Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SEE IGOR'S GOAL VS HUDDS HERE!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Aw I was kinda kidding there :P
  • Options
    And we all know how it would've ended if it rebounded to Churchy.....................
  • Options
    Oh my God! How did Ben Haim get away with that? That was blatantly a penalty!
  • Options

I agree, but I think it was how easy the striker threw himself to the floor that put doubt in the refs mind............
  • Options

I agree, but I think it was how easy the striker threw himself to the floor that put doubt in the refs mind............
    I didn't even notice that! I think that the bottom line is that it was SO BLATANT that the referee might have thought, "No, he can't just have shoved him over like that, it must have been a dive...."

Bit like in Cricket where a batsman edges to first slip and stands his ground and the Umpire gives it Not Out because he thinks there has to be another reason why the ball went to first slip.

Superb 'Chutzpah' from Ben Haim, a real crafty old pro.
  • Options
    I'm still struggling to work out how he sent their fella off for preventing a "clear" goalscoring opportunity .
  • Options
    Fair to say the ref was pretty poor... in our favour. Which isn't nice for the Huddersfield fans, most of who seem an alright bunch, but I have no doubt there will be some shocking decisions going against us at some stage so a bit of good fortune is not to be turned down out of principle - every point counts.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

I have seen enough decisions and bad luck go against us over the last 38 years to never feel sorry for another team, it`s fans or anyone else. I couldn`t care less whether the ref had a good game, a shit game or an average game. I don`t give a crap about opposition players who get sent off, fall over easily in the box trying to win pens. I couldn`t give a monkey`s chuff how late in the added time we score a goal or whether it`s onside or offside or if we get a dodgy looking soft penalty.

After 38 years of supporting Charlton all I care about is them getting a result and not getting beaten!

completely agree
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unfortunately, one day it will happen to us where we get some terrible decisions, do you think the opposition fans will care?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Unfortunately, one day it will happen to us where we get some terrible decisions, do you think the opposition fans will care?

Swings and roundabouts, it all evens itself out over a course of a season.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Great header from Bikey also noticed he seemed to be further up the pitch than normal, 1-0 down and we push players forward very nice to see

Why would we be sitting back if we were 1-0 down??
    You have forgotten about Chris Powell pretty quick.
  • Options
    Fantastic finish. I get the feeling there is more to come from Igor as well. He has a good tally so far but has had enough chances (most of which he has created himself) to have at least doubled that.

Seems to be genuinely happy to be here as well which is always welcome. This could be because of his history with Big Bob. He obviously makes an impression on people as a coach (and not just when he accidentally sits on them).

The futures bright, we've been duchatelayed!

• Options
    Anyone who was at Brentford would have seen his 4 attempts on goal plus the pass to Harriott. Only a great save from button stopped him getting a brace. I don't think wallace will be the last person sent off as he seem to be able to go past the last defender. He is still a bit raw and can only improve as his stamina and understanding of when to do his runs on goal become second nature. He is already taking up good positions in the box as the goals against Derby and udders show. Ig---or Ig----or.
  • Options
    We're fortunate to have him. Thanks RD.
  • Options

Anyone who was at Brentford would have seen his 4 attempts on goal plus the pass to Harriott. Only a great save from button stopped him getting a brace. I don't think wallace will be the last person sent off as he seem to be able to go past the last defender. He is still a bit raw and can only improve as his stamina and understanding of when to do his runs on goal become second nature. He is already taking up good positions in the box as the goals against Derby and udders show. Ig---or Ig----or.

Agree with this. His acceleration is unbelievable. He can be three yards behind the defender when he sets off and 6 yards later he's in front of him. Defenders at this level aren't known for their pace and they'll struggle, as they have so far. I'd love to know how TBH and Bikey are coping with him in training.
  • Options
    Great positioning and anticipation from Igor and the finish to boot.
    Considering he had been on for the duration of the game, he was still more alert than the fresh-legged Simon Church.
  • Options
    Is that our away support over on the right ?