Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This years handbook.

edited August 2014 in General Charlton
Finally got around to studying the handbook and quite surprised by the number of typos and cock-ups. For example Scott Minto's transfer to Chelsea appears in the transfers IN as well as the transfers OUT, the section headed 6 Wembley finals has 8 entries (two transposed from the Nine Promotion section, and then theres ANOTHER section entitled Six Wembley Finals which refers to the Leeds Play Off final at St Andrews.

As these are the official club records and mainly unchanged from last years edition, perhaps someone should be checking before publication, after all they had months. Please excuse me as I go back to checking train timetables and the latest Thermos catalogue.

Comments

• Options
    D- Must try harder
  • Options
    Yes there were a lot. A shame really - did they get anyone at all (not connected with the production) to proof-read it? Even the column headings on the list of players' appearances are all over the place and meaningless!
  • Options
    I noticed that on p37 a couple of the dates for the U21 match reports were set in the future !
  • Options
    you get nothing for £2 these days do you? Rip off
  • Options
    OG really has scored an OG here....
  • Options
    I will comment when my copy finally arrives : - (
  • Options
    Not even available in French or Flemish...
  • Options
    My favourite was Callum Harriott's entry which said "his treble made him the first Addick to score a hat-trick since Bradley Wright-Phillips dis so against Chesterfield in 2012" conveniently forgetting Marvin Sordell's hat trick less than 2 weeks before!!
  • Options

Not even available in French or Flemish...

Its in double dutch I think.
  • Options

My favourite was Callum Harriott's entry which said "his treble made him the first Addick to score a hat-trick since Bradley Wright-Phillips did so against Chesterfield in 2012" conveniently forgetting Marvin Sordell's hat trick less than 2 weeks before!!

Does Marvin count though seeing as he was never our player?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not read my copy so far but if it's as bad as everyone is pointing out then it could cause a punch up at the Bromley Addicks pairs quiz next year ;-)
  • Options
    WSS said:

My favourite was Callum Harriott's entry which said "his treble made him the first Addick to score a hat-trick since Bradley Wright-Phillips did so against Chesterfield in 2012" conveniently forgetting Marvin Sordell's hat trick less than 2 weeks before!!

Well, if he doesn't they shouldn't have put him in the all-time records bit! (And Henry will have to exclude him from the Valiant 785 784 list.) :-)
  • Options
    Waiting for a response from Airman. :D
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

WSS said:

Well, if he doesn't they shouldn't have put him in the all-time records bit! (And Henry will have to exclude him from the Valiant 785 784 list.) :-)
    I think if we are discounting loanees Valiant 785 probably becomes more like 578 ;-)
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Not read my copy so far but if it's as bad as everyone is pointing out then it could cause a punch up at the Bromley Addicks pairs quiz next year ;-)

You're right there : - )
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Saga Lout said:

Waiting for a response from Airman. :D

OK, I'll bite :-)

The handbook is a lot of work and it's easy to underestimate the time and care needed for checking, especially when it's being produced in conjunction with the programme (which is the only way it stacks up financially).

Matt Wright had been involved for the last 13 years and will have been a big loss in terms of knowledge and attention to detail. He made sure to take responsibility before he left last August.

I am not going to dig out the comms team - there are some other issues in the business that come about because there is not enough experience, including some crazy things happening with Valley Express, which multiple people have come up and complained to me about in the last week when I was selling the Voice.

Always willing to help if I can, but otherwise the club will just have to relearn what it has collectively forgotten (or not) through upsetting fans and losing revenue or some supporters. In the meantime, it seems it have got some important things right so perspective is key - see my blog at www.votvonline.com.