Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dickson fairytale ?

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Obviously it was a very weak Pompey reserve side this week, but with our lack of striking options, do you there is a Roy Essendoh-style possibility of an absolute fairytale ending to our season ?

Kid plucked from absolute nowhere, scores the goal at Anfield (he's bound to of supported Liverpool as a kid) to keep us up ???

No pressure, like......

Comments

• Options
    Nope, he can't play for us till next season.
  • Options
    lol, we'll looks like we're down then.

I better send the film crew away... :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Only if the FA allow him to play, and they haven't, maybe next season though?
  • Options
    Is this the same FA that lets Tevez play for west ham and may be deduct points?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Is this the same FA that lets Tevez play for west ham and may be deduct points?[/quote]

No , but it's the same FA that allow Mascherado to play for Liverpool despite his inelegibilty under FIFA and UEFA rules.

So, all we have to do is change our name to Liverpool, claim we're a special case and we're there. Simple.
  • Options
    we'll try and get him registered for next season, which the FA will reject, we'll appeal...then the FA will ban him from Kicking a Ball, or going withing 200 yards of a football pitch for two years, on 'frivilous' grounds!
  • Options
    He has certainly made an encouraging start.

However judging by the eventual destination of our reserves the reserve league is probably only about Conference level. Charlie Macdonald, Mark Debolla, Stacy Long, Alex Varney, Mark Ricketts, to name a few, all did well in the reserves yet can only make the Conference now.

I'm not going to get carried away just yet!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    You're right about the level Len but none of those ever made the impact Dickson has already, so I would be confident he can cut it in the league - we'll have to wait and see at exactly what level. One thing is for sure, he can't have done much more than he has so far.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Obviously it was a very weak Pompey reserve side this week, but with our lack of striking options, do you there is a Roy Essendoh-style possibility of an absolute fairytale ending to our season ?

Kid plucked from absolute nowhere, scores the goal at Anfield (he's bound to of supported Liverpool as a kid) to keep us up ???

No pressure, like......

I think the kids name will be Lisbie rather than Dickson:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]He has certainly made an encouraging start.

However judging by the eventual destination of our reserves the reserve league is probably only about Conference level. Charlie Macdonald, Mark Debolla, Stacy Long, Alex Varney, Mark Ricketts, to name a few, all did well in the reserves yet can only make the Conference now.

I'm not going to get carried away just yet!

Thats true Len but to score four is pretty unusual if you look at the stats over the years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2007
    Perhaps not quite in the same bracket, but some years ago didn't trialist Paul Gorman score NINE in a behind-closed-doors friendly.

And he broke into the first team (2nd flight division), scored a number of goals and was touted as the 'new' Derek Hales.
    Then he got badly injured, sort of recovered and got farmed out to Welling.