Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A few players away from something special

edited August 2014 in General Charlton
Yes I'm getting ahead of myself, but are we a few players off of having a special team?

I would love to see us get:
- AA
- Left midfielder
- Delort

Then we really are looking like a very dangerous team.

Who would you lot like to see come in to make this team?

Comments

• Options
    Not AA,but I agree a left midfielder and a striker are vital.
  • Options
    Def need anothe striker - if George is crocked, then that's Churchie back in the squad...
  • Options
    Reckon we need two Strikers... at the moment weve Vetokele and Tucudean and then you've got Church and Pigott (Who I hate to say didnt really provide the goals last season so cant see them doing it this year either), only way we stand a chance of being a threat is by bringing in two goalscorers that we can rely on when Vetokele and Tucudean are out of form
  • Options
    AA couldn't live in this team, he be fooked in the first half of each game.
  • Options
    I think most teams in this division are a few players away really, another CM or Striker would be nice but I think we can be competitive enough with what we have. The Burnley midfield that played last night didn't look that great compared to ours.
  • Options
    Just give Bob some more time with this team. He'll get you guys in the Premiership ...
  • Options
    Another central midfielder and a striker would really help us keep up the quality over a 50 game season.

That's not to say I'm not happy with the business so far!!
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Last season we got Nego, Reza, PP, Thuram and Petrucci. This season it's Vetokele, JBG, Tucdean, Buyens, Bikey, TBH and Henderson.... I'm assuming we have replaced our scouts?! :)

Phil Chapple is still our head scout...perhaps Roland has decided it is worth listening to his opinion?
  • Options
    I woke up with a nagging thought this morning that won't go away. What happens if Vetokele picks up an injury? That, right now, seems to me the most pressing issue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A striker and a CM please, could maybe do with a left winger as well.
  • Options
    Looked like Vetokele had a muscle/hamstring injury at the end there. A lot of stretching of the right leg.
  • Options

Looked like Vetokele had a muscle/hamstring injury at the end there. A lot of stretching of the right leg.

Cramp?
  • Options
    Delort and a LM in and we're playoffs. Another top quality CM and who knows!
  • Options
    Teams have gone up with weaker squads than this one. Burnley last year for example.

Success in this league is more than just squad size. It is a 'anyone can beat anyone' type of division. The impact of confidence, momentum and good management are the most significant factors. So far we have seen all three of those put to good use.
  • Options
    Sometimes it just comes down to a match winner and luck. Even Palace got up with Murray and the luck of no injuries.

We have some very fine players who could be those match winners...
  • Options
    AA could do a "jobshare" (!) with Jackson and we certainly need Delort or another striker. Pope needs a chance but the Derbybfans were on his case so if Henderson not back soon then decisions need to be made...
    We have cover across the back as we saw with Gomez and Fox tonight...
    What I also saw were bookings and niggles... If we do anything in the cups we are playing 50 games in 30 weeks or 5 every 3 weeks so we are going to need bodies later on to cover for injuries and suspension.
    Let's see how it goes vs Huddersfield and Brighton... And I would duck the Derby game in the cup...unless there really is a war chest to bring in another three players!
  • Options
    43 more points to go
  • Options
    Really exciting to look forward to how this team is going to develop as it's still early days and we still haven't seen the best of some of the new players yet. After the last couple of seasons, I feel I should be content with staying out of the relegation dog fight but if we get two or three more players in, I think we could be in for a great season. Would like a left winger and a prolific goalscoring striker and perhaps a goalkeeper.