Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky Sports 5 Activation

What is this all about? They say this new channel is at no extra cost but I have never had to 'activate' a new channel before. Worried I am going to commit to something if I activate it. Can't find a definitive answer on Google. Don't we have someone on here who works for Sky?

Comments

• Options
    You're not committing to anything. You're fine to activate it.
  • Options

You're not committing to anything. You're fine to activate it.

This. I activated mine a couple of weeks ago. No extra cost & no min period etc. Just another channel.
  • Options
    You don't need to activate it do you? Mine just works. I thought it was just an attempt to sign you up to broadband
  • Options
    I haven't activated anything but have automatically got the channel.
  • Options
    Got a couple of messages telling me to activate it. Forgot and when I got round to it found it was working anyway.
  • Options
    It should work anyway.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    sorry, wrong thread.
  • Options

First direct factual question El Presidente Salmondo has been asked (about Faslane) and he's spouting a load of guff. No substance.

Are you sure you activated the right thread?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

First direct factual question El Presidente Salmondo has been asked (about Faslane) and he's spouting a load of guff. No substance.

Are you sure you activated the right thread?
    Yeah. Sorry. Thought I was posting on the independence thread. Not concentrating properly as I'm listening to the two stooges debating whilst typing on my iPhone. D'0h!!!
  • Options
    I was under the impression that after the first week or so you stop getting it if you have not 'activated' it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I was under the impression that after the first week or so you stop getting it if you have not 'activated' it.

I think that's right. I wan to know how to activate it without signing up to swap my landline to sky. I've already got sky broadband. Very naughty of them.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    You dont have to activate anything.
  • Options
    If you watch it they keep saying if you want to carry on watching remember to activate it, so I think if you dont activate it you lose it
  • Options
    By activating it you're agreeing to use Sky Broadband for 2 years free of charge.
  • Options

By activating it you're agreeing to use Sky Broadband for 2 years free of charge.

Thought it was yellow button to also get broadband and blue button to just activate the sports channel?
  • Options
    Will look at that yellow button thingy. Cheers.
  • Options
    Just did it via the on-line chat thing. No contract extension, no broadband.
  • Options
    I see the monthly subscription has gone up again. I've got the Variety and Sports package which will be £59.50 from next month up from £56 :-(
  • Options
    Its just a marketing ploy to try and get more broadband customers by putting the activation tool on the broadband sales site with the offer. If you look carefully there is a second option to activate that doesn't take you to the broadband sales site. You don't have to have anything to do with their broadband.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have Sky Broadband,does this mean by activating Sky Sports 5 I get my Broadband free.
  • Options
    Yes, and a six month subscrption to the Playboy channel.
  • Options
    I haven't got 1,2,3,4 or 5...

I need a pay rise to activate mine.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

If you're watching it but never activated it, then you need to talk to your missus about who she's had over whilst your out!

• Options
    Anyone else cheesed off that they've put Roma vs Man C on this channel tonight?
  • Options
    Why are you cheesed off with that?
  • Options
    Not got it activated.
  • Options
    Doesn't cost anything though does it and takes 2 mins?
  • Options

Anyone else cheesed off that they've put Roma vs Man C on this channel tonight?

No. Makes no difference which Sky Sports channel it's on does it ?