Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre-Match & HT Music etc

Sorry of this has been picked up in the match threads already. Pre-match and half time music is very noticeably quieter this season. Personally, I like this as I can actually speak to my mates without hollering in their ears. I think its also great that the atmosphere builds up naturally and is generated by the crowd itself rather than by thrashing electro-trash. I guess this is a conscious decision by the club (Glovepup?)

Comments

• edited August 2014
    A decision I have made, it's very hard to judge from up in my box as I cannot hear it myself. What doesn't help is in the North in particular no one can hear it, so some complain it's too loud while others say the opposite. The sound system needs an upgrade.

We have always tried to let the atmosphere build up naturally which is easily done when we are playing well, though you may have noticed a certain song just before kick off. I had tried Valley Floyd Road but it never took off.

Electro-trash? Not entirely sure as to what you are referring too as I tend to stay away from than as much as possible as the sound system is not quite cut out for it, but do remember there are many people in the stadium with many music tastes so the odd song will appear that you do not like ;-)

HTH
  • I'm not bothered about any other music, but would like RRR to be a little louder. I'd also like to hear the full verse-chorus combination before the chatter kicks in.
  • What happened to "Come On"? :-(

Media team asked for a change as they felt a new era a new song.
  • Stig said:

I'm not bothered about any other music, but would like RRR to be a little louder. I'd also like to hear the full verse-chorus combination before the chatter kicks in.

Where do you sit Stig? I am pretty sure I had it as loud as it could go without sounding distorted.
  • A request please Glovepup. I have always felt there is not enough Skiffle or at least something with spoons?
  • Glovepup said:

What happened to "Come On"? :-(

So will Stereophonics now be a regular thing? Seemed an odd choice but that's just my opinion.
  • Glovepup said:

So will Stereophonics now be a regular thing? Seemed an odd choice but that's just my opinion.
    Yeah it will for the time being, though I played Dakota last night as for some reason the other one would not play. Will be sorted for the next home game, with hindsight Dakota was not the best choice.
  • Obviously Red Red Robin as teams come out BUT

ALWAYS loved 'Ready to Go - Replubica to build a bit of atmosphere.

Ahhhhh memories
  • Sponsored links:

• Glovepup - if you did this job previously, why have you not been bulleted ? I thought everyone from the old guard got the elbow ?
  • Glovepup said:

Stig said:

I'm not bothered about any other music, but would like RRR to be a little louder. I'd also like to hear the full verse-chorus combination before the chatter kicks in.

Where do you sit Stig? I am pretty sure I had it as loud as it could go without sounding distorted.
    Thanks Glovepup, I'm in North Upper. Time for a new PA I think ;-)

Ahhhhh memories

Or My Favourite Game - The Cardigans....

Ahhhhh memories

Republica gets played regularly, its a classic.
  • Used to be just before KO in about 98/99/00

Always had the hairs on my neck going

Great times

My Mum is not happy that its gone.
  • Personally I love the music played just before kickoff , and I am so so happy that mull of kintyre is played just after red red robin! Think it's a great touch as seems to defiantly increase the atmosphere over in the easy stand!
  • Please bring back this @‌glovepup - it's a brilliant tune to build up to before the teams come out.

http://youtu.be/yuq8UAT-if8

• Glovepup out of curiosity what track was played after full time after the tunnel jumps? It's one of those songs you only ever notice at football, always wonder what it is and then completely forget about it until the next time at Charlton
  • edited August 2014
    In honour of one of Bob's favourite sayings we need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpJofj-bkSw
  • Sponsored links:

• Glovepup out of curiosity what track was played after full time after the tunnel jumps? It's one of those songs you only ever notice at football, always wonder what it is and then completely forget about it until the next time at Charlton

Simple Minds - Themes for Great Cities
  • Please bring back this @‌glovepup - it's a brilliant tune to build up to before the teams come out.

http://youtu.be/yuq8UAT-if8

Played it a few games last season, sure it will appear again.

• I thought the tannoy announcements (like the team lineups) were a bit soft in the East stand, have they been turned down a bit?
  • I thought the tannoy announcements (like the team lineups) were a bit soft in the East stand, have they been turned down a bit?

Not to my knowledge.
  • edited August 2014
    Yeah agreed about The Contender theme tune, proper suspense builder!

(Also what a TV series, I loved Peter Manfredo and Alfonso)
  • Defo much quieter in the Covered End. Couldn't hear the teams being called out at all
  • WSS said:

Defo much quieter in the Covered End. Couldn't hear the teams being called out at all

Will pass that on.
  • Into the valley?
  • Glovepup said:

Glovepup said:

Yeah it will for the time being, though I played Dakota last night as for some reason the other one would not play. Will be sorted for the next home game, with hindsight Dakota was not the best choice.
    Think Dakota is a cracking song. Enjoy it at Charlton.