Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nego loaned back to Ujpest

Kept in the network, back at his old club. When a 17 year old centre back is playing ahead of him it's not really a surprise. Already 23 I don't think we'll see him back here again.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140823-loic-nego-ujpest-1860341.aspx

Charlton defender Loïc Négo has joined Ujpest FC on loan until the end of the season, the club confirmed on Saturday morning.

The full-back, who signed a three-and-a-half year deal with the Addicks in January, returns to his former club having so far made just one first team appearance while in SE7.

The 23-year-old is a product of the FC Nantes academy in France and has represented his country at all levels from U16 to U20.

His standout performances at the U20 World Cup in 2011, where France finished in fourth place, helped seal a move to Italian giants A.S. Roma.

An attack-minded right sider, Négo spent time on loan at Standard Liège in 2013.

Nego joins Reza Ghoochannejhad, Piotr Parzyszek and Harry Lennon as Charlton players currently out on loan.

Comments

• And then there were none
  • He was given a fair crack in pre season imo, but from what I saw has some potential but still looked at this stage a level below what we need.
  • vffvff
    edited August 2014
    It makes sense, he must be 4th choice right back. At least he got to 20 games.

Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2010–2011 Nantes 13 (0)
    2011–2013 Roma 0 (0)
    2013 → Standard Liège (loan) 2 (0)
    2013–2014 Újpest 4 (1)
    2014– Charlton Athletic 1 (0)

With all the useful training at Charlton, hopefully he will get a few more games at Ujpest. He has also had a chance to improve his English, which he will find helpful, in his career and generally.

Good luck to him.
  • I actually had no idea who he was until this thread...for some reason I thought this was about that Liverpool player N'gog. Doh!
  • defender / full back / attack-minded right sider - where does he actually play?!
  • Says it all that three of the players brought in to keep us up in January are now out on loan in various other countries. Good to see Roland learns from his mistakes
  • There's been a real step change between the players brought in during the summer and those who came in last January, it'll be interesting to finally learn who's been responsible for player recruitment during 2014!
  • Personally I think there was a poor concept of what our division standard was by the network, and how long it would take players to adapt.
    With the strong positive start that CAFC has made, The owner/s probably feel that the investment in CAFC at a higher level is needed, or certainly the better players from the network to be effective.
    be interesting to see if some of our squad players, or even players like Fox/Church, will be prepared to consider a move to the network?
    Personally I have my reservations about this type of 'movement', but if it works, which so far I am unconvinced, we shall see.
  • edited August 2014

Says it all that three of the players brought in to keep us up in January are now out on loan in various other countries. Good to see Roland learns from his mistakes

what mistake

• Yes what a mistake look where we are now
  • Sponsored links:

• Personally I think there was a poor concept of what our division standard was by the network, and how long it would take players to adapt.
    With the strong positive start that CAFC has made, The owner/s probably feel that the investment in CAFC at a higher level is needed, or certainly the better players from the network to be effective.
    be interesting to see if some of our squad players, or even players like Fox/Church, will be prepared to consider a move to the network?
    Personally I have my reservations about this type of 'movement', but if it works, which so far I am unconvinced, we shall see.

And if it deprives those talentless cockroaches who scuttle through our game calling themselves agents, so much the better.
  • Saw Nego at his debut at Wigan, and despite a reasonable first half. it became obvious very quickly that he was a little lightweight and not quite up to the standard required - and definitely not up to the quality we currently have in that spot.
    No great loss.
  • Hinton said:

Yes what a mistake look where we are now

Well that's kind of the point isn't it. He's learned from the mistakes he made in the January transfer window and brought in a much higher standard of player this summer. In January he let Yann and Stephens go and replaced them with Reza, Piotr, Nego, Ajdarevic and Thuram. Only Ajdarevic of that lot was good enough and he was barely fit. The others were inadequate replacements for what we lost in a time we needed reinforcements anyway as we were at the bottom. We did well to stay up last season but Roland's brought in players that could have us challenging this time around if it all goes well.
    I hope so, but I do have reservations. I think he is a very shrewd man, and despite 'advisors' has his own vision, and ways of doing things. I have been told that he is very calculated in his management style, and has little room for sentiment. Few if anyone is going to worry about cutting out the agent's, and his investment in the pitch and the Valley were both positive, and overdue. The football we played first half in the week was both highly impressive, and the way to go for me. The team seems to have a very positive spirit, from what you can gather from the team performance, and some of the youngsters have looked excellent.
    Along with the Academy plan's these are all very positive steps. But it is very early day's, and as CAFC fan's we can only hope, that we maintain the upward progress that we have made.
  • Hinton said:

Yes what a mistake look where we are now

Well that's kind of the point isn't it. He's learned from the mistakes he made in the January transfer window and brought in a much higher standard of player this summer. In January he let Yann and Stephens go and replaced them with Reza, Piotr, Nego, Ajdarevic and Thuram. Only Ajdarevic of that lot was good enough and he was barely fit. The others were inadequate replacements for what we lost in a time we needed reinforcements anyway as we were at the bottom. We did well to stay up last season but Roland's brought in players that could have us challenging this time around if it all goes well.
    My view is slightly different. I think it was more that he brought in who he could (as we urgently needed cover) very quickly after he bought the club and then started working on requirements for this summer. Nego was given a game and it was thought he wasn't quite good enough. We didn't , exactly, have the time to do much more scouting and because most of the players were already under contract with the Network there was no, real, worry that we would end up with a huge wage bill for someone not good enough.

The Delort saga shows how long transfer moves can drag on and we had to sign all those players in a couple of weeks effectively.

Sure, all of the players that came in in January have gone, but they were always a bit of a gamble, and the only, realistic, option in any case.

Where I'm most impressed with the business is that we have managed to move them all on and so none of them are costing a wage while they contribute nothing to our season.
  • Says it all that three of the players brought in to keep us up in January are now out on loan in various other countries. Good to see Roland learns from his mistakes

Only really AA did the business I guess
  • cabbles said:

Says it all that three of the players brought in to keep us up in January are now out on loan in various other countries. Good to see Roland learns from his mistakes

Sorry have to disagree with this AA played 30 mins out of 90 for most games hardly doing the business.
  • cabbles said:

Sorry have to disagree with this AA played 30 mins out of 90 for most games hardly doing the business.

But the standard of his play did . In my opinion his assists at Leeds, Forest and QPR and his goal against Yeovil made a major contribution to our survival.

Ironically it could be claimed he was a Powell signing as he knew him from his time at Leicester and SCP did publically say that he had chosen him from a list of available players from the network.

• Sponsored links:

• Alex Dyer - "Roland, these new guys are just not good enough for the Championship"
  • He looked out of his depth at Ebbsfleet!
  • Oh that where he was off to tuesday before Derby game when he walked past me to his car!