 7 Sollyesque
    Wiggins - 3 very poor game at fault for goal and some panic passing. Dunno if he's good enough for a prem challenge.
    Bikey - 8 Immense
    Ben Haim - 8 Immense
    Gudmudsson - 7 A good performance, looks a real find.
    Buyens - 9 - MOM was involved in everything, got stuck in - Box to Box - some slick passing. I like this bloke.
    Jackson - 6 - Hmm, I hate to say it but I think the team is better than JJ, we played much better when he went off.
    Cousins - 7 - Great goal, did not track back enough
    Vetokele - 7 - A tough afternoon, but never gave up, good assist for Moussa
    Tucdean - 7 - Good prospect, maybe needs to be fitter and get his he'd up when he has possession, helped set up Cousins goal.
    Moussa - 7 - Good debut, put himself about, good link up with Igor

Special Mention to Pope, I thought he was more commanding and confident than Henderson. 8/10 for smashing into two Wigan players.

BP - Gave it to that twat Rosler - 10/10
  • Henderson - 6
    Solly - 7
    Wiggins - 6
    Bikey - 7.5
    Ben Haim - 7.5
    Gudmudsson - 7
    Buyens - 7
    Jackson - 6
    Cousins - 7.5
    Vetokele - 7
    Tucdean - 7