Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnnie Jackson

I know there is the players marks thread but honestly cannot believe nobody had him as MOM (so far), I honestly thought he was immense tonight, prob one of his best games imo.

Just had to get that of my chest,

Comments

• Options
    MOM? Not quite but much improved tonight vs the weekend.

Glad to see.
  • Options
    He was excellant tonight.

Him and buylens have a excellant partnership
  • Options
    His tackling was spot on tonight, time after time...he was kinsella without having to cover every blade of grass...
  • Options
    I'm sure there were one or two players in the team that needed a few games to get back to full match sharpness.

Seems Jackson is back to his best after a slow start.
  • Options
    Agreed, he showed real desire for the full 90 and still looked fresh tbh
  • Options
    He was quality tonight. Set up the winner too.
  • Options
    To echo above he's now playing with decent players around him so probably feels he hasn't got to cover for them a la last season.
  • Options
    So nice to see. Those calling for him to be dropped were way off IMHO.
  • Options
    Jacko was pure class tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree he was immense, full of running tonight, hung a leg out to spoil things numerous times, did very well to set up Moussa/Vetokele early in the second half but the wrong one nicked it off the other. Must admit I wondered if we were carrying him a bit on Saturday. I should know better by now.
  • Options
    Was good, but still thought he was off pace compared to the rest of the team. Some great tackles but lacks the flair that I think we need in the middle with Buyens
  • Options
    Jacko does it regularly doesn't he? Some people write him off and then he comes back and reminds us what he is all about. He is popular not only because he is a great bloke, but he is a very good footballer.
  • Options
    Our midfield looks fantastic. The range of passing across all four of them is great to watch. Not to mention the fact that Buyens, Cousins and Jackson know how to dispossess opposition too. So many of our attacks tonight started from our midfielders cleanly taking the ball off Derby and springing counter attacks.
  • Options
    Outstanding performance tonight, always in the right place and tackles so hard that I could hear them from the North Upper.
  • Options
    Much much better tonight winning tackles and making blocks having more of an impact than the other games so far.

Said all along he fits in the team better when we play 4-5-1 which we did after Tucudean went off but would still question playing him in a 4-4-2.
  • Options
    BP needs to be smart how he uses JJ this year. He is going to start a lot of games and will come up with some big moments but there will be times where he will look tired and a step behind. We need to preserve his energy and fitness and that means being on the bench for certain select games. All the more reason to find a LW when cousin slides to the middle
  • Options

Much much better tonight winning tackles and making blocks having more of an impact than the other games so far.

Said all along he fits in the team better when we play 4-5-1 which we did after Tucudean went off but would still question playing him in a 4-4-2.

Didn't think it was a 451, Both halves really were 4-4-1-1/4-4-2 Second half as the first half except instead of George & Igor taking turns in dropping in in it was always Moussa. Difference 2nd half was we squeezed up not allowing them to play out from the goalkeeper.
  • Options
    Have always said that you write Jackson off at your peril... Doesnt have the legs but never has

Still had the footballing brain to run clear of the Derby defence whilst remaining onside

To be honest its simple... If Jackson had pace he (1) Wouldnt be with us (2) Would have had a Premier League career I reckon
  • Options
    Two seasons ago, people were writing him off:his legs have gone, can't cut it at this level etc.

Some people never learn.

When the legs go, the brain takes over, and he has a good one.

Still a fantastic player, still wearing the arm - band.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought the first two games bypassed him and felt it may be time to put him on the bench with cousins playing CM.

Glad to say he's proved me well and truely wrong. Absolute class last night both in the tackle and setting up the eventual winner.

No-one in the team I want to do better than Jacko as he is charlton

• Options
    I had him as MOM. When we had a bad spell at the end of the first half, he was there or thereabouts. In the second half, he held us together against a very good team.
  • Options
    He was my MOM. The desire and determination was fantastic!