Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Car Problems - ABS Light + Not Starting Up - Long Trip to Creamfields this weekend..

Fiesta Style 07plate..

Never had any problems with my car since I got it 3 years ago.

Just came back from a week in Ibiza 2 days ago and turned the ignition. Made some sort of strange sound before the engine started running, noticed the ABS light was on, first time I have ever seen it.
Today I got in it and it wouldnt start, radio and windows working fine so assume its not the battery. Took 4 goes before it eventually started running.

Any ideas on both these issues? Never had a problem before and I have to drive to Liverpool this weekend. Also plan on selling the car in coming weeks so last thing I want, always been perfect since I had it.

Comments

• Spark plugs or ignition coils probably.

Although as its Creamfields, your car is probably trying to do your ears a favour and will work fine once the festival is safely over.
  • edited August 2014
    Radio and windows drain a lot less power than a starter motor. Might just need a good run to charge or possibly a new battery.
  • Can you get your battery tested ?
  • Did the spark plugs myself with a mate only 3/4 months ago

It's the ABS light that is worrying me the most. Or annoying me rather, dont like seeing the light on the dash every time I go to drive.
  • I'd agree with Covered End - both me and a mate had electrical problems with our cars which were sorted just by putting a new battery in. Modern motors rely on electronics so much.
  • MattD said:

Did the spark plugs myself with a mate only 3/4 months ago

It's the ABS light that is worrying me the most. Or annoying me rather, dont like seeing the light on the dash every time I go to drive.

Probably didn't use a left handed wrench
  • Saga Lout said:

I'd agree with Covered End - both me and a mate had electrical problems with our cars which were sorted just by putting a new battery in. Modern motors rely on electronics so much.

You should be looking around 13v for fully charged battery under 11v it probably won't start. Under 9v you'll just get dashboard lights. Borrow a meter from someone and have look.
  • Some cars will trigger ABS light if a tire is low, I'd check first.
  • edited August 2014
    Check the distilled water in the battery chambers first, if it has them. Happened to me couple weeks ago and that's all it was