Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First Division winners: Just four left standing

All 4 players: morrison who has lost his place, Wiggins who has not quite got back to his best yet, Solly who we have to manage his knee and our skip JJ in the heart of our midfield are coming under pressure for their places. A part of me finds this quite sad but for the future of our great club we need competition and may the best man win his place on merit. I still think all 4 have a big part in our future, plus keeping JJ in a coaching role in a year or two.

Comments

• Options
    4 left
  • Options
    I was there !
  • Options

I was there !

Not surprisingly, managed to a ticket for that one :-0
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I was there !

Will always be one of the best ever away days
  • Options

I was there !

Will always be one of the best ever away days
    Could never imagine how important a 6 inch tap-in could be. !

Stayed overnight in Carlisle, and went to Hadrians Wall the next day.
  • Options
    Prob the first ground i've been to where you didnt look out directly onto the pitch. !
  • Options
    Not surprising is it?

We got promoted, and the club needs to move on to survive in a higher division...
  • Options
    Surely gotta include Damien Matthews and Ben Roberts?
  • Options

Surely gotta include Damien Matthews and Ben Roberts?

I was thinking that and Erol Umut
  • Options
    I don't mind so much. I loved that league 1 winning side, hoped that they would step up to the championship plate, had high hopes for guys like Danny Green etc. But at the end of the day due to our financial circumstances our league 1 winners effectively had two years to step up to the mark and we are now left with those who are genuinely championship quality. We are now watching players who are a standard (sorry) above and if guys like Wilson, Solly, JJ , wiggy and Morro can hang in there then I'm pleased. If they can't, they can't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And some players like Hamer and Stephens chose not to stay and move on elsewhere.
    I like the mix of the first 18 Bob Peeters is putting out every week... seven new signings (Buyens, Vetokele, Gudmundson, Bikey, Ben Haim, Tucudean, Henderson), six from the academy(Cousins, Harriott, Fox, Gomez etc.) and a few older players from League 1 squad and signed later.
    That's all(!) it has taken to transform us from a bottom six side into top half although way too early to tell where in the top half.
  • Options
    "If he dies. He dies", Ivan Draco, Rocky IV
  • Options
    edited August 2014

had high hopes for guys like Danny Green

Henry Irving felt the same..................;-)