Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby vs Charlton| Tues 26th Aug 2014 | Capital One Cup | Match Preview and Predictions

Comments

• Options
    We're all gonna be distracted by the news of Danny Green's hat trick against Manchester United. One direct from a left wing corner, one direct from a right wing corner, and one direct from a throw in on half way that just brushes the United keeper as it crosses the line.
  • Options
    0-3 defeat and we focus on the Championship as it should be!
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Henderson( if fit).
    Gomez
    Morrison
    Ben Haim
    Fox
    Wilson
    Cousins
    Buyens
    Harriotts
    Moussa
    Tuchadean.

Subs Pope, Wiggins, Jackson. Church, Vetokele, Bikey, Gudmundsson.

Two Callum Harriott's?
    'There is only one Callum Harriott. One Callum Harriot, one Callum Harriot ..............'
  • Options
    He was described by the BBC as Harriotts.
  • Options
    Complete gubbing. 3-0 to Derby
  • Options
    Can't see past a 5-0 defeat.
  • Options
    Ryan Shotton has joined Derby from Stoke and is expected to play against us.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

He was described by the BBC as Harriotts.

Two wrongs don't...as the saying goes...make a right.

I'd say that Derby clicked on Saturday, but not sure anyone really has to (yet) against Fulham. All too difficult to call until we know how both managers treat this. Just a couple of changes, like the first leg, and I still fancy our chances. Derby to have new loanee, Ryan Shotton, in their team. Decent, strong player/signing.
  • Options
    Have a feeling it'll be our worst performance so far. 3-1 to Derby.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

dickplumb said:

Henderson( if fit).
    Gomez
    Morrison
    Ben Haim
    Fox
    Wilson
    Cousins
    Buyens
    Harriotts
    Moussa
    Tuchadean.

Subs Pope, Wiggins, Jackson. Church, Vetokele, Bikey, Gudmundsson.

Two Callum Harriott's?
    Callum Harriott's what?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Not confident about this one. 3-1 Derby.

Still I didn't think we would beat The massives in the FA Cup so shows what I know.

COYR
  • Options
    I'll be amazed if we get a win, but I'll take it....
  • Options
    Henderson if hes ready
    Gomez
    Morrison
    Bikey
    Fox
    Wilson
    Cousins
    Buyens
    Harriot
    Moussa
    Tucudean.
    3 subs will be Church, Johann, and Jackson, perhaps Igor if we are down late.

I'll say a hard fought 1-1 draw. we could possibly win 2-1 but this is a much harder game than last week so ill say 1-1 draw, we'll win on penalties.
    #COYA
  • Options
    I think we will lose but only after putting up a good fight. I can see extra time. 3-1 Derby (1-1 after 90 mins)
  • Options
    It will be my first match this season so I hope the reds come out flying and I get a taste of the new improved Charlton
  • Options
    Can see a few of our boys pushing for a start playing well but Derby will be too strong.

2-0.
  • Options
    0-1 to us perlease
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Maybe a tad contentious but why not play a full(ish) strength team. I appreciate our squad is quite thin on talent once you dip past the first 11 plus Morro, Wilson, Moussa, Gomez and Fox and we don't want injuries. However, I think that as we are still a relatively new team, why not keep the core together and give them another chance to get a game under their belts. It's still early days in terms of fitness, plus we have the international break after the Brighton game (chance to rest - apart from Church). Another game so soon after the below par performance at H'field gives them a chance to work it out their system before the Brighton game.

fair point on playing a strong side but Gudmunsson and ben Haim are still current internationals, I believe Igor might be going to Angola if there are African games and some of the young players (Cousins, Gomez could have U21/U19 games. Not sure if George is a regular for the Romanian U21 but we could a few players away on international duty on top of Church.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cabbles said:

Maybe a tad contentious but why not play a full(ish) strength team. I appreciate our squad is quite thin on talent once you dip past the first 11 plus Morro, Wilson, Moussa, Gomez and Fox and we don't want injuries. However, I think that as we are still a relatively new team, why not keep the core together and give them another chance to get a game under their belts. It's still early days in terms of fitness, plus we have the international break after the Brighton game (chance to rest - apart from Church). Another game so soon after the below par performance at H'field gives them a chance to work it out their system before the Brighton game.

fair point on playing a strong side but Gudmunsson and ben Haim are still current internationals, I believe Igor might be going to Angola if there are African games and some of the young players (Cousins, Gomez could have U21/U19 games. Not sure if George is a regular for the Romanian U21 but we could a few players away on international duty on top of Church.
    Good point. I'm sure there's a balance. I just think it may be better to exercise the poor performance of h'field in this competition, rather than Brighton if that makes sense. We might get

Pope

Gomez, Morro, Bikey, Fox

Wilson, Buyens, Cousins, Harriott

Moussa

Church
  • Options
    Charlton 0-4 Derby
  • Options
    1-2 away win
  • Options
    Church winner in the last minute of the 120
  • Options
    3-1 home win
  • Options
    Ambivalent about this match.

The important thing is to avoid injuries, reds and yellows to key players. Buyens has picked up at least two yellows already for instance
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    For those who do not take the CAFC Player service, there is build up to the match and live commentary of tonight's game being advertised on the Sport scene programme at BBC Radio Derby on one of the stations below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7bl
    BBC Radio Derby, Listen on 104.5, 95.3 and 96FM, 1116AM, online and mobile.
  • Options
    4-0 defeat
  • Options
    2-2 lose on pens