Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gabor Kiraly

Anyone remember this guy, over 100 games for the Nigels,
on the verge of a move to Fulham,
I know Goalkeepers do go on a bit but cant see a 38 year old being a first team player even for Fulham

Comments

• Options
    Peter Shilton
    Sam Bartram
    John Burridge
    Neville Southall
    Mark Schwarzer

All played top flight football (England and Scotland) in their 40's. No reason why a 38 year old could not do it in the Championship.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Peter Shilton
    Sam Bartram
    John Burridge
    Neville Southall
    Mark Schwarzer

All played top flight football (England and Scotland) in their 40's. No reason why a 38 year old could not do it in the Championship.

you have named probably 4 of the greatest Keepers, I would not put Kiraly in that
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I would not put the grey pyjama bottoms man in that list myself. However age is irrelevant. If your good enough, then age is no barrier
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

I would not put the grey pyjama bottoms nigel in that list myself. However age is irrelevant. If your nigel enough, then age is no barrier to wearing stripy (or grey) pyjamas

• Options
    Oh my days , not 'tracksuit man' as my wife calls him.
  • Options
    I went to an 1860 Munich game s few years ago and he was in goal for them. He had the primark jogging bottoms on then as well. Thought he was much older than 38.
  • Options
    The pyjama boy. Yes, I remember.
  • Options
    Ex Hertha Berlin. Always felt he had an error waiting just around the corner.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Peter Shilton
    Sam Bartram
    John Burridge
    Neville Southall
    Mark Schwarzer

Also Peter Schmeichel was playing for Citeh at the age of 40 or so.

Grey cotton jersey tracksuit bottoms seem to be quite fashionable at present, so this could be an inspired move by Fulham ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rascal strides... Somehow those moody joggers just made him look useless.

Wtf are Fulham doing? keeper crucial position and they have the worst GK options in the league. Whoever thought Magath would be if any use in this league needs their head testing
  • Options
    I do enjoy the screenshots people post on here of paddy power twitter account. Refreshing to have a large company using humour rather than bland advertisements.
  • Options
    I remember him playing for Villa and getting absolute pelters from the covered end due to his Palace connection. He looked genuinely bemused about it, obviously hadn't kept up with those programmes on Sky about football wivalries.