Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Two classic away ends gone

Peterborough and Bristol City, as shown on the Football league show tonight. Good memories of both: Bristol City in particular (covered corner) which had a very low rake and i can only imagine was one of the best when full. The distinctiveness of an away end was a key feature of the classic away days of a bygone age. Doubt anything more than a bland plastic bucket will replace these so thought it worth noting their passing.

Comments

• Options
    Stood on both of those terraces over the years - RIP.
  • Options

Peterborough and Bristol City, as shown on the Football league show tonight. Good memories of both: Bristol City in particular which had a very low rake and i can only imagine was one of the best when full. The distinctiveness of an away end was a key feature of the classic away days of a bygone age. Doubt anything more than a bland plastic bucket will replace these so thought it worth noting their passing.

I'm sure I read somewhwere Bristol council has approved "bench seating" for their away end when it's built? (maybe I dreamt it?)
  • Options
    There's still the Jimmy Seed stand. We really do spoil our visitors..............