Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pope looking to make most of Charlton opportunity

Comments

• Options
    Pope produced a fine piece of goalkeeping towards the end when he punched away a Wigan free-kick, flattening two Latics players in the process and earning himself a new nickname in the dressing room.

“A few lads said they didn’t know I was a terminator,” he laughed.

Almost terminated Bikey as well
  • Options
    Always healthy for any player to be snapping at the heels of those being picked as first choice. Pope proved he was up for it by getting out there and getting on with it.
  • Options
    Almost terminated BY Bikey dont you mean @Paulie8290... :) I doubt many would come off on top after a collision with that man mountain
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Almost terminated BY Bikey dont you mean @Paulie8290... :) I doubt many would come off on top after a collision with that man mountain

He was brave there hope he takes his chance tomorrow night. Digressing slightly on Bikey, I had to chuckle when one of the oppo decided to have a shoulder to shoulder contest with him 2nd half on the half way line. Only ever going to be one winner as he looked down at him afterwards as much to say 'You alright mate?' :-0
  • Options
    He looks good but he could really take less time to distribute the ball - he seemed to hang on to it forever before booting it long (usually to the head of a Wigan player)
  • Options
    Pope was unlucky not to be first choice this season, so deserves his chance