Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Drivers: When Did You Decide You Didn't Need To Indicate Anymore?

And why?

So many people seem to think that other drivers, pedestrians and cyclists can read a driver's mind, so rather than use the little sticky thing by the steering wheel, they rely on telepathy. I'm sure this is a recent phenomenon and I don't understand why it is so common now.

Comments

• Options
    These topics on cars are starting to drive me mad.
  • Options

I just assume that's the way youngsters are taught to drive these days.

Nobody seems to indicate left when leaving a roundabout anymore except old gits like me!
  • Options
    It really is embarrassing the lack of indicating these days... Whether I'm driving or waiting to cross a road as a pedestrian its so lazy not to bloody bother!!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Nobody seems to indicate left when leaving a roundabout anymore except old gits like me!

Im learning to drive now (test Thursday) and my instructor has drummed into me to indicate left when leaving the roundabout.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Yep, because it's only 'youngsters' who are crap drivers.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

LenGlover said:

Im learning to drive now (test Thursday) and my instructor has drummed into me to indicate left when leaving the roundabout.
    Yup exactly :) doesnt matter if your taking the first exit or going all the way around it... the moment you get past the exit before yours you should be indicating left to acknowledge your coming off it

P.S. Good luck with your test
  • Options
    I don't indicate. I know where I'm going. Other people should mind their own business
  • Options

LenGlover said:

good luck mate, took me 3 tries, first two i was so nervous, the third i just pretended that it was just me in the car and i passed with just 2 minors.
  • Options
    I'd indicate more but mine are very tempremental.

One second they'll work, the next they won't.
  • Options
    They are too busy texting, holding a cup of coffee and smoking a fag to worry about indicating,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When did people stop waving and start flashing you with their rear light to say thanks?

I blame Thatcher/Labour/UKIP/Mass uncontrolled immigration/the EU/Hamas/ISIS (also known as ISIL or Islamic state), Ken Livingstone and Addickted.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

When did people stop waving and start flashing you with their rear light to say thanks?

Look... If you want to start discussing "flashing your lights to say thank you" could you start another thread please...

This one is about indicating... Its clearly indicates (See what I did there) in the title thread!!
  • Options

I blame Thatcher/Labour/UKIP/Mass uncontrolled immigration/the EU/Hamas/ISIS (also known as ISIL or Islamic state), Ken Livingstone and Addickted.

all wrong, it was Slater and Jiminez's fault.
  • Options

Move on
  • Options

Move on
    But make sure you indicate when you do.
  • Options
    I stopped signalling when I got a BMW as stipulated in the sales literature. However I am about to change brands so I will consider a return to my previous indicating days but it does seem sooo last year
  • Options
    I drive a Rover so I assume I have priority due to my British car being on a British road. In the same way, I only ever let out fellow Rover drivers and they do the same. It's a Rover thing, y'know.
  • Options
    ...Rover....wtf
  • Options
    I try, but sometimes fail, to indicate whenever required. I even do it when i know there's no other cars around so it becomes second nature and not something you have to think about at all.
    That said, it doesn't help that indicator stalks are on the wrong side of the steering wheel on RHD cars making it impossible to change gear and indicate at the same time.