Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton - Player Marks

For those at the Jon Smith Stadium, your marks out of ten please, much appreciated

Pope -
Solly -
Wiggins -
Bikey-Amougou -
Ben Haim -
Gudmundsson -
Cousins -
Buyens -
Jackson-
Tucudean -
Vetokele -
Moussa -
Church n/a

Comments

• Options
    Pope - 8.5. MOTM. Some excellent saves. More than made up for Tuesday.
    Solly - 5. Worst game I've seen him have in a Charlton shirt. Lost possession a number of times and wrong side of Wells for the goal.
    Wiggins - 6. Another dodgy performance. Sent a back pass very short to Pope in first half which almost cost us.
    Bikey-Amougou - 6.5. Good assist but looked shakier than in home games.
    Ben Haim - 7. Most solid player in defence today.
    Gudmundsson - 6.5. Looked dangerous when on the ball but went missing at times.
    Cousins - 5.5. Wasted possession regularly.
    Buyens - 6.5. Sound performance.
    Jackson- 6. Nothing on Tuesday. Wasted lots of set pieces but you can never accuse him of slacking off
    Tucudean - 6.5. Held the ball up well. Would have left him on and done Wiggins for Moussa instead of bringing on Church.
    Vetokele - 7.5. Always a threat and a great finish.
    Moussa - 6. Would love to see him run at players more. Chose the safe option in the final third too often.
    Church n/a

Overall a shaky performance but we stuck in there and a great point in the end.
  • Options
    Sounds like we might see more of Gomez and Fox...glad to hear Pope did OK
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Pope -7 caught out twice saved by ref first and then TBH but made 1 great save and three other good saves.
    Solly -5 mixed bag, did ok linking with Gudmundsson but lost that invincible air in defence.
    Wiggins -5.5 under pressure
    Bikey-Amougou -6.5 too casual in first half, trying to be too clever but better second half and great header for Igor.
    Ben Haim -6.5 Very lucky to get away with pen shout on Vaughan but came out of defence well last 20 to get us going forward.
    Gudmundsson -7 Some great passes to switch play and quietly determined to attack the box in tandem with Solly in lead up to equaliser.
    Cousins -6 Hudds did a job on him, seemed to be up against two most times.
    Buyens -6.5 kept ball moving
    Jackson-6 similar to Buyens more effective as 2nd half wore on.
    Tucudean -6 made little impression but nothing wrong
    Vetokele -7 caused Hudds problems throughout the game and is a goalscorer hallelujah! MOM for consistent threat and goal over JG taking on full backs and crossing.
    Moussa -6.5 smart turns, forced Hudds back but shot shy when had an opportunity, increased our attacking tempo.
    Church n/a
  • Options
    Pope- 8.0
    Solley-5.5
    Wiggins-5.5
    Bikey-Amougou-6.5
    Ben Haim-6.5
    Gudmundsson-6.5
    Cousins-5.5
    Buyens-6.5
    Jackson-6.5
    Tucudean-5.5
    Vetokele-7.5
    Moussa-7
    Church n/a

Lucky to get a point against 10 men all 2nd half
  • Options
    Pope - 7 made some good saves and commanded his area
    Solly - 4 not the Solly I remember
    Wiggins - 4 was beaten a number of times
    Bikey-Amougou - 5.5 great header for the goal otherwise not a commanding game
    Ben Haim - 5 like Bikey not at his reported best
    Gudmundsson - 4 some good crossfield passes, otherwise ran into cul de sacs
    Cousins - 4 anonymous most of the time, a bit better on the right
    Buyens - 4 good at passing sideways
    Jackson- 4 bit headless chicken and dead balls poor
    Tucudean - 5 didn't get much service, so couldn't do much
    Vetokele - 7 how lovely to have a goalscorer in the team, never gave up
    Moussa - 5 didn't add anything but didn't give much away
  • Options
    Wow 4 across the board for midfield and nothing above a 5.5 aside from for our goalie and goalscorer. Was it that bad?
  • Options

Pope - 7
    Solly - 5
    Wiggins - 5
    Bikey-Amougou - 6
    Ben Haim - 7
    Gudmundsson - 6.5
    Cousins - 6
    Buyens - 7
    Jackson- 6
    Tucudean - 6
    Vetokele - 7
    Moussa - 6
    Church n/a
  • Options

Wow 4 across the board for midfield and nothing above a 5.5 aside from for our goalie and goalscorer. Was it that bad?

yes it was, but I haven't seen this team before and expected far more skill which just wasn't there, maybe my marks were tinged with disappointment but I stand by them
  • Options

yes it was, but I haven't seen this team before and expected far more skill which just wasn't there, maybe my marks were tinged with disappointment but I stand by them
    I hope you are able to revise your view by getting down to the Valley sometime soon.. I've seen every league game except today and the improvement in midfield + Vetokele have been the biggest changes since last time. Not checked, but when the fixtures came out it did look like we had a tough August and then the possibility of scooping some points in September.

• Options

I hope you are able to revise your view by getting down to the Valley sometime soon.. I've seen every league game except today and the improvement in midfield + Vetokele have been the biggest changes since last time. Not checked, but when the fixtures came out it did look like we had a tough August and then the possibility of scooping some points in September.

Watford H
    Wolves H
    Rotherham A
    Boro H
    Norwich H

personally think October is the month for points think we could get 12
    Birmingham H
    Bournemouth A
    Bolton H
    Fulham A
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we will be at the Watford game

now back to players marks please or LL will get annoyed. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014

wow very cutting marks mate! i have seen the both home league games (plus colchester) so far this season and im very very very impressed by our new players! As you you said maybe your disapointed
  • Options

Watford H
    Wolves H
    Rotherham A
    Boro H
    Norwich H

personally think October is the month for points think we could get 12
    Birmingham H
    Bournemouth A
    Bolton H
    Fulham A
    All winnable with Vetokele et al! And at the same time we can sink from our current lofty perch...as per comments elsewhere, let's see how we compete...Looking forward to this season as potentially the best in what, 8 years?
  • Options

Versus this from LBTF

In response to the few posters who have reached puberty (school holidays finish shortly Lads). Thanks to those who have wished us well for the rest of the season. We played well and will be fine this season, trust me, this was a massive improvement over the shite that Robins had us playing.

I have to say, in places you look as good a Team that Charlton have had for some time, precise passing and plenty of pace / width, think you are in for a good season.

As per my original post, rather than be critical of Charlton Players, I think we need to wise-up a little. This is Championship football and if you can't beat them, join them.

Okay, the decisions today didn't go our way (understatement) which those of you who went to the game have recognised but hey, I like to think these things even themselves out over a season.

You never gave up which is what you want from your side and nicked one with a good move at the end. Thats the ups and downs of football!.

I think LL you were particularly harsh on Gudmundsson who did get behind the defence on a number of occasions after both he and TBH and Buyens had given up on Solly, having put him in several times but to no end.

• Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2014
    Is this the player marks thread or the post match views thread ? A brief one line comment on a posters score maybe, this thread shouldn't turn into a discussion on a posters scores. The beauty of the player marks thread is that any wildly different marks (if they are not correct) get evened out by the general marks.
  • Options
    right
  • Options
    vff said:

Is this the player marks thread or the post match views thread ? A brief one line comment on a posters score maybe, this thread shouldn't turn into a discussion on a posters scores. The beauty of the player marks thread is that any wildly different marks (if they are not correct) get evened out by the general marks.

you are quite right vff but I feel as the person that spends quite a bit of my own time running this thread and the Statbank I should be allowed a certain latitude if I wish to put a remark, and yes my marks are low but that is what I saw yesterday and that is where my marks remain.

now can we please have some more marks and less comments about my marks
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2014

vff said:

you are quite right vff but I feel as the person that spends quite a bit of my own time running this thread and the Statbank I should be allowed a certain latitude if I wish to put a remark, and yes my marks are low but that is what I saw yesterday and that is where my marks remain.

now can we please have some more marks and less comments about my marks
    Apologies @lancashire lad. Comments were not meant to be directed at you. I was trying not to add fuel to fire of the discussion. You are doing an excellent job on the stats and the live thread. It is much appreciated by myself and all on CL.
  • Options
    Pope - 7
    Solly - 5
    Wiggins - 5
    Bikey-Amougou - 6
    Ben Haim - 6.5
    Gudmundsson - 6.5
    Cousins - 6
    Buyens - 7
    Jackson- 6
    Tucudean - 6
    Vetokele - 7.5
    Moussa - 5.5
  • Options
    Pope - 7.5
    Solly - 5
    Wiggins - 5.5
    Bikey-Amougou - 6.5
    Ben Haim - 6.5
    Gudmundsson - 6
    Cousins - 5.5
    Buyens - 6
    Jackson- 5
    Tucudean - 6
    Vetokele - 6.5
    Moussa - 6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good to see that the faith put in Pope by BP was justified. Our club will be much the better for a manager who instils confidence and doesn't over - react to individual mistakes.

Set off for match. Travelling out of Norfolk going north is always a challenge. It takes 1.5 hours to get out of the county! Got massively held up. Realised wouldn't get there until after half time. Turned back :(
  • Options
    Pope: 7 - the two early errors (one karate kick outside his area and one overly long dalliance with the ball) aside, he was much better. Very good save from Coady and held on to a couple of tricky crosses. Nice to hear the fans chanting his name.
    Solly: 5 - not up to his usual high standard, and didn't contribute much going forward.
    Ben Haim: 7 - crucial sliding tackle to stop Wells after he had gone round Pope, and more likely to contribute going forward. He does moan a lot though.
    Bikey: 6 - caught napping once or twice and could have paid the price. Much less confident on the ball than Ben Haim.
    Wiggins: 5 - had a very difficult game up against Scannell and was frequently beaten
    JBG: 6 - not half as effective as on Tuesday. No-one's end product was good, but his was probably the worst, given what we know he can do.
    Buyens: 7 - kept us ticking over reasonably well
    Jackson: 7 - saw a lot of the ball in the second half in the Andrea Pirlo role, but he couldn't unlock the door.
    Cousins: 5 - can't remember anything from him coming off. At fault for their goal.
    Tucudean: 7 - was linking up play nicely. Surprised he was subbed.
    Vetokele: 7 - one brilliant run in the first half, other than that quiet until the end when he finished very well.
  • Options
    Pope 7
    Solly 5
    Ben Haim 7
    Bikey 7
    Wiggins 5
    JBG 6
    Jackson 6
    Buyens 7
    Cousins 6
    Tucudean 6
    Vetokele 7.5
    Moussa 6
  • Options
    Pope - 6.5 Recovered well after a shaky start
    Solly - 7 Fairly solid
    Wiggins - 6.5 Still a bit off the place
    Bikey-Amougou - 7 good first half. Made Igor's goal with a good headed flick on.
    Ben Haim - 8 although lucky not to give a penalty away
    Gudmundsson - 6. fairly quiet game
    Cousins - 6 not one of his best
    Buyens - 7 worked hard without much coming off for him
    Tucadean- 6 Didn't get any change from the Huddersfield defence
    Jackson- 7 Kept going without a lot of movement in front of him
    Vetokele - 8 Always a danger to the Terriers. Took goal well
    Moussa - 7 Always looked to be involved.
    Church n/a
  • Options
    Pope - 7.5 Really grew as game went on. Two saves that kept us in the game
    Solly - 5.5 Poor end product when going forward, also had a hard time defensively against a good young player.
    Wiggins - 5 Some unnecessary fouls and looked off the pace
    Bikey-Amougou - 6 Too many back passes to pope adding pressure, great flick on
    Ben Haim - 6.5 solid
    Gudmundsson - 6.5 Nice passing and looked dangerous at times but drifted in and out of game
    Cousins - 5 Seen him have better days
    Buyens - 7 very busy without looking spectacular
    Jackson- 7 tidy, put a foot in when necessary and apart from some poor corners didn't put a foot wrong
    Tucudean - 6 couple of nice flicks, not really involved
    Vetokele - 8 always looking to cause trouble and was a consistent threat
    Moussa - 5 hardly invovled